IGNORED

So Whats The Correct Way Of Saying....

Tim S

So far I have heard about 3 different people say his name in different ways. Does anyone actually know the correct way of saying his name?

I think his first name is pretty much as its spelt....(phonetically)

E MAD

But the sirname? I have heard....

MOAT EEB

MEAT EB

MET EB

ME TEB

Anyone know the OFFICIAL correct way? (Id love to hear David Pleat try and say his name! He struggles to get David Beckhams name right sometimes so anyone else is funny!)

Dunno the correct way, but presumably fans will refer to him as;

1. Eee Mad,

2. Mehh Tebb

3. That new guy.

Or the older fans will say....

"That Egyption bloke"

I had to laugh when Adebola signed, a couple of old boys sat in front of me couldnt say his name so they kept reffering him to "The big black guy up front"

Just to throw a spanner in the works, apparently his full name is:

Emad Mohamed Abdelnabi Ibrahim

I think this is why he should wear 'Emad' on the back of his shirt.

amr_ahly, can you confirm this?

Is anyone clear on how it's spelt, because i've heard:

Meteb

Moteab

Metab

Thanks?

:closedeyes:

All of those spellings are alternative phonetic transliterations of his name in Arabic. Unfortunately for clarity's sake, only the letters 'M', 't' and 'b' have equivalents in the English alphabet, so the vowel sounds are written differently by different sources!

Just a thought. Being Egyptian, Emad is probably a Muslim. As a Christian I've no problem with that, but as a City fan I have concerns. Will Emad play if a game takes place on a Friday? If he fasts during Ramadan, would that affect his match fitness?

Just a thought. Being Egyptian, Emad is probably a Muslim. As a Christian I've no problem with that, but as a City fan I have concerns. Will Emad play if a game takes place on a Friday? If he fasts during Ramadan, would that affect his match fitness?

Will The Williams Kiosk start selling Halal Pies?

I'm guessing that he takes it about seriously as all the Israeli players who've turned out on Saturday for years - or it'll be like Basso's attitude to playing on a Sunday.

So far I have heard about 3 different people say his name in different ways. Does anyone actually know the correct way of saying his name?

I think his first name is pretty much as its spelt....(phonetically)

E MAD

But the sirname? I have heard....

MOAT EEB

MEAT EB

MET EB

ME TEB

Anyone know the OFFICIAL correct way? (Id love to hear David Pleat try and say his name! He struggles to get David Beckhams name right sometimes so anyone else is funny!)

Well, for a start there are no Es, Bs, or Ms in Egyptian and the letter A is replaced by the symbols ^$*. Add that to the fact that they read from right to left, then it should be pronounced

&&^3o33?333*$^t'wahwah' D*A.

I hope this is of some help. Yours sincerely, D Pleat.

Archived