IGNORED

Moving On From 'should He Have Played'... How Did He Play?

Deckard79

Here's hoping he'll rediscover his magical killer-finishing with City.... we don't need someone else capable of holding the ball up well whilst lacking a final product... but you're right, we can't judge based on this. Need to give him a few months to get used to our style of play in the Championship.

I only watched about 30 minutes but from looking at the clips of Emad it seems to me he wants crosses and balls through to get onto and there wasn't much of that in evidence in what I saw. The game seemed to be played at quite a slow pace on a massive pitch with deep defending.

I only watched about 30 minutes but from looking at the clips of Emad it seems to me he wants crosses and balls through to get onto and there wasn't much of that in evidence in what I saw. The game seemed to be played at quite a slow pace on a massive pitch with deep defending.

I think it will take him a while to get used to the style of english football, the pace being one thing.

but at the end of it any striker is going to rely on good service from MF and the flanks, I hope we don't rest all the responsibility on his shoulders.

We'll need more quality from midfield than we had last year for him to be successful. He didn't look capable of creating his own chances which isn't necessarily a problem..except when your team don't create for you either.

We'll need more quality from midfield than we had last year for him to be successful. He didn't look capable of creating his own chances which isn't necessarily a problem..except when your team don't create for you either.

I think we created quite a lot from the midfield last season. It was the quality up front that was missing. We created enough good chances at Wembley to have won comfortably, but, we had no one good enough to put the ball away. Dele had a golden chance in the first few minutes.

Whether or not Emad is going to be able to fill this gap remains to be seen but all the right noises are being made. Hopefully we can get his registration sorted asap and get him involved with the squad.

PDG

I think we created quite a lot from the midfield last season. It was the quality up front that was missing. We created enough good chances at Wembley to have won comfortably, but, we had no one good enough to put the ball away.

Agree with that, the number of times we had balls flash across the box when the strikers were out wide or deep was quite frustrating. A proper goal poacher lurking would have enjoyed that I think. It does make the approach play a bit more difficult though.

Emad will become the focal point of the team in time, he'll be a slow burner and we probably wont see the best of him until late this year, hopefully sooner!

I understand Emad likes to roam for space to drop into, if we have our wingers and central midfield looking for his movement while in possession we can be sure of goal mouth quality, but our passing front the wide areas needs improvement, especially from the right imo. with Scotty in his twilight years and Sproule not showing enough consistent quality its important we either change formation or bring in cover, because Sproule has no real competition, neither does McIndoe, lets hope JMW has made suitable improvement to warrant first team action this season.

Also, if Elliot or Johnson Jnr get a long term injury can we rely on Skuse, Nobes and Williams to help run the engine room? with the greatest amount of respect because i love them, i doubt it. Again, we need a superstar to challenge Marv and Johnson.

what about defence while we're at it, do we need to replace Vasco, has McAli the pace still?

Oh crumbs, you can over worry the situation i think!!

Reassuringly i think we're going to see the likes of JMW, Ribero, Plumber, Artus etc..., these guys deserve their chance from what ive been told and will get it.

Archived