IGNORED

Bleep Test

bcfc-123

There are two markers that you have to run between, you have to get there before there is a beep, the higher the level the faster the beep. Earlier levels are easy, levels near the end are hard.

When you miss the beep thats the level you are.

Thaks for the explanation. I never knew how these things worked.

So it's a beep test not a bleep test? How bleeping stupid is that?

Guest Premiership Reality

From first hand experience, let me tell you that they are extremely hard indeed. I have never heard of anybody completing it! For McIndoe to complete this at such an early time in preseason, I think its wuite incredible. Surely our fitness levels will improve ready for the Premier League in the 09/10 season.

:winner_third_h4h::englandsmile4wf::fingerscrossed::pray::city:

From first hand experience, let me tell you that they are extremely hard indeed. I have never heard of anybody completing it! For McIndoe to complete this at such an early time in preseason, I think its wuite incredible. Surely our fitness levels will improve ready for the Premier League in the 09/10 season.

:winner_third_h4h::englandsmile4wf::fingerscrossed::pray::city:

ive completed a beep test ohhh sh it no hang on sorry that was in my dream the same one were i came on for city and scored the winner in the fa cup at wembley ohh happy times thinks i should go back to bed

The beep test was one of the things that used to send a shiver down my spine back in me army days. Every six months we`d turn up at the gym to see the two lines of cones set up ready. I`m sure there`s supposed to be a set distance for them to be apart but i couldn`t tell you what it is. We used the two baselines on the basketball court.

For those that are blissfully unaware, you would all line up at one end and wait for the 1st beep then run to the other end of the court before the next beep. Stage 1 is really easy and its just a warm up. Once at the other end you`d have a second or two to turn around and be ready for the Stage 2. Again the first beep, set off to the other end before the next beep. But the time allowed to get to the other end becomes progressively shorter each time. Not only that but the time betwwen each stage becomes shorter too.

I`m no McIndoe, rather, i wasn`t then either but i was pretty fit. I couldn`t tell you now what stage i got too but i was usually one of the last few to be running and i can tell you when you get to the latter stages of the test it`s full on sprinting. There`s hardly any gap betwwen the stages. Your sprinting for the far end and trying to turn on a sixpence to be ready to sprint back. While it does indicate the individuals speed this test is all about stamina and for MM to go the distance is bloody impressive, believe me.

PDG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleep_test

hopefully this will clear a few things up. also there are 2 different types, one that goes to 16 and one that goes to 21 (23 on some new ones)

http://www.fireservice.co.uk/fitness/shuttlerun.php

A bit different to mine which consists of 23 pints of Natch spaced 20 cm apart which have to be drunk in between each bleep. To my knowledge no-one has completed it to the end - not even some of our famous old boys who used to train particularly hard on this aspect of their game!! ;-)

You'd expect most of them to be getting at least 13, because I got 12.6 in January, and there's no way I'm fitter than professional football players!

Also, speed is still a major factor because when I went out it wasn't because I was tired it was because I just couldn't run that fast.

Who would you expect to do the worst on the test? I would have thought it would be Lee Johnson because it's bloody getting enough speed after level 12 no matter how fit you are when you are short!

Archived