IGNORED

Brooker Back To Cheltenham

RobinCTFC

Hi guys, our local paper today is carrying a story that we are very hopeful of bringing Brooker back to Cheltenham on loan (I would assume for the season) it says we might also get another of your fringe players too, any suggestions? I would assume it would be a winger as Brooker and Hooper (if the signing happens) will be our first choice front line.

Guest Garfunkle
Hi guys, our local paper today is carrying a story that we are very hopeful of bringing Brooker back to Cheltenham on loan (I would assume for the season) it says we might also get another of your fringe players too, any suggestions? I would assume it would be a winger as Brooker and Hooper (if the signing happens) will be our first choice front line.

brian wilson would be my guess, or betsy if he hasnt left already?

Aye Betsy would make sense.

Brooker doesn't at all. I don't rate him, but he's seemingly fit and it would be in my opinion be madness to simply loan him out for the year. If you want to buy him..every player especially him has his price, but no way will he be loaned out for the season when he has one year left.

Even more so when we haven't signed his replacements yet.

Guest Garfunkle
Not happy if true; he hasnt been given a chance yet; need at least a couple of proven forwards before this happens :disapointed2se:

another off the wage bill and then comes the signing id guess

Aye Betsy would make sense.

Brooker doesn't at all. I don't rate him, but he's seemingly fit and it would be in my opinion be madness to simply loan him out for the year. If you want to buy him..every player especially him has his price, but no way will he be loaned out for the season when he has one year left.

Even more so when we haven't signed his replacements yet.

I agree, especially if I'm right in thinking he's out of contract next summer. That makes a season long loan a dead rubber in that case as we may as well sell him now than lose him for nothing.

Betsy will be going this summer whatever happens so he's the most likely. He'd be a decent signing down the right for Cheltenham.

After all the fuss about bringing Brooker back at the end of last season I would have thought that to loan him out again would just be stupid.

I think with Brooker there ars only 2 real options.

1) Keep him and let him fight for his place - you never know he might turn out to be a blinding player at this level if given a good run.

2) Sell him.

Loaning him out for a month or a season no mattter how long is just stupid now. It would be better for both parties to just sell him or keep him.

The article says you are waiting for some new signings before letting your fringe players leave. As much as Brooker is a hero up here I really don't see us signing him just for one month it would surely be on loan until at least January when we may try and make the move permanent. I suspect we could probably pay a fee but wages and as much as SB loved it up here he would have bigger clubs interested. I think our board need to pull of the Brooker signing to appease our fans who were not happy with the sale of Gillespie to Col U for £425k on Monday.

Oh and to the guy who suggest Myrie-Williams - please no! He was garbage last year and thankfully we want a right winger not a left sided one if you could even call him that.

I do rate SB, and want him to be a big part of our plans for this coming season. I'd take SB over Dele as a target man every time.

If brooks went anywhere on loan it would have to be on the basis that GJ can get him back if he wants to use him - the other comments about a committed, season-long loan not making sense have got to be right. If SB did go on loan and have a blinder of a season, it might make him more valuable to another club - but we wouldnt see any value from it.

Second-guessing GJ is a notoriously difficult thing to do though - so very difficult to assess his thinking on SB - but, as others have said, if GJ gets his striker targets, IMO likley to be a loan for SB - for how long will depend upon the success of our new striking force.

If you look at Brooker and his current one year left on his contract situation and then look at Murray and gave him a one year deal then ask yourself this - If you signed Murray for one year and then loaned him out for a season then what was the point in signing him in for the year and the same is true for Brooker either

we pay him a year's salary and he gives his all for the next season

or

we sell him and keep the salary we were going to spend on his contract

or

we loan him and still pay part of his wages (which I presume is what CTFC would be able to afford) .

or

we loan him and the receiving club pays his full salary

If we loan him in any shape or form and he gets injured then we get to pay the remainder of his contract.

Loans other than a short term loan don't make any sense at all.

getting him off the wag bill it would do, but surely he is worth at least a 100K fee plus the saved wages ? with his injury record its a risk for the buying club, but he does seem to have turned a corner on the health front and even if he only managed 6 months of the season it would be worth it to whoever he goes to. I like brooker, plays with real heart when fit and the few glimpses we saw of him last season for us he looked a real threat, i would hang onto him but then i don't know the inside story, in gj we trust.

Don't think Brooker is in GJ plans anymore, so if he goes out on loan it gets him off the wage bill instead of having to pay up the remainder of his contract.

You've hit the nail on the head there mate.

Pretty certain that SB is on the naughty boy's list now, and we all know what GJ is like once that happens.

If we can sell Booker this summer then I think it makes sense, although if he gets himself fit then I think it will be a shame. That's football though I guess!

You've hit the nail on the head there mate.

Pretty certain that SB is on the naughty boy's list now, and we all know what GJ is like once that happens.

If we can sell Booker this summer then I think it makes sense, although if he gets himself fit then I think it will be a shame. That's football though I guess!

Yes. It is difficult. Brooks injuries have not done him any favours. When he is fit and on, he is on but it seems a rarity these days.

I wouldn't have thought that there are many clubs ready to take a risk on signing him permanently. A loan is the best thing, get him fit and proven then either bring him back or sell at that time.

What else can you do? :noexpression:

No disrespect to Cheltenham, but other Championship Clubs could have an interest in Brooker if a short term loan is in the offing, assuming GJ would loan to another CCC Club.

Personally I would like to see a fully fit firing Brooker in pre-season games, giving GJ food for thought

No disrespect to Cheltenham, but other Championship Clubs could have an interest in Brooker if a short term loan is in the offing, assuming GJ would loan to another CCC Club.

Personally I would like to see a fully fit firing Brooker in pre-season games, giving GJ food for thought

Agreed Spectator. It was nice to see the re-runs of norwich game where Brooks came on and scored. Everyone including GJ and KM were delighted for him. I don't think from seeing the emotions of his goal he is out of favour with GJ. however, I don't think GJ can bet the bank on him either and will therefore be looking for a par or proven better finisher. assuming GJ gets this player, does he then play Brooks or sit him out? What is best for Brooks? What is best for the Team?

Whoever goes both clubs should welcome a cost sharing that will tighten up the bands even more.

Guest Eamer

Take Brooker on a permanent deal. Please.

Fringe Players? Feel free to take Brian Wilson and Kevin Betsy on permanent deals also. You can also take Frankie Artus, Jennison Myrie-Williams and Christian Ribeiro on loan.

We can all dream.

Fringe Players? Feel free to take Brian Wilson and Kevin Betsy on permanent deals also. You can also take Frankie Artus, Jennison Myrie-Williams and Christian Ribeiro on loan.

We can all dream.

Exactly what has Brooker done to upset you so ???

Has he stolen your wife/girlfriend/car/money or something ??

We can all dream.

Funny how opinions differ, rather keep Brooker than sign the Egg wiped guy myself

Cheltenham are on the verge of signing Mansfields Michael Boulding.

Guess that will end speculatuions for the time being.

Cheltenham are on the verge of signing Mansfields Michael Boulding.

Guess that will end speculatuions for the time being.

Sorry guys this one just won't go away, according to a guy on our site (who claims to have inside info - yes I know they all do) then Brooker will be coming back on loan for the start of the season.

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=21420

As for the guy above yes we are signing Boulding as a replacement for Gillespie, we've been chasing Brooker all summer though as we need a target man to play alongside him, the rumours keep going around that he is not in your plans but wages are the problem for us. Rumour is you are paying him £4k a week which is twice what we will pay.

Archived