IGNORED

Ince....

cidernuta

A little bit premature, but in the light of the rumours surrounding Orr with Blackburn do you think Incey could make a move for Orr?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_3806399,00.html

Not much doubt about it I'd have thought.

If he rates Orr so highly though this will have to be reflected in Blackburn's offer rather than the derisory figure that has been mentioned so far.

Give Bradley the opportunity to move to the Premier League AND share a dressing room with his hero and Liverpool legend, Robbie Fowler and he'll be off like a shot.

Shame because Brad's become such a firm favourite and a part of the best defence we've assembled in many a year but he won't be irreplaceable. Of course, we'll need to make sure that we get a realistic fee for him ... 1-2 million should do it.

I hope that he stays but if Ince comes in for him, I'm sure he'll go.

Give Bradley the opportunity to move to the Premier League AND share a dressing room with his hero and Liverpool legend, Robbie Fowler and he'll be off like a shot.

Shame because Brad's become such a firm favourite and a part of the best defence we've assembled in many a year but he won't be irreplaceable. Of course, we'll need to make sure that we get a realistic fee for him ... 1-2 million should do it.

I hope that he stays but if Ince comes in for him, I'm sure he'll go.

Yep. The lad has come on leaps and bounds. Good defender, likes to get forward and support the attack, but his distribution isn't what it could be. He wasn't voted right-back of the year for nothing, and I am sure the vast majority of us will be sad to see him go if he decides to.

1-2 million? I reckon 750k would probably do it.

Yep. The lad has come on leaps and bounds. Good defender, likes to get forward and support the attack, but his distribution isn't what it could be. He wasn't voted right-back of the year for nothing, and I am sure the vast majority of us will be sad to see him go if he decides to.

1-2 million? I reckon 750k would probably do it.

In reality, I think a fee of around £800k would be good business but with the silly prices English clubs ask for their players these days, I'd hold out for £1m+.

I'd take £1m for Orr. There's no way in hell he's Prem quality. :tomato:

I'd agree but it depends what you want from a full back. If you want an ashley cole style player then bradders is a million miles away, but if you want a good defender in that position who gets forward but isn't expected to produce much then i'd say he'll be alright, he has the ability as a defender he's just poor going forward.

I'd still take a million for him though as Wilson for me is more than adequately equipped to replace bradders if the money is right.

Whatever your thoughts on how good Bradders is, I'd not be too impressed with the new manager if I was a Blackburn fan. It seems like he still thinks he's at MK Dons and 'raiding' the Championship for players to drop down a level - not step up to playing in the Prem?!

Fowler and Orr... not exactly trying to inspire the fans is he?

I'd agree with most of the thoughts. We'd be doing good business if Orr cost Blackburn 800K+

BUT

I'd also rather we kept him as, for all his footballing flaws, he stood up and was counted last season when many (including myself) thought he'd be one of the weak links.

His attitude, application and bravery were one of the highlights of last season.

£1 million in the bank would be nice, but Bradley Orr on the pitch would be better IMHO

I'd agree but it depends what you want from a full back. If you want an ashley cole style player then bradders is a million miles away, but if you want a good defender in that position who gets forward but isn't expected to produce much then i'd say he'll be alright, he has the ability as a defender he's just poor going forward.

It's a different level but if you must compare. Bradley's scored 8 goals in 2 years... In the last 7 seasons Ashely Cole's scored 8 goals.. To say Bradley doesn't produce offensively is utterly inaccurate. However technically he's nowhere near. But that can be improved upon if the player works hard enough. I think Bradley can get and has the desire to get better. And this country doesn't have any good right backs. Seriously it's not ridiculous.

We get 750k for him and it gets bitten off..but then you stop to think..and look around and there's noone in this league certainly i'd rather have as our right back. Whatever we got we'd have to more than pay to get a player of the same calibre.

I don't think Orr will leave...i genuinely think he realises what we as a club and GJ as a manager has done for him. And we love him. He's a redeemed character, a tryer, and improver, an embodyment of what we want in a player and a person.

Whatever your thoughts on how good Bradders is, I'd not be too impressed with the new manager if I was a Blackburn fan. It seems like he still thinks he's at MK Dons and 'raiding' the Championship for players to drop down a level - not step up to playing in the Prem?!

Fowler and Orr... not exactly trying to inspire the fans is he?

Rather like the expectations some people have of Gary. Fans expect the manager to sign players that are big names. Some give in to that others sign what they think are the right players. Unlike most Prem managers Ince will actually have some knowledge of what goes on outside that closed world. Frankly if Wes Brown can play right back for the Champions the standard is not as high as some people think perhaps and perfection is not required. If his fellow pros think Brad is the best in our league that's fine by me. For me Brad epitomises everything that is good about City under Gary. A player that works his socks off to improve and gets better every year. Not that there is any real evidence Ince is interested.

If ince thinks that blackburn can maintain their top half premier position by playing bradley orr as his first choice right back then i don't think he will last very long at blackburn

surely after the signing of crap bag robbie fowler today (who i would have been dissapointed if city signed), the fans must be raising concerns already?

if he went i think we could get a million and then have him back for a couple of 100k a year or two down the line.

