IGNORED

Wdp (merged)

icamanicity

Would be a quality signing but could this just be a reporter picking up on the fact Adebola played with him and are putting 2 and 2 together?

Why would we need 5 strikers? Plenty of other holes to fill, cover at full back being the obvious one
Do you think 4 is enough considering at any given time one of them could be out injured or suspended?

Why would we need 5 strikers? Plenty of other holes to fill, cover at full back being the obvious one

Meteb will be out at some point on International duty as World Cup qualifiers are coming up. So we need good cover in this area, but I agree, we also need another defender, but I think GJ knows this more than anyone.

But I agree Misfud would be excellent. I was very impressed with him when he played against us.

MM

Meteb will be out at some point on International duty as World Cup qualifiers are coming up. So we need good cover in this area, but I agree, we also need another defender, but I think GJ knows this more than anyone.

But I agree Misfud would be excellent. I was very impressed with him when he played against us.

MM

Just out of interest, I thought we had International breaks in the CCC when WCQ were being played (although don't know if Africa will tie-in with this)

Just out of interest, I thought we had International breaks in the CCC when WCQ were being played (although don't know if Africa will tie-in with this)

I think this only covers European Nation games. I may be wrong, but I will check to make sure.

MM

I've mentioned Misfud a few times, i really think he would be a superb addition to our team.

He strikes me as exactly the right type of player for GJ to get hold of and turn into a world beater. This guy obviously has a great deal of talent, witness ManUre and Blackburn away for Coventry, and with Coventry no signing the similar eastwood, perhaps we can get him at less than £1m.

Would be the perfect signing in my opinion.

Seems we have abandoned Tyson and Maynard and are now starting again (and again if the Meteb deal is off). I would think Coventry could do with recouping the money they spent on Eastwood, given they are still allegedly losing £80k a week. They've also got Leon Best of course so if they sign Morrison Mifsud may be surplus. Can't see him fitting in at Palace as Warnock wants to play one up front, and Mifsud doesn't want to play wide.

On a general note why are we (and other clubs) always said to be "considering a bid", "making enquiries", "monitoring the situation" etc.? Doesn't anybody just come straight out and make an offer?

Seems we have abandoned Tyson and Maynard and are now starting again (and again if the Meteb deal is off). I would think Coventry could do with recouping the money they spent on Eastwood, given they are still allegedly losing £80k a week. They've also got Leon Best of course so if they sign Morrison Mifsud may be surplus. Can't see him fitting in at Palace as Warnock wants to play one up front, and Mifsud doesn't want to play wide.

On a general note why are we (and other clubs) always said to be "considering a bid", "making enquiries", "monitoring the situation" etc.? Doesn't anybody just come straight out and make an offer?

I assume this is because the journalist in question doesn't know!! I would have thought if we're serious, we would've thrown in a cheeky bid. Much like buying a house i'd imagine....!!

Would sign him in a heartbeat, would be a class addition to the squad.

Don't see the problem with having 5 strikers with Brooks injury problems and Meteb needing time to settle I think it would be wise. Agree we need cover in other areas too, but up front was our biggest problem last season so nice to see it being addressed.

Shame that we are looking elsewhere where Maynard is concerned, but if GJ doesn't see the deal as value for money then move on.

Hope this will shut a few people up now regarding GJ having no plan B!

GJ was interested in signing Misfud before he went to Coventry so this would make sense.

I'm concerned about the Meteb deal, by not coming out and saying anything GJ leads me to believe that he played Sunday without BCFC's permission.

The bloke who (used to now I'm in the EE) sits in front of me, the 'Beast 23', once claimed Mifsud was his cousin.

When he was playing in Scandinavia a few years ago, the 'Beast' tried in vain to get PJ and GJ to take him on trial for his goalscoring attributes as he was desparate to play in England but he was rejected for by us for being too small apparently.

Most likely to be the 'Beast' giving it the lobster but he seemed pretty adamant about it.

RedMat and Hobbsy66 will know what I'm on about! :D

I'm concerned about the Meteb deal, by not coming out and saying anything GJ leads me to believe that he played Sunday without BCFC's permission.

Agreed, surely if we had granted permission, and it was quite clear where we stood on that, then the official site would have said so either before the match or immediately thereafter. The silence on this matter means one thing, we didn't and are miffed to put it mildly.

He's not at all the same type of striker as Maynard or Tyson..more a replacement for Meteb...

That possibility concerns me.

He's not the same type of player as tyson or Maynard who both have ability with their backs to goal. If we play 4-4-1-1 this'd make sense. But then having 5 strikers on the books for that system wouldn't.

You can't IMO play either Mifsud or Meteb together or on their own

Wasnt the Adebola-Mifsud partnership voted the best combo in the Championship a year or two back?

Certainly remember some acknowledgement from fotoy fans online, somewhere...!

Certainly works well. You've got two strikers who can both get wide and also get in the box.

I'd actually be more excited about Mifsud than Meteb

Agreed, surely if we had granted permission, and it was quite clear where we stood on that, then the official site would have said so either before the match or immediately thereafter. The silence on this matter means one thing, we didn't and are miffed to put it mildly.

you're right - the silence from AG is deafening on this one !

Wouldn't suprise me if Gary is now looking at other options up front - if in fact Emad has already crossed Gary.

One possibility though given the reported history of Egyptian clubs behaving "unprofessionally" (as stated by AlAhly fans on OTIB)

is that Al-Ahly wanted him to play and simply told Emad - or his agent - that City had given them permission and that Emad was unaware he was doing anything wrong, although any agent or professional player should have IMO, simply phoned Gary/CS etc first to check and confirm the position before playing.

Maybe the silence is that City are trying to establish what happened and WHO was actually behind all this, can't be easy with player, club, agent, interpreter, all involved & no doubt lots of BS flying about.

CR

you're right - the silence from AG is deafening on this one !

Wouldn't suprise me if Gary is now looking at other options up front - if in fact Emad has already crossed Gary.

One possibility though given the reported history of Egyptian clubs behaving "unprofessionally" (as stated by AlAhly fans on OTIB)

is that Al-Ahly wanted him to play and simply told Emad - or his agent - that City had given them permission and that Emad was unaware he was doing anything wrong, although any agent or professional player should have IMO, simply phoned Gary/CS etc first to check and confirm the position before playing.

Maybe the silence is that City are trying to establish what happened and WHO was actually behind all this, can't be easy with player, club, agent, interpreter, all involved & no doubt lots of BS flying about.

CR

Hang on a second so people think the mteab deal is off?

I very much doubht this after he was paraded around the gate people should not jump to conclusions to be fair. Affter the game he said hes farwells and looks like he was leaving GJ will probably be peed off but i gurantee the deal will go through :fingerscrossed:

That is true it will take at least 1.5 to get cov to even start talking so metab will be much better value for money.

I don't see why they'd even entertain bids for any less than double that to be honest. They only signed him 18 months ago and consider what a player like Chopra cost.

I don't see why they'd even entertain bids for any less than double that to be honest. They only signed him 18 months ago and consider what a player like Chopra cost.

Exactly we have signed a quality player in metab so i don't see why all the talk of mifsud is.

No doubht he would be a good signing with adebola but is he really worth in excess of 2.5 mill +

Archived