IGNORED

Silverstooooooooooone

94th Minute

Faultless race for Lewis. Not sure who his doubters are, but i'm guessing they all live in Italy and Spain. :rolleyes:

Don't think all of the British press are from Italy and Spain, some of them maybe...not all of them though surely; think of the transport costs!

Incidently I notice Robbored hasn't visited this topic to say how boring F1 is, wonder if he watched it. In the 'slightly adjusted' words of the sags...are you watching robbored?

As a side note, disappointed with the headlines today, surely could have come up with something great...

'Hamiltons wet dream'??

Don't think all of the British press are from Italy and Spain, some of them maybe...not all of them though surely; think of the transport costs!

Incidently I notice Robbored hasn't visited this topic to say how boring F1 is, wonder if he watched it. In the 'slightly adjusted' words of the sags...are you watching robbored?

As a side note, disappointed with the headlines today, surely could have come up with something great...

'Hamiltons wet dream'??

Robbored mentioned how boring F1 is in the Speedway thread below/above.....

I think you'll find he's watching Golf as we speak :noexpression:

Robbored mentioned how boring F1 is in the Speedway thread below/above.....

No,I didn't watch the British Grand Prix nor the tennis.Both as dull as ditchwater.

If I had to watch one it would have been F1 simply because we have a Brit who not too bad at it.He must have the best car.

Its beyond me why the BBC ruined the sunday night schedule to show a Spaniard and a Swiss hit a ball over a net for 4 hours plus.Then at 10pm on BBC 2 they showed the highlights! FFS!

Why didn't they put the tennis onto BBC 3 or something?

If I had to watch one it would have been F1 simply because we have a Brit who not too bad at it.He must have the best car.

Well, you missed out on something special then...don't worry in 4 days you can watch England collapse against a mediocre South African attack, for 5 days, probably some archive footage in the rain delays too!!

He doesn't just have the best car, he may not even have the best car...he was considerably faster than kovalainen in a clone of his car.

Maybe he is just very talented at what he does, but I guess admitting that would mean conceeding that there is skill in F1, that it doesn't come just down to the car, that it isn't disgustingly predictable. Heres a question, if it is the car, then why do the races not finish with the 2 drivers of each manufacturer finishing adjacent in the rankings?

Maybe we should just start these topics off with "positive thread about f1/tennis/cricket/whatever" and then anyone who doesnt like it knows to just ignore it and not bothering going in the thread to whinge.

Its the same as my best mate doesnt "get" football, I don't whinge and moan at her about it, its her opinion and shes perfectly entitled to it. Doesnt mean I go round telling her I think shes wrong and how boring I think her opinion is at every opportunity.

Maybe people who don't like things, when they see the title of the post could just keep out, so that those of us who do enjoy it can just get on with discussing it instead of having the thread derailed by a load of negative comments.

Maybe people who don't like things, when they see the title of the post could just keep out, so that those of us who do enjoy it can just get on with discussing it instead of having the thread derailed by a load of negative comments.

Thats hardly 'freedom of speech' Dolly.

This is after all a forum - a place for discussion - and I am as entitled as you to post my views. Plus I don't see my comments as 'negative'. The fact I don't see the appeal in F1 is simply the way it is. Nothing negative about it at all. The fact that you like it is fine by me but the fact that I find it dull is not ok with you.

No,I didn't watch the British Grand Prix nor the tennis.Both as dull as ditchwater.

Its beyond me why the BBC ruined the sunday night schedule to show a Spaniard and a Swiss hit a ball over a net for 4 hours plus.Then at 10pm on BBC 2 they showed the highlights! FFS!

Probably because the BBC has a better grasp of what is popular than you do.

And as such, decided the most watched tennis tournament in the world was marginally more attractive than Songs Of Praise or whatever you were waiting to see.

I just don't see the point in posting in a thread just to say "Nah it bores me, cant see what people like in it"

Maybe so that someone could explain to me what it is I'm missing. I'm obviously missing something as lots of others find it interesting.

And as such, decided the most watched tennis tournament in the world was marginally more attractive than Songs Of Praise or whatever you were waiting to see.

Didn't he go and watch the sags at Wembley?

I guess that sums the bloke up :disapointed2se:

Not sure about that. The BBC have hardly any live sport and when they do have something to show they over expose it.Its as if they are showing off 'look what we have'....

The coverage of this years Wimbledon was grossly ott. Most people have freeview - why not put it BBC 3 or 4?

Not sure about that. The BBC have hardly any live sport and when they do have something to show they over expose it.Its as if they are showing off 'look what we have'....

The coverage of this years Wimbledon was grossly ott. Most people have freeview - why not put it BBC 3 or 4?

Why take their most popular programme off their main channel?

Because then people would ask "what am I paying my license fee for if I still have to buy a freeview box." And I think the BBC should be doing as much as it can to keep sport (whatever sport) on the mainstream channels.

I don't get cricket, but I don't go in any of the cricket threads going "oh my god what is the point of cricket, why do people even bother watching it?"

I just don't bother going in that thread.

It is for me weird bothering to go a topic about something proclaiming "this is dull" just leave.. whenever any minority sport pops up someone thinks the people who are into it need to know that they're not.

I love...f1 in the wet. Hamilton was fantastic. Ferrari have certainly gone downhill tactically with Brawn leaving and i'm surprised how noticeable that is. While Brawns Honda in Barrichello tactically if not technically had a great race. Kovaleinen's pretty awful.. wonder how long he'll have to turn it around.

You think cricket is in the slightest bit interesting??????? jeeezuz tennis is more exciting

You'll be thrilled to know the BBC have paid Bernie megabucks for the TV rights to F1 from 2009.

Mmmm Bernie said it was a 'pure commercial decision' which means he getting paaaaid shamon!! Glad to see my TV licence is being well spent, hope they bring back Murry.

Clearly the tennis and F1 were both fantastic sporting events. Brilliant.

How anyone can say cricket is boring is beyond me - have seen some unbelievable games and moments.

Most interestingly though, I cannot believe the high level of unnecessary and targetted pointless personal abuse in this thread for someone who replied after being goaded in posts 5 and 6. Seriously, how old is everyone?

Archived