Bradley is a legend and has developed into a great championship right back, i wouldnt want him to go, and am a huge fan of his. But i doubt anyone would disagree that he is far from the grade needed for top half prem, and i'd be surprised if he has the potential either

Bradley is a legend and has developed into a great championship right back, i wouldnt want him to go, and am a huge fan of his. But i doubt anyone would disagree that he is far from the grade needed for top half prem, and i'd be surprised if he has the potential either

This time last year many on here said he was not good enough for the Championship. I don't recall seeing any retractions or apologies.

surely after the signing of crap bag robbie fowler today (who i would have been dissapointed if city signed), the fans must be raising concerns already?

off topic but, what? crap bag?

the bloke is easily the most gifted finisher of his generation(not just in this country but most of europe) he has a great attitude to football, he has bags of knowledge that is pricless for young strikers such as matt derbyshire, and at this level he would be quaity,he is unlucky that injuries have hampered his career, no doubt that had his knee not been destroyed he would have scored hatfuls for england.

he is a model pro, who has endured moe abuse than you or i culd take, and he has a brilliant sense of humour. frankly he a brilliant role model, especially when you consider the adulation that that greasy money grabbing scum ronaldo gets.

maybe robbie isnt exactly an exiting signing for a prem team, but he will certainly be a good aquisition as his experience will help incey to nurture young talent.

Orr, I would guess something around £2.5M if going to the Prem. They have so much money anyway. Cracking guy.

No doubt about Orr's popularity amongst the fans and he is no doubt a capable CCC right back but I agree with several others on here when I don't think he has what it takes to hold his own in the PL. Worth nothing like £2.5m.Any club who offered Johnson that kind of money for Bradley would have Johnson driving Orr up the motorway himself.

Orr is prone to making too many mistakes.He gets caught in possesion from time to time and that has lead to City conceding more than once. Do the same in the PL and there is always someone just behind you to nick your place.The squads most Premier League sides have are enormous.

Much as I like the way Orr goes about his job the fact is that he doesn't have much competition for his place at City.

And you would not have put him in the pfa team either would you. I would not suggest he can be an International, but he is more than able to make it in the Prem. That is why so many Prem teams have been watching him... Ask a Prem scout why, you will be surprised to find out how good a right back we have, then you might appreciate him more when they have explained what makes a good right back. I did that once, and it was very enlightening what they look for. Although Cloughie was spot on when he said the first thing you need at the top is a first touch, if you have not got the ball under control, you will lose it, or make it easier to lose. (You will also note, well I hope you do, that one of our main tactics is to keep the ball, if we have the ball, the opposition cannot score...) That was something Carle did well, he never gave the ball away cheap, and it is the area LJ needs to improve on. Of course the creativity of LJ with the ball control and tackling of Carle would have us a £20m player.

Orr, I would guess something around £2.5M if going to the Prem. They have so much money anyway. Cracking guy.

I take it you know him and have some sort of afiliation to stick up for him reading that? I like him as a bloke, the passion displays for this club and appreciate what he's done with us but that shouldn't mean he's immune from criticism.

You're right in saying one of our main tactics is to keep the ball yet there's no doubt Brad's distribution is probably the worst in the team. I can't be bothered to dig up stats but I'd put a lot of money on his pass completion ratio being considerably lower than other team members.

As you say, his touch is poor as well and for all his bravery, desire and fitness if he doesn't have those attributes he'll never make the grade as a Prem full back. He's got a very long way to go before he gets anywhere near that level IMHO.

As I said in another thread, far too many people put too much onus on this PFA award. The league was shite last year in terms of quality and the best right-back in the league fetched £5m from Spurs in January. I dare say he was selected because he scored a few crucial goals, not cos he's been the hardest to play against, but he's been culpable for more goals than he's scored. Huckerby's goal for Norwich immediately springs to mind when he got done like a kipper!

Sadly I don't know any Prem scouts to ask what makes the ideal full back and haven't heard of anyone watching him asides from this Blackburn rumour. He's got time on his side to make the step up but I personally think, despite his cult status amongst some fans who think that makes him immune to criticism, that he's vastly overrated. I'd bite anyone's hand off if someone offered £1m for him but that's just my opinion.

I take it you know him and have some sort of afiliation to stick up for him reading that? I like him as a bloke, the passion displays for this club and appreciate what he's done with us but that shouldn't mean he's immune from criticism.

You're right in saying one of our main tactics is to keep the ball yet there's no doubt Brad's distribution is probably the worst in the team. I can't be bothered to dig up stats but I'd put a lot of money on his pass completion ratio being considerably lower than other team members.

As you say, his touch is poor as well and for all his bravery, desire and fitness if he doesn't have those attributes he'll never make the grade as a Prem full back. He's got a very long way to go before he gets anywhere near that level IMHO.

As I said in another thread, far too many people put too much onus on this PFA award. The league was shite last year in terms of quality and the best right-back in the league fetched £5m from Spurs in January. I dare say he was selected because he scored a few crucial goals, not cos he's been the hardest to play against, but he's been culpable for more goals than he's scored. Huckerby's goal for Norwich immediately springs to mind when he got done like a kipper!

Sadly I don't know any Prem scouts to ask what makes the ideal full back and haven't heard of anyone watching him asides from this Blackburn rumour. He's got time on his side to make the step up but I personally think, despite his cult status amongst some fans who think that makes him immune to criticism, that he's vastly overrated. I'd bite anyone's hand off if someone offered £1m for him but that's just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more. He's a very likeable bloke and has great commitment. However, he is too inconsistent. Some games he's very impressive, but when he's bad he's awful. Huckerby beat him far too easily as you said and at the Ipswich debacle he was at fault for at least two goals. I even remember Aaron Brown's impressive return season before last (?) when Brad made him look good. His distribution just wouldn't do at Prem level, I've no doubt about that.

Having said that, for a club which has always had inferior right backs, he's still the best I've seen.

I actually think he has one of best first touches in the team. You watch how well he brings the ball down out of the air with one touch.

The initial bid was what.........£300k ???

Graham Taylor said to me back in 1998.for £2m you don't get a player who can kick with both feet.

£300k won't buy you a sub standard ball boy today.........as they say in the USA.go figure !

Archived