IGNORED

What's The Score?

CiderJar

Guest churchill gaffer
So based on the 1st friendly of the season you can forsee we will be relegation fodder by christmas. Are you sure you support the City??

Are you real!

Well Jimmy if your for real you are the sort of fan we can really do with out. With such an excellent comment with regards watching the team you can really have now idea. pre season is not about wining or losing its all about getting fit. Making progress towards August the 9th. allowing players to impress the manager and then showing your ability as a team.

I don't understand why we always start pre-season with a toughish game.

Early pre-season is all about fitness so why not just start with a really low local non league side like we did with Long Ashton a few years back, we won something like 13-2 but it was brilliant PR for the club and we didn't get run ragged.

IMO, we should start with someone really low and then gradually play stronger opposition until we reach the last pre-season game when we should be playing top/middle Premier League/foreign opposition.

I am afraid the 'our season didn't finish until late' doesn't rub with me, pre-season can be planned at Christmas time, then if you have clashes (teams within your division, you change then) not in JULY.

Just seems that EVERYTHING at BCFC takes more time to sort out than it normally should.

BCAGFC

I don't understand why we always start pre-season with a toughish game.

Early pre-season is all about fitness so why not just start with a really low local non league side like we did with Long Ashton a few years back, we won something like 13-2 but it was brilliant PR for the club and we weren't didn't get run ragged.

IMO, we should start with someone really low and then gradually play stronger opposition until we reach the last pre-season game when we should be playing top/middle Premier League/foreign opposition.

I am afraid the 'our season didn't finish until late' doesn't rub with me, pre-season can be planned at Christmas time, then if you have clashes (teams within your division, you change then) not in JULY.

Just seems that EVERYTHING at BCFC takes more time to sort out than it normally should.

BCAGFC

surely being 'run ragged' is by far a better work out for the players rather then playing in a game where they win 13-2?

Second half line up: Chris Weale Christian Ribeiro Jamie McCombe Liam Fontaine Michael McIndoe (at right back!!) Tristan Plummer Kevin Betsy Frankie Artus Barnes Steve Brooker Lee Trundle
Why so many changes!? Johnson has lost the plot, clearly doesnt know his best XI. Mcindoe at right back!? Like if he were in the shallow end of a swimming pool, Johnson is clearly out of his depth.

Why so many changes!? Johnson has lost the plot, clearly doesnt know his best XI. Mcindoe at right back!? Like if he were in the shallow end of a swimming pool, Johnson is clearly out of his depth.

Ah, your having a laugh, sorry, I thought you were serious for a minute there! :innocent06:

MM

surely being 'run ragged' is by far a better work out for the players rather then playing in a game where they win 13-2?

Being run ragged in the 1st pre-season game is when you are MOST likely to pick up an injury rather than a quite stroll in the park.

BCAGFC

I've just seen the highlights of this game on Setanta Sports News - there was a real buzz around the ground becuase of Michael Barnes, apparently he was once touted to be the new Ronaldo, but he asked Fergie for a move as he was fed up cleaning dirty boots for the likes of Ferdy, Giggs etc.

As for the game, Chris Wheale played the last 10 mins upfront and looked very deadly, almost scoring with a 40 yard overhead kick, which bounced back off of the cross bar. GJ looked very pleased and mentioned in the post match interview that Wheale might be the answer to our goal problems this season.

Archived