IGNORED

Brooker Back To Cheltenham

RobinCTFC

Don't think Brooker is in GJ plans anymore, so if he goes out on loan it gets him off the wage bill instead of having to pay up the remainder of his contract.

Simply put, how did you arrive at that deduction. Brooker has been our best forward in the pre season. Cheltenham........ surely a joke !

Sorry guys this one just won't go away, according to a guy on our site (who claims to have inside info - yes I know they all do) then Brooker will be coming back on loan for the start of the season.

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=21420

As for the guy above yes we are signing Boulding as a replacement for Gillespie, we've been chasing Brooker all summer though as we need a target man to play alongside him, the rumours keep going around that he is not in your plans but wages are the problem for us. Rumour is you are paying him £4k a week which is twice what we will pay.

It will go away - what is in it for us?

Brooker has scored two in two in pre season, if he's fit he's a possible starter.

Loaning him to get fit was one thing, we've no need to loan him when he's fit as you see from him being recalled last season.

If he doesn't get into the side in the first couple of months maybe, but I doubt that will happen. He won't be loaned before that.

If you offered a few hundred grand for him that might be considered but are you in a position to do that?

It will go away - what is in it for us?

Brooker has scored two in two in pre season, if he's fit he's a possible starter.

Loaning him to get fit was one thing, we've no need to loan him when he's fit as you see from him being recalled last season.

If he doesn't get into the side in the first couple of months maybe, but I doubt that will happen. He won't be loaned before that.

If you offered a few hundred grand for him that might be considered but are you in a position to do that?

I think we could afford the fee but not the wages. Let's see what happens it certainly seems that there is no smoke without fire...

I think this is one of those difficult ones where the fans don't actually get what they want - and have to bow to the managers judgement.

IMO the majority - although by no means all - of the contributors on here would like to see a fully-fit brooks get a sensible run of games to show us what he is capable of in the CCC. Because we believe that he is good enough to make a difference to our team. Whether GJ believes this or not we can only guess - but one thing we do know is that if GJ doesnt believe this, brooks will be on his way - and it could be back on loan to Cheltenham.

Whether GJ believes this or not we can only guess - but one thing we do know is that if GJ doesnt believe this, brooks will be on his way - and it could be back on loan to Cheltenham.

I think GJ has already said and shown that he believes a fit Brooker is an asset to the team.

If he looks like being surplus to requirements he might move him on but I doubt it will be on loan.

IMO a fully fit (!) Brooker is a greater asset to the team than Dele is. Brooker is a cleverer player, more consistent goalscorer and a better team player. He can create goals as well as put them away and is capable of contributing to the fast-paced flowing football that we were producing at the end of last season. He can score goals with his head but playing him upfront does not change our game to long ball as happened with Dele leading the line.

BUT.. as we all know, the only problem with Brooker, and the reason he is not one of our star players alongside Marv, McIndoe and Basso is that he can never seem to play more than about 5 matches in a row any more. Therefore, I would suggest that it is literally make-or-break time for Brooker and he should be given the chance to show what he can do AT THIS CLUB. :city: However, if he picks up another medium/long-term injury early in the season I think it will be time to say thank you, good luck and goodbye.

Hi guys, our local paper today is carrying a story that we are very hopeful of bringing Brooker back to Cheltenham on loan (I would assume for the season) it says we might also get another of your fringe players too, any suggestions? I would assume it would be a winger as Brooker and Hooper (if the signing happens) will be our first choice front line.

Your quote should have ended with a QUESTION MARK...OK

Interesting quote of the hereford board....'Keith Downing was sat by Gary Johnson for the whole of the 2nd hald half no doubt arranging a loan for him'.

Latest on our site is the loan is agreed until the January transfer window, I hope this is true.

Archived