IGNORED

Who Next?

21. Marcham

I think we need :-

Left Back Joe Mattock (am i dreaming?) or Ross Wallace (rumuored interest)

Quick forward Maynard would be brilliant

and maybe a right winger, don't rate betsy, Murray may not be the player he once was and that leaves only Sproule

Wrong shape ball Riaz! Mattcok plays rugby for B**h. Wallace would be a good capture if we go for him.

Truely I think we should better utilise the loan system. OK admittidley some loans just don't work but if we look at Campbell at Hull last year then loans can prove friutful to the clubs involved.

Trouble is, and i do wonder, are City now a club with a similar reputation as say Sheff Utd, Wolves etc. If thats the case then the established names are unlikley to join us and go to the "bigger" clubs. I may be wrong but thats just what I see.

Very happy to see Meteb finally join, hope that we have uncovered a real gem here.

No names of course but Gary says in a BBC interview that some club have priced players out of the market (presumably Maynard given that Crewe have now gone up to £2.5m?) but that he suspects there will be at least one more new signing before the season. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7511359.stm
I think the comments you mention are actually from Sexstone rather than Johnson. At least thats how I read the article.

No names of course but Gary says in a BBC interview that some club have priced players out of the market (presumably Maynard given that Crewe have now gone up to £2.5m?) but that he suspects there will be at least one more new signing before the season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7511359.stm

Crewe are stating that someone has come close to their valuation (news now website) and still only has us and Ipswich as interested. SC has stated on the bbc website the following

Sexstone added: "There are a number of discussions going on and players being watched, so I think there's a chance.

"The players have got to be at the right fee, and for sale."

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see another defender come in at some point. When you look at who we've got in defence (Orr, Carey, McCombe, Fontaine and McAllister), we basically have very little cover.

When you think we've lost Vasko from defence so far this summer and Keogh is also likely to go, and not brought anyone in, you realise how much we need another defender. Especially with the number of suspensions we're likely to pick up along the way next season.

We do have three youngsters coming through in Wilson, Walker and Ribiero, but it's whether GJ will place his trust in any of these.

I wouldn't be at all surprised - as has happened in the last two years with TV and JMcC - to see someone come in at the very last minute, completely out of the blue and surprise us all.

I'd say the following areas, and some possible names to go with:

A Centre back, some of ours are still quite young. Albrechtsen was released from WBA recently but he went to Derby. He would have surely fir the bill. He isn't available though. Bocenegra maybe?

A left back. Queudrue immediately springs to mind as a target PL experience etc. Get him.

A creative midfielder. We did sell Carle after all. No names spring to mind.Rochemback would have been great he was available on a free at the start of the summer but he is now at Sporting Lisbon.

A striker-Maynard would be very ideal.

I'd say the following areas, and some possible names to go with:

A Centre back, some of ours are still quite young. Albrechtsen was released from WBA recently but he went to Derby. He would have surely fir the bill. He isn't available though. Bocenegra maybe?

A left back. Queudrue immediately springs to mind as a target PL experience etc. Get him.

A creative midfielder. We did sell Carle after all. No names spring to mind.Rochemback would have been great he was available on a free at the start of the summer but he is now at Sporting Lisbon.

A striker-Maynard would be very ideal.

You're thinking is along a similar lines to me.

I think we will be weak in defence this season if we don't strengthen. Just because it was good last season doesn't mean it will be good this season. Can't see Queudrue being interested though.

Maynard would be no.1 target for striker obviously. If Williams can play on the right then I agree with the central creative midfielder as I'm not a big LJ fan.

You're thinking is along a similar lines to me.

I think we will be weak in defence this season if we don't strengthen. Just because it was good last season doesn't mean it will be good this season. Can't see Queudrue being interested though.

Maynard would be no.1 target for striker obviously. If Williams can play on the right then I agree with the central creative midfielder as I'm not a big LJ fan.

On his day LJ is one of the most creative players in the CCC. But rarely is he actually on form.

Somebody mentioned Darren Ambrose in a previous post, i feel he would bring great strength and goals to our game.

Anyone know what sort of wage he is on?

On his day LJ is one of the most creative players in the CCC. But rarely is he actually on form.

Somebody mentioned Darren Ambrose in a previous post, i feel he would bring great strength and goals to our game.

Anyone know what sort of wage he is on?

I haven't seen any evidence on this yet.

If Ambrose can capture the form he had earlier on in his career he would be a good signing.

I have to say sometimes I find this forum depressing. So many of our players are apparently crap (Orr, McCombe, McAllister, Johnson and others have all been getting some stick on here lately) I assume I must have last year's league table upside down. But of course it was all a fluke anyway. God knows what will happen to Emad if he takes time to settle. I have no doubt Gary will strengthen the squad further but fortunately he won't throw the baby out with the bath water. :disapointed2se:

I haven't seen any evidence on this yet.

If Ambrose can capture the form he had earlier on in his career he would be a good signing.

Well maybe i over excadurated(sp?) abit on the LJ case. But he creates loads of goals for us and we miss him on the dead ball situations when he's not playing.

Ambrose is a fantastic passer of the ball so would gel into our team quite nicely i feel. :clapping:

Archived