IGNORED

Anyone Pisshed Off With Some Of The Horrible

Redminster

there is a real problem with some elemnts of youth in society and some good points raised here - particularly about the divide of young and old.

the problems start long before they roam the streets at 13-18 and by then they have learned behaviour which is perfectly reasonable to them. They see no problem with offensive and abusive behaviour because they don't consier the impact on others.

if they were integrated into society, shown workplaces and given aspirations, they would improve.

And i know this is not the current debate but i would like to point out that the huge majority of kids 'today' are actually not like this.

I am glad that this has been mentiond, the worry I have is that people tarnish all 13-18 year olds with the same brush as these spanners.

I am glad that this has been mentiond, the worry I have is that people tarnish all 13-18 year olds with the same brush as these spanners.

You're right as to generalise the problems within this age group is incorrect .

There are some great youngsters out there and you and I know many in our networks either socially or through work .

Sadly though it seems more and more of the ' bad eggs ' are influencing the well reared ' free range uns '.

Government quango's and agencies are full of the soft approach and gloss over the real issues and subsequent costs to us all in both long term money value in not dealing early on with the problems and the continual breakdown and lack of community spirit or belonging .

Previously we all played our active parts in society and felt a part of it , but sadly now the government is not providing a safe society for us to play our part leaving society more and more fragmented and unaccepting of it .

Police , parents , agencies , schools , technological revolution.......et al

Everyone blames each other for the demise of whats around us today , but whats it going to be like tomorrow when you see how quick we are going downhill .

The problem lies with Blair's administration that encouraged all this PC b***ocks to spiral out of control and being bent over and f*cked by America and it's culture.

The underclass was a problem long before Blair came to power. The early 90s was the rise of the underclass I don't like the word chav.

What caused this. Tory policy from the 80s which distroyed the farbic of society, Mrs Thatcher once said there was no such thing has society.

Also the sale of council houses may have unwittenly led us to this sitution. I grew up on a council estaste but my Father is a skilled trademans (plummber) I consider myself working class, in the 80s my parents brought thier council house under the right to buy for a knock down price and then a few years later sold their house and moved up the proberty ladder.

This story is simialr to millions of others up and down the country but what happend to the unskilled worling class and the unemployed some how they got left behind. These estaste in the past had hard working decent working class people, nowit is filled with the vacume of the underclass and they seem unable to look at the word beyond their estaste.

Of course there are many many many more complex reasons. At the momment we are in some tough economic times and I 'm sure unemployment will rise but for the last 10-15 years its been a boom time(in Bristol) anybody who wanted a job could have worked but yet there was still people on benifits why? The liberal middle class left have been to soft on these people and thats where I agree with you a little, instead of sending these scum to prison they sent them on safria to Africa but this was happenig not when Blair was PM but its was under John Major Preimership!

Its the liberals in the social services, Police ,the courts ,the House of Lords who ignore the will of the people and goverment who want a harder line against these people.

PS

What we need is a concenus across the political divide of like minded to people to deal with this huge problem. This is the biggest problem this country face, I have thought this for a long time now. We are concerned about bring peace to the wars in the middle east and the threat of an attack in this country, but what about bringing peace to the streets of Britain, you are more likely to be stab than blown up by a bomb!

The underclass was a problem long before Blair came to power. The early 90s was the rise of the underclass I don't like the word chav.

What caused this. Tory policy from the 80s which distroyed the farbic of society, Mrs Thatcher once said there was no such thing has society.

Also the sale of council houses may have unwittenly led us to this sitution. I grew up on a council estaste but my Father is a skilled trademans (plummber) I consider myself working class, in the 80s my parents brought thier council house under the right to buy for a knock down price and then a few years later sold their house and moved up the proberty ladder.

This story is simialr to millions of others up and down the country but what happend to the unskilled worling class and the unemployed some how they got left behind. These estaste in the past had hard working decent working class people, nowit is filled with the vacume of the underclass and they seem unable to look at the word beyond their estaste.

Of course there are many many many more complex reasons. At the momment we are in some tough economic times and I 'm sure unemployment will rise but for the last 10-15 years its been a boom time(in Bristol) anybody who wanted a job could have worked but yet there was still people on benifits why? The liberal middle class left have been to soft on these people and thats where I agree with you a little, instead of sending these scum to prison they sent them on safria to Africa but this was happenig not when Blair was PM but its was under John Major Preimership!

Its the liberals in the social services, Police ,the courts ,the House of Lords who ignore the will of the people and goverment who want a harder line against these people.

PS

What we need is a concenus across the political divide of like minded to people to deal with this huge problem. This is the biggest problem this country face, I have thought this for a long time now. We are concerned about bring peace to the wars in the middle east and the threat of an attack in this country, but what about bringing peace to the streets of Britain, you are more likely to be stab than blown up by a bomb!

We all debate these and other issues everyday at work and play that are affecting our society . What I can never understand is that 95 % of opinions have give or take the same views on many of this and other social issues in this country .

Why then are our views filtering through to the ' powers that be ' whether they are elected or in some cases not .

Do these politicians , councillors , community leaders live in bubbles that you and I never see and are oblivious to the breakdown of our communities .

The pacifists that provide weak solutions to the blight and misery that has grown on our streets over the last 10 - 15 years are adding to the problem by refusing to deal with the issues .

Was it Ray Malon ? the police chief in Middlesboro 10 or so years ago who stood up against his peers and bosses and started to make a difference on the streets of his patch by operating a zero tollerance procedure .

It got results from memory and bought on board communities who for years had been terrorised by few on the streets .

Sadly we are ten years or so on and the problem seems to have doubled .

More and more everyday people like you and me will be drawn into the suffering that a growing minority now put on our areas we bring our families up .

More and more money is spent on rules , laws and enforcement signs dotted around our towns and cities that are never enforced .

Of course then there are the civil rights brigade and activists who believe ' big brother is watching them and them only '.

I understand some of the argument of course and technology is moving us along a fast road but at the end of the day anything that protects me , my family , my possessions that I work bloody hard for , my community and country we live in is worth me being on 400 cctv camera images a day . I ' ve done nothing wrong , if they want my photo I ' ll even sign it for them ( christ no , they ' ll forge a card and have my signature ...I take that back ) .

Archived