IGNORED

Pictures Of Ashton Gate

bcfcshorey

Hi as the new stadium is starting to come to the starting blocks I've decided to collate all photos of ashton gate.

I'm looking for old pictures of the dolman stand without the lower section, old pics of the eastend, and the old open end.

Any other photos will be nice aswell.

Thanks.

Hi as the new stadium is starting to come to the starting blocks I've decided to collate all photos of ashton gate.

I'm looking for old pictures of the dolman stand without the lower section, old pics of the eastend, and the old open end.

Any other photos will be nice aswell.

Thanks.

Try to get hold of "ASHTON GATE One Hundred Years in Pictures", published by the club in 2004.

Cheers

Tommy

Cheers for pics, I must say, i didn't know AG got pwned by the luftwaffe. WTF did Hitler and they *unacceptable word*'s have against our Football club ffs?

Did we ever get an apology or compensation? didn't think so <_< Meh, I suppose we still got Dresden pretty good

February 1941 half the only stand was destroyed. The following night another bomb hit the ground and destroyed the other half. After the war, City received 120% of the 1939 valuation of the stand. Needless to say, it's replacement (the present day Williams Stand) cost more than that to build in 1953. To make matters worse, steel shortages meant only the centre section could be built and the Supporters Club gave the club £3,000 towards the costs in exchange for a club room in the stand.

February 1941 half the only stand was destroyed. The following night another bomb hit the ground and destroyed the other half. After the war, City received 120% of the 1939 valuation of the stand. Needless to say, it's replacement (the present day Williams Stand) cost more than that to build in 1953. To make matters worse, steel shortages meant only the centre section could be built and the Supporters Club gave the club £3,000 towards the costs in exchange for a club room in the stand.

Well i never!

Thanks for that, 22A

haha, steel shortage yes, so many places in Bristol with little metal stubs sticking out the top of walls where they've been hacked off to make Spittys, makes you proud to be British.

What have the current incumbents got to do with something that happened over 50 years ago?

Loyalty maybe? Instead of turfing people out to look after people with lots and lots of money, who if we were in the 4th division wouldnt care about city, city should care about the loyal average joe, but its modern football for you.

Archived