IGNORED

Get Rid Of The Blue

Blagdon red

• SC&T Board Members

You may have noticed that the amount of blue showing in the 'Get rid of the blue' pie-chart above has gone down a bit ... that's thanks to a dozen or so people who spent a few quid with OTIB advertisers last week, for which we received a bit of commission. Thanks!

The amount of blue still showing, however, shows you how far away we still are from covering the monthly costs of running OTIB.

You can help us to get rid of the blue by making your online purchases via any of the display ads or links on this page or in the shopping forum... and you can win £50 in play.com vouchers (click 'What's this?' above for more details).

Several people who bought online via OTIB with Amazon, National Express and Travelodge last week forgot to let us know ... which means they're missing out on the chance to win that £50 ... so when you buy online via these ads or links, please let us know by e-mailing otibshop@bristolcityst.org.uk and we'll enter you into the draw.

Before you shop online, think OTIB ... and help us to get rid of the blue!

PS - If there are any retailers from whom you regularly buy online that we don't feature here, please PM me and we'll see if we can join their advertising programme so that we can carry their ads on this site to enable you to visit them via OTIB, thus earning the forum commission.

Guest Garfunkle
You may have noticed that the amount of blue showing in the 'Get rid of the blue' pie-chart above has gone down a bit ... that's thanks to a dozen or so people who spent a few quid with OTIB advertisers last week, for which we received a bit of commission. Thanks!

The amount of blue still showing, however, shows you how far away we still are from covering the monthly costs of running OTIB.

You can help us to get rid of the blue by making your online purchases via any of the display ads or links on this page or in the shopping forum... and you can win £50 in play.com vouchers (click 'What's this?' above for more details).

Several people who bought online via OTIB with Amazon, National Express and Travelodge last week forgot to let us know ... which means they're missing out on the chance to win that £50 ... so when you buy online via these ads or links, please let us know by e-mailing otibshop@bristolcityst.org.uk and we'll enter you into the draw.

PS - If there are any retailers from whom you regularly buy online that we don't feature here, please PM me and we'll see if we can join their advertising programme so that we can carry their ads on this site to enable you to visit them via OTIB, thus earning the forum commission.

have you thought about betting sites, or odds comparison sites such as www.oddschecker.com ?

• SC&T Board Members
have you thought about betting sites, or odds comparison sites such as www.oddschecker.com ?

Yeah, we have Bet 365 now in the betting sub forum and you'll occasionally see a small ad for Paddy Power above. We're a bit wary of running too many betting ads though, as we don't want to be accused of unduly promoting what some people see as an addictive bad habit. Will look into oddschecker.

www.bcfcmegastore.co.uk and www.bcfcpics.co.uk?

Unfortunately they don't offer any affiliate commission!

That's a shame. I like oddschecker - very useful site that. Oddschecker make their money through letting people know where the best prices for a bet are and then providing a link to that bookie. The bookie then pays a commission when an account is opened (maybe even per bet?).

We could do our own version of oddschecker in the betting forum for City games. A couple of days before each game we could put up details of odds for the game, first scorer etc from different bookies and have a series of links at the top of the forum to allow fans to bet via those links. The research could be as simple as looking at oddschecker. It would need us to set up some links and someone to remember to post a topic up.

bit of a stupid question but what happens if you don't get rid of the blue every month...... p.s as soon as i start working i would gladly donate :englandsmile4wf:

• SC&T Board Members
bit of a stupid question but what happens if you don't get rid of the blue every month...... p.s as soon as i start working i would gladly donate :englandsmile4wf:

In the short term the Trust will continue to cover the shortfall from funds raised through other means. If we continue to show a shortfall over the longer term, we will, however, have to reconsider whether this is an appropriate use of such money. The options then are pretty blunt: find an alternative source of revenue, renegotiate the costs or cease funding it, which obviously may result in the forum closing.

We don't want that ... and to answer your second question, if every user donated £1 a month that would indeed more than cover the cost.

In the short term the Trust will continue to cover the shortfall from funds raised through other means. If we continue to show a shortfall over the longer term, we will, however, have to reconsider whether this is an appropriate use of such money. The options then are pretty blunt: find an alternative source of revenue, renegotiate the costs or cease funding it, which obviously may result in the forum closing.

We don't want that ... and to answer your second question, if every user donated £1 a month that would indeed more than cover the cost.

thanks for your response blagdon red...cant you do something to highlight the problem and see if people would be willing to donate such a small amount each month,i mean I'm sure if they all realise that the forum could shut then people will help

• SC&T Board Members
thanks for your response blagdon red...cant you do something to highlight the problem and see if people would be willing to donate such a small amount each month,i mean I'm sure if they all realise that the forum could shut then people will help

I think the message is getting through ... it certainly reached Dominic in the US. Thanks a lot for your donation, Dominic!

• SC&T Board Members

And they keep coming...

Cheers Paul ... not only an Amazon purchase (I promise not to say what it was!) but a donation as well!

Thanks a lot.

PS - Around a third of one month's running costs donated in all this afternoon / evening. Thanks all.

Guest Eamer

Perhaps HMV.co.uk would be one to look at, their site is more often than not better than their store and like play.com offers free postage.

Also maybe websites like Tesco, for people who do their weekly/monthly shopping online?

• SC&T Board Members
Perhaps HMV.co.uk would be one to look at, their site is more often than not better than their store and like play.com offers free postage.

Also maybe websites like Tesco, for people who do their weekly/monthly shopping online?

Cheers, Eamer - two good calls.

We had previously been turned down by Tesco, but I've just found another route via which to apply to join their programme, so fingers crossed! I've also applied for the HMV programme, so with any luck we'll have them in the ads above or the shopping forum within the next few days.

PS - Dan in Leeds ... just got your donation: thanks!

PPS - Thanks also to whoever signed up for a new 3G mobile contract this week ... that one was a nice little earner for OTIB!!

• SC&T Board Members
How about easyjet and Ryanair? People most spend a fair bit with them.

I may be spending quite abit with Air south west soon, I'd delighted for otib to get a small share of it if a programme was set up.

I don't think Ryanair do an affiliate programme and although I've seen ads for easyJet on other sites, I don't know how to join their programme ... they don't organise it through any of the obvious channels.

Good shout on Air Southwest - just found their progamme and signed up ... expect to see a link or ad soon!

PS - Yes, cheers Michael - the bump seems to have helped a lot!

how about selling otib t shirts with bristol city fans forum written on them put them on ebay,people press the on link then bobs your uncle,your be killing two birds with one stone money wise......just trying too help :englandsmile4wf: or what about fans forum scarves abit like forza the eastend,you could have forza fans forum

how about selling otib t shirts with bristol city fans forum written on them put them on ebay,people press the on link then bobs your uncle,your be killing two birds with one stone money wise......just trying too help :englandsmile4wf: or what about fans forum scarves abit like forza the eastend,you could have forza fans forum

There is already a forza eastend forum on www.ziderheads.co.uk there is no need for another one.

Bump!

I have just bought something off Play.com

PS. If you add Tesco, why not also add Sainsburys (far superior for home delivery!) and Asda? That should cover all bases!

Also, if Ryanair and Easyjet offer affiliate programs, why don't you see if the other major airlines that fly from Bristol (Continental, Air France, KLM and Lufthansa do the same. I have recently spent enough with Continental and KLM to keep this site running for months!!

Archived