IGNORED

Luton - 30 Point Deduction

Maesknoll Red

I think its shocking.

What sort of punishment is it? Are the players responsible for what goes on at board level? Are the supporters responsible for what goes on? Nope!

Directors are custodians of football clubs, they ought to be held accountable.

I agree fella.

The news has just been broken on Sultana Sports News... it's not on bbc & co yet by the looks..

They're being punished for the misdemeanours of the previous regime despite blowing the whistle themselves. This is far too harsh and designed to destroy them in effect. Perhaps the FL hopes the support will switch to their beloved MK Dons, that other killer of clubs. Never mind the Prem do you honestly think any of the bigger FL clubs would be treated the same? :disapointed2se:

i cant see what deducting 30 points is supposed to acheive ,apart from putting another club to the wall. It seems like the stuffed suits at the FL are flexing thier egos. Are they being punnished for speaking out against the bung culture a few seasons ago ? These people at the top must be accountable to someone surely. Making Luton go bust is senseless, not what i call fair play at all.

What's the latest on where we stand in this mess ?

I've not heard any more.

However, this punishment was a 10 point deduction for breaching regulations with regard to agents' fees over a twelve year period, and a further 20 point deduction for applying to come out of administration without a CVA.

This isn't linked to the 10 point deduction at all.

It's a 20 point deduction for their third insolvency event in 10 years and for coming out of administration without a CVA.

Usually you get 10 points for going into administration and 10 if you don't come out by the start of the next season. Leeds got fifteen for not having a CVA so 20 isn't insane given the repeated financial mess.

It's not fair on the people at Luton trying to pick up the pieces but there has to be a deterrent or we'll see clubs go bust.

Perhaps it will be reduced on appeal or made to "run concurrently" like jail time is.

Let's be clear - today's 20 points is all about insolvency, nothing to do with dodgy deals.

The mess created by the previous regime refers to the financial mess - not the dodgy deals.

The only way it would affect us if they decided to apply these retrospectively back to 1982!

Total disgrace, how can any club recover from that. It is previous management and directors that did it. How did West Ham get away with the Tevez affair, and Luton get this. It is disgusting. 15 points is already a major beating, 30 means almost certain relegation. Oh, and then Palace get only a few hundred grand in a tribunal for one of the best young players in the country. yep, the wages of a Prem third reserve keeper. Sorry, but sometimes football is an arse.

Agree with every work of that old timer.

I don't like Luton Town FC but this is wrong, very wrong.

What is the point in Football League clubs having an Academy for Prem clubs to come along and rob them of their best talent for peanuts? And then the knobs at the FA can't understand why England don't qualify for the Euro's.

Archived