IGNORED

Nick Carle On Sky Sports News

Cardy

Apparantly Palarce have bought Carle as a replacement for their ginger lad 'Watson' who has turned down a new contract. From what I saw of Watson last season he is head and shoulders better than Carle and I will be surprised if we don't see him plying his trade in the Prem. I for one thought Carle was a good player but just didn't have any goals in him.........cue next season where he's going to score against us for sure :grr:

IMO losing Carle is not the end of the world though.

i saw a bit of that interview

looked to me like he said he thought city were a good side and he liked it here.

as someone mentioned earlier he has to say that palace is a moive forward for him and i don't doubt he genuinely believes it is. i know we did them last season but i bet they pay him more, are def going to make him 1st team starter.

i personally think palace and city are currently very level sides, although palace have definitely had the better of the last 10 years at least.

in conclusion i didnt take offence to his comment at all and thought i t was nice of him to say that we were a good side

I must admit to hearing the same story as CTID2005. I was told Carle was a little too fond of 'the juice' and fell out with GJ over it. This may have been someone making assumptions due to the MS debacle but I had no reason to disbelieve the guy who told me!

I don't think we will ever find out the truth.

I don't know all the details but to be honest what do you expect him to say?

City sold him- he didn't ask to leave.

I won't be booing him. It wasn't as though he was here long enough to get really fond of him etc- just disapointing he didn't stay on as he had potential to be very good.

I am a little disappointed we don't still have Nick Carle. However, so be it. After seeing the interview I have not read into it the way some of you have. I think Nick gave honourable mention of City for what he could mention in the circumstances. I thought he came over as a professional. He obviously has to say he is happy going to palace. He tried his best for us. Treat him like a professional that he is... he is not a Marcus Stewart, there is no dolls out the pram..

I must admit to hearing the same story as CTID2005. I was told Carle was a little too fond of 'the juice' and fell out with GJ over it. This may have been someone making assumptions due to the MS debacle but I had no reason to disbelieve the guy who told me!

I don't think we will ever find out the truth.

Trust me, as someone who had the misfortune to live in Croydon for 18 months (please don't confuse SE25 with London) Mr. Carle ain't moving for the nightlife.

Croydon town centre after 7pm is absolutely shocking - hoardes of bevvied up 16 year olds with their equally sloshed Vicky Pollard lookalike girlfriends. Locally, the scraped back hair look is described as the Croydon Facelift and when its puking on the tram at 9.30 it doesn't help Croydon in its bid to become a designated centre of continental cafe culture......

As someone who got it badly wrong where GJ was concerned with the Marcus saga, I trust our manager's judgement 100%. Flash though Carle occasionally was, he wasn't exactly the prolific scorer we were all expecting - and his Paul Scholes-like tackling will get him sent off sooner rather than later. Lets face it, how many professional footballers these day stay at a club for anything other than cold hard cash. If he wanted to leave, there was no point keeping him and I (albeit 3 seasons too late) am happy to leave it to GJ to get a more than adequate replacement.

Good luck to Carle in Croydon - with that tan and stupid hair, he'll go down well........

I won't be booing him.

This is a tad off topic, but, I can't understand the booing of any opposing players as I don't see the benefit you can achieve from this pantomime wheez.

How do people think this affects players ? ......"Oh no, those nasty people are picking on me, shall I hide and not try. In fact, I think I'll that these bullies have their way and play shit and let them win."

Does anyone else think that the very opposite happens and they think "**** these #######s, I'm going to shove it up them".

N.B. This does not apply to Jamie Cureton.

:rofl2br:

I take it we've all gone off Carle a bit now then? :innocent06:

GJ's The Master. :yes:

Where did it all go wrong?

Could it be he enjoyed his VB just little too much, mmm? Well i dunno, but i feel the club did a nice bit of business here and lets face it, we wont miss him, i rate him close to Dinning.

Did warnock sign the player who he said "committed one of the worst tackles he has seen for years"?? He has gone and lets be fair 20 games and no goals which is what i think he was brought in for and sold is not a massive surprise. No loss and so say a decent profit so we have to take jonsons side on this i think. I heard along the same lines about the drinking hence why him and brooker was dropped against stoke away (whether or not true i don't know).

I heard the reason Carle was sold was because he simply did not get on with the rest of the squad and didn't seem to be able to fit in.

Once Palaces interest became known and we were able to make a tidy profit, GJ who (I think we all understand is so strong on the team/squad spirit) sanctioned the sale, after being told that all of the transfer fee would be added to his budget for the summer.

Most of the responses on here are pathetic. He should have stayed, he should of this that and the other.........complete rubbish.

The simple fact of the matter was this....... GJ thought that Williams is better than Carle. We were offered £1m for Carle and GJ knew we could get Williams for £300,000. Its a complete no-brainer really as GJ has paid less for a better player than what he already had in GJ's opinion, and after the signings of Elliott, McIndoe, and McCombe who are we to judge?

