IGNORED

Get Rid Of The Blue

Blagdon red

Only problem with that is someone has to fork out and risk their own money and not a lot of people are willing to do that.

You could get 100 t shirts made up , sell 5 and end up £00's out of pocket.

maybe get peoples veiws on it first to see who would be interested in this idea.do a picture of what they look like and see how many would be interested in buying them, then go from there,(end of the day I'm just trying to find ways to make money so the forum dosnt shut down)which would be a sad lose to all who use it

• SC&T Board Members
How about easyjet and Ryanair? People most spend a fair bit with them.

I may be spending quite abit with Air south west soon, I'd delighted for otib to get a small share of it if a programme was set up.

Air Southwest is now up there (one of the small banners rotating top right), as is Premier Inn, which was suggested to me in a PM by another poster.

Any more for any more?

• SC&T Board Members

Well, after a flurry of donations and spending via the OTIB ads and links, we've now covered 90% of the running costs of OTIB for this month... we've nearly got rid of the blue!

Thanks to everyone who donated or bought something via the links last week.

Now, it's time for a final push for the finishing line! So if you're buying online this week, please think OTIB before you buy and check above and in the shopping forum whether we have a link to that retailer - if you buy via that link, you pay the same as if you went there direct AND OTIB gets a small commission. Alternatively, if you feel OTIB is worthy of a donation to help pay its costs, please feel free to click the 'Donate' button above.

And once again: if there are any retailers that buy from online that we don't feature, please let us know and we'll see if we can add ads for them (last week we added Premier Inn, Air Southwest and KLM, to name but 3, in response to posters' suggestions).

PS - You might also want to take a look at the Beautiful Beanbags site ... it's run by one of our fellow posters, who is also helping to cover the OTIB costs by advertising his site above.

Brilliant news, well done to everyone who has contributed to the running costs of the forum in whatever way - JP in St Albans that includes you, thanks for your very kind donation!

Remember though folks, even if we do hit this months total, we still have to do it all again next month!

:D

Thanks for the reply to my PM Blagdon Red.

Just to clarify for everyone - I sent him a PM asking about non-city stuff through ebay and OTIB gets payment REGARDLESS of what you buy as long as the link came through OTIB.

Thanks for that, I have now added ebay to my favourite links with links to OTIB

• SC&T Board Members

Cheers chaps.

Yes, re Easton Boy's comment - any sale via ebay earns us a few pennies, even though the link says 'City stuff' ... I'll change that next time I update those links.

We've just signed up with Ticketmaster, so I'll add them too shortly ... and will look to see if SeeTickets do a similar deal.

• SC&T Board Members
What about Moneysupermarket / GoCompare.com? Two sites which I think run affiliate schemes and doesn't necessarily require a purchase, just a search...

Good shout - have applied to join both programmes.

• SC&T Board Members
Just like to say weel done to Blagdon and the Trust in giving their time so generously in keping this place afloat - give yourselves a pat on the back!

Cheers!

BTW NickB, have also applied to the SeeTickets programme. We'll get rid of the blue yet!!

• SC&T Board Members

An update on some ads now added following posters' suggestions:

NickB

Ticketmaster is now amongst the text links above (third down in the first column).

SeeTickets is on the way.

redZW

Gocompare is now one of the small display ads rotating on the left-hand side.

Easton Boy

The reference to 'City stuff' has been removed from the 'ebay' link, so that people don't think we earn commission only if they buy City-related items via ebay. We get a few pence for every purchase or sign up.

Eamer

HMV now added in the rotating ads on the left and the text links (bottom of 3rd column).

All further suggestions welcome!

NickB

Ticketmaster is now amongst the text links above (third down in the first column).

SeeTickets is on the way.

Thanks, I will be using it to get my Kooks tickets today. :fingerscrossed:

Then staking my claim for the Play vouchers!

• SC&T Board Members
Thanks, I will be using it to get my Kooks tickets today. :fingerscrossed:

Then staking my claim for the Play vouchers!

BTW, I just noticed that the Ticketmaster link is not pointing to their main homepage ... we're changing that ... but in the meantime, even linking to the current page and then navigating to what you want should work.

WarksRed: Travel Republic unfortunately don't have an affiliate programme - but thanks for the suggestion.

Archived