IGNORED

Lee Trundle

MATT BCFC

Doesnt seem to be to much mentioned about LT atm yet I think he could be a key player for us next season. Took a while for him to find his feet but at the end of last season he was quality.

Think a major factor in his end of season form was the fact he got fitter, he clearly has ability and when fully fit is a ver good player in this league. Heard that when he came to the club he had a body fat percentage of 18 come the end of the season it was 10% which apparently is incredible.

Hopefully after a full pre season behind him he can get fit and bang the goals in for us next season :fingerscrossed: who knows we could already have a 15-20 goal a season man!

I agree I think (hope!) we will see the real Trundle this season.

I remember some swans fans coming on here after we signed him saying that he took a season to find his feet with them and then got going. I hope the same happens for us.

After a dull first season, I would like to think LT will improve this year, but I am not holding my breath. If we sign two quailty strikers as predicted, I feel Lee will be playing second fiddle this year.

He will have to make the most of the limited opportunities that come his way if he is to force himself into the starting eleven. I wish him luck thou

I agree I think (hope!) we will see the real Trundle this season.

I remember some swans fans coming on here after we signed him saying that he took a season to find his feet with them and then got going. I hope the same happens for us.

Lee found his feet pretty quickly when he joined us, a goal on his league debut, and a hat trick in his second game!.... Can we have him back?

I think, he'll be better..but I don't think he'll be great. If he stays in the team i expect 10+ goals next season. But if he stays in the team, it means Gary has signed badly or not at all over the summer. Or Trundle might be great, which i don't think will happen.

On the brief number of occasions I have spoken to him he actually seems like a decent guy. Saying that so do most of the players.

The playoff game against Palace at AG was his best performance in a red shirt. Absolutely brilliant.

Living with a swansea fan at uni for three years i saw loads of trundle and am the first to agree he has undoubted flair and class. i was over the moon when we signed him

however i don't see him featuring much next season. Even now in the best shape hes ever been in, he still couldnt outpace evn the fattest centreback.

When 2 new strikers come in i imagine they will line up together as a starting pair, and dele will be first spot on the bench as obviously he is a more direct option if your chasing the game.

Thatl leave trunds as cover, getting 20 mins here and there and coming in for players when injured. He seems like a bit of legendary bloke aswell but on the wages we are prob paying him id rather try and shift him on for a couple of hundred grand to a league 1 team and free up the wage budget for Meteb & Maynard

You were in League 1 then you'll find it's a big step up to the Championship. Don't forget he was your most talented player befre.......

You're right there, it is going to be a big step up, and i'd be happy with a mid table finish myself.....but Bristol City didn't do too bad last season after making the step up!

Swansea will be fine next season, maybe even up there.

martinez is bringing accross players that are costing hundreds of thousands just for the year loan option, no future deal or anything.

think his names Jordi and apparently he is the nuts

theyve already got a good squad and these spanish additions will prob be decent aswell, great buzz around the club and great setup there now in recent years

Donny and Forest could do ok i reckon aswell but not top half.

going to be a tough league this year

Bring it on!

He will have to make the most of the limited opportunities that come his way if he is to force himself into the starting eleven. I wish him luck thou

Pete, you are warming to him, admit it!! I know you really rate him, a friend or ours told me!! :whistle:

You're right there, it is going to be a big step up, and i'd be happy with a mid table finish myself.....but Bristol City didn't do too bad last season after making the step up!

I can see your boys doing well this season. As long as you finish above Bardiff everyone will be happy.. Best of luck this year jack.

Doesnt seem to be to much mentioned about LT atm yet I think he could be a key player for us next season. Took a while for him to find his feet but at the end of last season he was quality.

Think a major factor in his end of season form was the fact he got fitter, he clearly has ability and when fully fit is a ver good player in this league. Heard that when he came to the club he had a body fat percentage of 18 come the end of the season it was 10% which apparently is incredible.

Hopefully after a full pre season behind him he can get fit and bang the goals in for us next season :fingerscrossed: who knows we could already have a 15-20 goal a season man!

We sure have, Brookers the name :worship2:

Much as I would like to see Trundle start banging in the goals I don't expect him to mainly because I can see him being a bit part player particularly if Brooker can prove his fitness.

Add to that two new strikers hopfully coming in and Trundle could find himself down the pecking order.

Cheers mate!...good luck yourselves also. Looking forward to another trip to Ashton Gate next season, we had to settle for The Memorial last season, with its 'beer tent' stands!

I can see your boys doing well this season. As long as you finish above Bardiff everyone will be happy.. Best of luck this year jack.

Living with a swansea fan at uni for three years i saw loads of trundle and am the first to agree he has undoubted flair and class. i was over the moon when we signed him

however i don't see him featuring much next season. Even now in the best shape hes ever been in, he still couldnt outpace evn the fattest centreback.

When 2 new strikers come in i imagine they will line up together as a starting pair, and dele will be first spot on the bench as obviously he is a more direct option if your chasing the game.

Thatl leave trunds as cover, getting 20 mins here and there and coming in for players when injured. He seems like a bit of legendary bloke aswell but on the wages we are prob paying him id rather try and shift him on for a couple of hundred grand to a league 1 team and free up the wage budget for Meteb & Maynard

its not all about pace , its about being clever , does the name windass or phillips mean anything :whistle:

Cheers mate!...good luck yourselves also. Looking forward to another trip to Ashton Gate next season, we had to settle for The Memorial last season, with its 'beer tent' stands!

thanks mate thats what real fans r like they don't go on other peoples forums and give all this and that they say good luck and things like i can see you finish around 12th next year and doing the double over baadiff and i feel sorry for darryl duffy was he any good at your place oh and trunds is going to be bril next year

its not all about pace , its about being clever , does the name windass or phillips mean anything :whistle:

totally agree but windass is strong as an ox (useful target man), and philips scores goals for fun.

IMO trundles greatest benefit is his flair and skills, but defenders at championship level seem to be able to restrict him to do it in areas were is ineffectual. (corner flag/halfway line)

If we are winning and he comes on when another team is pushing then he will prob get a few. but against a solid defence he seems to struggle to break through

saying that though maybe he needs a pacier partner to make runs for him?

thanks mate thats what real fans r like they don't go on other peoples forums and give all this and that they say good luck and things like i can see you finish around 12th next year and doing the double over baadiff and i feel sorry for darryl duffy was he any good at your place oh and trunds is going to be bril next year

Darryl Duffy came to us on loan from Hull, at the end of the season before last, and scored 5 goals in 5 games, playing with Trunds as his strike partner. When he played with Lee as his strike partner, he looked awesome, and was the one signing that we all hoped Roberto would make last summer.

As it turned out, we signed Darryl, but Trunds left for Bristol City, and Darryl ended up getting only one goal all season, albeit most of the time he was sitting in the stands....hopefully it'll all work out for him, and he can get back on track at Rovers.

Hope Lee has a better season than the last, you haven't seen the best of him yet...when Trunds is on song, it's worth the entry fee alone to watch him perform, an absolute legend down our way!

Why did it take Trundle a season to get fit then?

Archived