IGNORED

What Are You Currently Listening To?

grebes

Rosalita (come out tonight)

The Boss

When these half wit long haired spotty yoofs get within gobbing distance of Ghost of Tom Joad (not his best) I may give them some time on the Dansette.

As a fellow old git Bruce fan, he can deffo still do it live as the Emirates gig proved. Not too sure about the last album though. IMO the best "Springsteen" record at the moment is the current Hold Steady album "Stay Positive". Check out "Sequestered In Memphis", then go buy tickets for their Bristol gig coming up.

Excellent choice, sir. What a fine album that is. If he'd only stayed off the drugs a bit, who knows what the Floyd could have become ?

I'm one of those people who only likes pink floyds early stuff with syd in, anything after does tend to bore me a little.

Listening to that album does show you what a great songwriter he was, even though that record was very poorly recorded and produced, (probably due to syd) the songs are great, and every side to syd was in there, happy, sad, jealous, crazy.

The one thing that pisses me off is the fact hardly anyone aknowledges his input to pink floyd, and how i'm not sure there would be a pink floyd in the first place, without his songs.

Now listening to- CAN - TAGO MAGO

I'm one of those people who only likes pink floyds early stuff with syd in, anything after does tend to bore me a little.

Listening to that album does show you what a great songwriter he was, even though that record was very poorly recorded and produced, (probably due to syd) the songs are great, and every side to syd was in there, happy, sad, jealous, crazy.

The one thing that pisses me off is the fact hardly anyone aknowledges his input to pink floyd, and how i'm not sure there would be a pink floyd in the first place, without his songs.

Now listening to- CAN - TAGO MAGO

I really love the early stuff but I also love everything they did up until Wish You Were Here. Animals is OK but The Wall really gets on my tits. The less said about the Gilmour-led version the better.

I think the "lo-fi" nature of Madcap is part of what makes it special tbh. And anyone with more than a passing interest in music DOES acknowledge his role in the Floyd, surely ?

Never got round to Can. They're on the list, but the trouble is, its a long, long list and getting bigger every week ...

Listening to Sufjan Stevens "The Avalanche" today.

The iPod shuffle just threw up a pretty decent tear-jerking 4-in-a row:

Blur: No distance left to run - the most heartbreaking break-up song I've ever heard.

Minnie Ripperton: Lovin' You - dedicate this to your bird or bloke, and see what happens :wub:

Stanley Winston: No more ghettos in America - so soulful, so sad, yet so optimistic: in the words of John Peel "you think your jaw's going to lock"

The Specials: Guns of Naverone: OK not a tear jerker, but made me feel a little bit sad that I aint 15 any more.

Archived