IGNORED

Wdp (merged)

icamanicity

Really? I'm surprised at that. Has he not been offered a new one then or is he stalling on signing it?

Nothing official, but it seems he doesn't like being player wide and Coleman hasn't exactly been glowing about him. There's been nothing to say he's been offered a new deal or that he's turned it down etc. So who knows. Probably being hawked around as to improve his wages.

And definitely one year left. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/6247905.stm

All this talk about him being seen as an alternative to Emad is starting to p me off.

This is probably the media putting 2+2 together and getting 7.

There is nothing other than this report that suggests that we were, or more importantly,still in the market for Mifsud.

I guess weds or thurs we will see if we have the work permit for Emad

Coventry are spending on strikers, why are they going to sell their best one?

Since Coleman's been there he's seen Mifsud score once. He's also been playing him out wide and off the bench because he hasn't been scoring.

If they get Morrison, which is just a matter of when, he'll play up top with Eastwood and they'd still have back up with Simpson and McKenzie.

Three teams have all shown an interest and I'd be surprised he was still at Cov in September.

I do Dan, where do you draw the line, 5 strikers, 4 left backs, 4 right backs, 5 centre halfs, 4 goal keepers, 9 midfielders, that enough players do you think?

These are cover for one position, there will only ever be one person playing right back in a game, then there may be one right back on the bench; although it seems that most managers prefer to have attacking options on the bench, and one solid defender...so in essence that's a ridiculous comparison to draw.

4 strikers, 2 playing, one on the bench and still competition for places in the squad, I think that's fair, but what if one gets injured? Down to 3, you then want to play 343?? No one on the bench, as a outright striker

The different options for playing 2/3 strikers on the pitch, and the fact that attacking options are good on the bench, means its one of the places where you require the cover

the bottom of that article says that Morrison pulled out of training though whilst on trial, could throw a spanner in the works?

i haven't seen a lot of misfud but remember him scoring a brace of cracking finishes in a cup game last season, if the price is right, 1m or so, could be a useful club in the fire, so to speak :)

Get him in and let Trundle trundle back to Swansea :dancing6:

Sorry but no...... Trundle will be a big player for us this year. He has his doubters and did only show his true form in the last 5/6 games but he has the ability to do it and I believe like many others in him to strike a good partnership with someone at start of season and given a good chance.

Whilst were talking about Mifsud, if we could get him for 1 -1.5 mil he'd be an excellent signing as he could cover Mcindoe if hes out too.

These are cover for one position, there will only ever be one person playing right back in a game, then there may be one right back on the bench; although it seems that most managers prefer to have attacking options on the bench, and one solid defender...so in essence that's a ridiculous comparison to draw.

4 strikers, 2 playing, one on the bench and still competition for places in the squad, I think that's fair, but what if one gets injured? Down to 3, you then want to play 343?? No one on the bench, as a outright striker

The different options for playing 2/3 strikers on the pitch, and the fact that attacking options are good on the bench, means its one of the places where you require the cover

I was being facetious :surrender:

The bloke who (used to now I'm in the EE) sits in front of me, the 'Beast 23', once claimed Mifsud was his cousin.

When he was playing in Scandinavia a few years ago, the 'Beast' tried in vain to get PJ and GJ to take him on trial for his goalscoring attributes as he was desparate to play in England but he was rejected for by us for being too small apparently.

Most likely to be the 'Beast' giving it the lobster but he seemed pretty adamant about it.

RedMat and Hobbsy66 will know what I'm on about! :D

'Tis true. Well, the fact he said it, not what he said. Who can say whether that was true or not. Mind you, the fact that GJ and PJ do seem to be rather taken with 'big boys' (LJ aside) says something. Not sure what exactly. Maybe some deeply repressed semi-homoerotic desire for tall men...!? Who knows?

What I can say, is that if Beast and Mifsud are cousins, it must be many, many times removed. And Mifsud deinitely got the small genes in the family.

Chris Coleman say's that Mifsud is expected to hand in a transfer request, if his best form was with Adebola, would that sway his decision towards us a little bit?

mifsud + meteb = LETHAL!

would be exciting forwerd line

I'd say if he was on the market he'd be as good an option as any.

If you were to presume Emab is still on his way here then you'd have;

Brooker (on form this preseason, although unproven consistantly at this level)

Adebola (another already scoring goals in the warm up games and has bags of championship-level experience)

Emab (has scored at international level and regulary at club level, although unproven in the English game)

Trundle (warmed up in the playoffs and showed brief glimpses of quality at times last year, but inconsistant as a goal-getter)

Misfud (pace, pace and more pace with as many goals as our whole strike force last season)

Now THAT would be an interesting 'set' of forwards.

Add to that JMW as a striker/winger and I'd say that line up has the real potential for lots of Chmapionship goals next year.

Chris Coleman say's that Mifsud is expected to hand in a transfer request, if his best form was with Adebola, would that sway his decision towards us a little bit?

mifsud + meteb = LETHAL!

Attacking with M&M's

Manager Chris Coleman has conceded Coventry are powerless to keep Michael Mifsud after the striker handed in a transfer request.Bristol City, Norwich and Crystal Palace have all expressed their interest in the Maltese international this summer.

And with one year remaining on the player's contract, manager Chris Coleman is anxious not to lose the striker on a free transfer.

Coleman told the Coventry Telegraph: "I've spoken with Michael this week and he has agreed with his agent that it's time to move on.

"He's said he will hand a transfer request in and there's nothing we can do about that.

"We have to move on ourselves and if a club comes in and offers the right amount of money then we'll have to look at it."

To be honest i cant see him and moteab both coming it would take at least 1.5 mill to get mifsud (probably a lot more) and i don't think we shuld spend all of our budget on strikers.

Its either mifsud or moteab getting both would be class but too much money.

If heard from a lot of people emad is arriving in england this week to finalise everything which is good news :englandsmile4wf:

It's funny that this has come to light considering Johnson likes to keep quiet and usually the other party play ball with the secrecy.

Also strange that Evil Post has reported it so early, since they normally only report when City media dept have given them a sliver of info.

I'd welcome the signing, but I'm sure Emad wouldn't. Shame that Emad is surrounded in controversy already. Doesn't bode well.

I'd say if he was on the market he'd be as good an option as any.

If you were to presume Emab is still on his way here then you'd have;

Brooker (on form this preseason, although unproven consistantly at this level)

Adebola (another already scoring goals in the warm up games and has bags of championship-level experience)

Emab (has scored at international level and regulary at club level, although unproven in the English game)

Trundle (warmed up in the playoffs and showed brief glimpses of quality at times last year, but inconsistant as a goal-getter)

Misfud (pace, pace and more pace with as many goals as our whole strike force last season)

Now THAT would be an interesting 'set' of forwards.

Add to that JMW as a striker/winger and I'd say that line up has the real potential for lots of Chmapionship goals next year.

To me that strikeforce would be one of, if not, the best variety in the championship.

IMO, i'd love to see Mifsud at AG next season, would be a great asset to the club and we all know he can score goals at this level.

Maybe we're all thinking too attacking about our transfer targets, maybe we should give the defence some more cover seeing as we've already got Emad in. I have a feeling Trunds and big Dele will also have good seasons full of goals and assists if they can get the service from our attack minded, free roaming midfield. Brooks might be a cover striker if we eventually get Mifsud so i'd be happy with that.

Any thoughts?

Archived