IGNORED

Tristan Plummer

Red Skin

He wasn't anywhere near the first team and probably still isn't because he's still very young. It was just hype over some youtube video of him pulling a few tricks and a made up story about him being chased by Arsenal. Might be quality in a few years.

He wasn't anywhere near the first team and probably still isn't because he's still very young. It was just hype over some youtube video of him pulling a few tricks and a made up story about him being chased by Arsenal. Might be quality in a few years.

He was representing England at U17 so it's not all hype. Just wondering how he's developing. I remember Odejayi and Spencer making subs appearances at an early age (albeit in L1) and they were massive. Tristan seems to have the skill and GJ mentioned giving him a game, but has he developed physically yet to handle the stick he'll get from seasoned centre-halves? Did anyone see him play last year?

Yep, saw him in a friendly agaist Torquay. A boy versus men on that performance - powder puff stuff with no impact. Judging on one game, but seemed way off being a candidate for the Conference let alone the Championship.

Bit of an Ashton Yater here, but the Academy ain't producing any where near the number of 'oven ready' kids they ought to be given the scale of investment.

He was representing England at U17 so it's not all hype. Just wondering how he's developing. I remember Odejayi and Spencer making subs appearances at an early age (albeit in L1) and they were massive. Tristan seems to have the skill and GJ mentioned giving him a game, but has he developed physically yet to handle the stick he'll get from seasoned centre-halves? Did anyone see him play last year?

It is hype when you're talking about first team football, the gap is huge. I know ex England U-16s and 18s that didn't even get a pro contract.

Generally the feedback from the posters on here who watch the academy and reserves can be summed up as nowhere near ready physically, skillful indeed but all round still a long way behind the likes of Ribeiro, Artus etc

He's got good technique which is great, but he hasn't seemed to develop physically yet..so we wait until he's physically ready until he gets near the first team. Depends on pre season, if he performs well who knows.

i would love the acadamy to be a success but I'm afraid the first team have moved away from the acadamy in the last couple of years I'm afraid , they rave about artus , ribero , plummer , so say to young , more like not good enough , these lads are 17, 18 , nearly all teams have kids playing at this age , if my 18 y/o was good enough i wouldnt let him anywhere near city , sad but true

i would love the acadamy to be a success but I'm afraid the first team have moved away from the acadamy in the last couple of years I'm afraid , they rave about artus , ribero , plummer , so say to young , more like not good enough , these lads are 17, 18 , nearly all teams have kids playing at this age , if my 18 y/o was good enough i wouldnt let him anywhere near city , sad but true

Very few teams have 17 and 18 year olds playing first team football at our level and pretty much every club who does has been at this level for long enough for a young player to go through the whole academy.

It will just take time to attract the better quality of 15/16 yr olds we can now we've been promoted and align the coaching with what the first team now needs - that's all IMO.

Plummer did ok for the academy last season but only managed 1 goal for reserves in about 7 starts. As Trundle found out at 31, it takes more than some fancy party tricks to hold down a regular 1st team spot.

Artus is not 17/18, he is 20 in september. At 6 ft and a solid 13 stone he is a good sized unit. He scored 4 for reserves from only 6 midfield starts and forum posters said he and Ribiero were a class above, in GJ's other 1st team. If Artus makes an impression in the pre season, that will give GJ a pleasant selection dilemma. Elliot, LJ, Williams, Noble, Skuse and Artus, all capable in the center midfield position.

I don't rate him at all, everyone went crazy over ''that'' you tube trick.

Although it be your opinion, I find that judgement a tad harsh.

Yes, he is far from Championship material at the moment but IMO I believe his potential will come through soon enough.

From the pics of training yesterday on the OS looks like he may be envolved with the first team maybe more this year!

I can see him going out on loan to somewhere like Cheltenham, Exeter maybe even Swindle! Just to get some first team experience under his belt and as someone stated before bulk up! Remember he is what 17/18 still got plenty of time to break into the first team!

O and i think we will see alot more of JMW this year! don't know why i just got a feeling!!

JMW to become the new Leroy and score 20 goals next season anybody?

I know your comment is probably a bit tongue in cheek but surely JMW must have learned something playing at Tranmere under an experienced manager for a whole season. Probably a lot more than these kids seem to learn in our Academy unfortunately - it seems to me that they are all coming out totally wet behind the ears but perhaps people who know better can put me right? Playing thirty or so league games at Jennisons age plus the games he had already played for us should be fantastic experience for the lad and if he has anything about him he ought to be champing at the bit and looking to become a squad player this season.

He was amazing VS Man City in the youth fa cup. So was our other youth striker. He tore thorough defenses with speed and skill. He is better than anyone we have atm - up front that is.

He was amazing VS Man City in the youth fa cup. So was our other youth striker. He tore thorough defenses with speed and skill. He is better than anyone we have atm - up front that is.

are you sure he done one decent run all game which i think won us a pen i think but dnt quote me on that as for the thread creator your right hes goin the same way as his bro and a million miles off first team footie

Could be useful back up down the left though if his loans last season have done him some good.

True he could be good back up down the left but when he was youth team getting rave reviews like plummer he was a striker!! He was only played on the left because he was quick and left footed! Perhaps he should be tried more as a striker younger quicker byfield! be good off the bench!!

Archived