Most of the responses on here are pathetic. He should have stayed, he should of this that and the other.........complete rubbish.

The simple fact of the matter was this....... GJ thought that Williams is better than Carle. We were offered £1m for Carle and GJ knew we could get Williams for £300,000. Its a complete no-brainer really as GJ has paid less for a better player than what he already had in GJ's opinion, and after the signings of Elliott, McIndoe, and McCombe who are we to judge?

No the simple fact was that LeeJ wouldn't have got a look in with Carle playing as he did at the end of last season and Daddy couldn't allow that!!

No the simple fact was that LeeJ wouldn't have got a look in with Carle playing as he did at the end of last season and Daddy couldn't allow that!!

Glad you're fully behind the manager that has got us to our best finish in a generation. :noexpression:

What does Lee J have to do to prove himself to the blinkered City muppets who want a "tryer" like Tommy Doherty? He's moved onwards and upwards hasn't he? :innocent06:

All you city true supporters out there know that carle fell out with gary, as our manager he has a strict code of conduct. IF a player dosn't meet his expectations, then that player is on dodgy ground. And that is the way it should be. (just remember Marcus Stewart?????) Gary is our boss, he's done a fantastic job since he took over from Brian Tinnion, for anybody to question his judgement on the team are fools. I'm fed up of people slaiting off his son lee who will complete for us for 95mins not 70mins.Yes he does give the ball away sometimes, but he creates alot for us, and his work rate is unquestionable. When he got injured last season we missed him, and that's a fact. Yes Carle did come in and played very well at Sheffield utd,Palace and at Wembley which he was our best player, but the facts speak for itself NO goals and how many games did we win when he played well?............ 5. How many games did he last the whole 90mins+......... not many. So GJ had Crystal Palace wanting Carle at a price the club couldn't turn down and a good profit for the club is that good buisness? or not?. It's about time, us the supporters start believing in Gary and keith who's the forgotten man, the acheivement they both have done so far. Let them go on with their buisness to achieve all our goals to strive to the Premier League which we almost done last season. I SAY TO YOU ALL JUST REMEMBER SWANSEA WHEN WE LOST 7-1 AND WHERE WE OUR TODAY........ believeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I believe that Carle was signed in part to score and create goals. He did not score in 17 games and LJ scored only 1 in 41 games, whilst creating little.

Williams is averaging a goal every 6 matches and McIndoe rates him one of the best 3 players he's seen.....high praise indeed, lets hope he's right.

Back to Carle. He had been in Australia with the Aussie squad, then Palace make an offer to GJ for Carle which GJ accepts. Warnoke says he thought with LJ having recovered from injury, there might be a chance of getting Carle, GJ agreed. Now here's the crunch, if you are off somewhere on holiday and your boss agrees to sell you to someone else, how would you feel ? The words shafted and unwanted come to mind. What was Carle to do, his boss has agreed to sell him, he's in a new country with a career to think about and being touted as a million pound player is not a disadvantage.

Warnoke gets what he thinks he wants, Carle gets re-employed, GJ makes a profit on one of his non scoring midfielders and Williams gets a fresh start. If Williams scores a few goals all will be well in the garden of GJ.

I'm only talking gash now but what happens if Palace had somehow spoken to Carle before the play offs saying they were interested in him no matter what happened and that they offrered him X amount of money to him, that penalty he gave away in the play off 2nd leg was one that was so terrible that could maybe...... ok, I'm talking gash

If he did say negative things about our club I am dissapointed

Maybe he could have just said I have enjoyed my team with Bristol City

You have probably hit the nail on the head there. you reckon he thinks that bristol city is HIS TEAM. that he enjoyed HIS TEAM .. flippin nerve, f--king liberty.

Flippin Garys team not his team... what a nerve !

:noexpression:

I'm only talking gash now but what happens if Palace had somehow spoken to Carle before the play offs saying they were interested in him no matter what happened and that they offrered him X amount of money to him, that penalty he gave away in the play off 2nd leg was one that was so terrible that could maybe...... ok, I'm talking gash

That is called 'tapping up' and is not allowed my babber.

-_-

Narghh. I am with Red for Life on this one.

in GJ we trust.

Thanks Nick.. liked you a lot mate but Gary has his reasons and that is absolutely fine by me.

If Gary listened to the doubters and winge bags we would end up playing Lincoln and Wycombe in a year or two. I guess that would be ok for some though as they could then stop winging about paying 30 quid to see a match and instead pay 15 and watch tripe. lovely.

And still the Nick Carle saga goes on....!

Give him a fair go- he could hardly speak ill of his new club or its manager . As a fellow Australian I'm certainly sorry he has gone but that's history now. He certainly does not deserve to be given a hard time when Palace comes to play.

Archived