IGNORED

Who Next?

21. Marcham

After our first two signings of the summer, who i feel bring bags of prospect for the club.

They also show our ambitions to achieve our potential of Premier League football.

But my question is, who will be next?, Do we need another signing?, Which position?, Anyone in mind?

After our first two signings of the summer, who i feel bring bags of prospect for the club.

They also show our ambitions to achieve our potential of Premier League football.

But my question is, who will be next?, Do we need another signing?, Which position?, Anyone in mind?

Cant see another striker coming in....though would love Maynard.

Another couple of International unknowns unearthed by GJand PJ and we'll be laughing.... :dancing6:

Cant see another striker coming in....though would love Maynard.

Another couple of International unknowns unearthed by GJand PJ and we'll be laughing.... :dancing6:

Agreed.

But what i really want to know now is, who did he go to the euro's to look at? Or was it just a distraction for other clubs hiding the Emad transfer.

Another striker - Maynard or Tyson would be lovely.

A central midfielder to replace Carle and push LJ hard for that spot in the side - would have liked Jones but he's gone now.

A left sided player comfortable defending or attacking - Lewington from MK Dons would be nice I reckon.

Wish list?

Not all of but some of...

Nicky Mayanrd (obviously)

Darren Ambrose

Lee Martin (loan)

Neil Danns

Can't think of anymore right now.

Lee Martin wouldn't be a bad shout, is he a left sided winger or right? I'm not quite sure.

Neil Danns has only just signed for Palace in January 2008 so i doubt he'd be available.

Ambrose would be a great replacement for 'that' traitor. Attacking playmaker that would surely add goals to our team.

Maybe we could try an 11th hour bid for Chris Eagles, or has he already been signed by Burnley?

A central midfielder to replace Carle and push LJ hard for that spot in the side - would have liked Jones but he's gone now.

Williams??

A central defender, left back, right winger and centre forward would be perfect but we're not going to get all of them.

Top two wishes would be another striker and a central defender.

Another striker who is very quick, i think thats the only 'club' gary is missing from the full set striker-wise

young left back who can compete with mccallister and be cover, but happy to wait for his chance

would love to see maynard, but i still think it will tyson. Gary seems a keen admirer and we have actually bid for him, so if forest wont let him go now for a fee, i think we will def see him at xmas for smaller fee, or end of year for free.

if we do have to wait to get him then id like to see a young pacey striker come in on loan this season, while gary waits for his main man tyson.

Ideal

Maynard & young prem reject left back

Probable

Tyson & young prem reject left back

P.S I thought it was agrred the player at the euros gary looked at was marius niculae?

Still think we need a left back to push jamie for his place, sproule set up jmw for his goal tonight so hopefully he can come good this season with williams and scotty breathing down his neck! Quick cf is needed though no point mcindoe and sproule breaking if no-one in the box, lita would be nice but can see it being maynard or more likely tyson

In my opinion we will definately sign another striker. Tyson within a fortnight sounds about right to me. I would also expect another midfielder to come in, however not necessarily a central one and I would be somewhat surprised if the person who does arrive fits the bill of 'Carle replacement.' This is largely due to my belief that our midfield two are set in stone - Elliot and Johnson, with Williams able to play centrally he will provide the cover in a shuffled midfield if circumstances require. The left side will only be addressed if the right deal comes up, I doubt we are actively seeking that position, the loan market can come into its own here.

They're doing a good job of keeping the other spinning plates under wraps at the mo - so difficult one. Our Forest mate seems to think NT will stay where he is - which would be a pity, as I would like to see him in our red shirt not theirs.

IMO, GJ has now got his two relative 'unknowns' - to us at least - so its time to bring in the 'name' player. Lets face it, we have probably only invested a net £800k or so to date (after proceeds of NC disposal) - should leave us another couple of £M to spend yet. We should have have enough quality in our academy lads to provide the cover / squad depth, so lets go for another player (or two) who improve the first XI.

Nicky Maynard - would be nice or if we can't really afford to splash out another £2m following the signing of Meteb, I quite like the idea of Krisztian Nemeth - a young striker who is probably available on a season long loan deal from Liverpool, and is someone I'm fairly certain would smash them in left, right and centre in the Championship.

I agree a part from left back we have cover in the youngsters,if we have another two million another striker would be great this has been are main problem in the last couple of seasons preferably with pace,for a cheap signing if we can not get anyone else may be Lisbie at Colchester scored where ever he has played

Why? Have you seen him play?

Highlights from the Liverpool reserve league matches:

http://www.chatfootballforum.com/videos/49...ian-nemeth.html

Liverpool fan's views of him:

http://aliverpoolthing.blogspot.com/2008/0...ian-nemeth.html

But no, I haven't personally seen him play. Friends who's opinions in football are seldom wrong have seen him play several times and rate him very highly which is enough for me.

I hear Leeds are sniffing around him too so clearly I'm not the only one who rates him. :)

Nicky Maynard

Fran Merida (season long loan from Arsenal reserves)

A right winger (not Neil Danns)

Matty Hill

Get those in and we really are laughing.

Matty Hill would add cover at centre half, which is desparately needed now that Vasko's gone home and Keogh's set to leave, as well as being first choice left back.

Lee Martin wouldn't be a bad shout, is he a left sided winger or right? I'm not quite sure.

Neil Danns has only just signed for Palace in January 2008 so i doubt he'd be available.

Ambrose would be a great replacement for 'that' traitor. Attacking playmaker that would surely add goals to our team.

Maybe we could try an 11th hour bid for Chris Eagles, or has he already been signed by Burnley?

What like Nick Carle :whistle2:

Another striker - Maynard or Tyson would be lovely.

A left sided player comfortable defending or attacking - Lewington from MK Dons would be nice I reckon.

Ross Wallace? Rejected a transfer to PNE but we know how persuasive GJ can be.

I think we need -

A striker - Ideally Maynard but I think we need to utilise the loan market so maybe ched evans on loan.

A center-half - I like Cardiff's Roger Johnson but he's not avaliable so pass - but we need one

A creative midfielder - Vladamir Weiss the man city youngster caused problems when we played them in the youth cup

Nacer Barazite from arsenal he is 17 or 18 but from what i have seen in reserve and youth matches he is very talented and their top scorer last season! Arsene was supposedly bringing him into the 1st team this year, but i think we may be able to get him on loan if not for a whole season then till january at least!

I think we need :-

Left Back Joe Mattock (am i dreaming?) or Ross Wallace (rumuored interest)

Quick forward Maynard would be brilliant

and maybe a right winger, don't rate betsy, Murray may not be the player he once was and that leaves only Sproule

Archived