IGNORED

Egyptian Ethics

westy

Mido, Ghaly and now Emad was is it about these players that allow them to think that they can do what they want, whatever happens with the latest scenario and although magic johnson may be able to turn around this must be a major turn off for any club to try to do business that has anything to do with the country and or players that have completely different morals.

Mido, Ghaly and now Emad was is it about these players that allow them to think that they can do what they want, whatever happens with the latest scenario and although magic johnson may be able to turn around this must be a major turn off for any club to try to do business that has anything to do with the country and or players that have completely different morals.

Until i know the facts, i wont comment on Emad, he is still a potential hero in my eyes! We should be careful not to jump to conclusions.

However, you are right about the other two egyptian players and maybe it is an inherant arrogance within their culture? Certainly the clubs appear difficult to deal with, which in turn will put off many english teams looking for a quick solution.

Still, i fully expect Emad to be training with us this week.

Until i know the facts, i wont comment on Emad, he is still a potential hero in my eyes! We should be careful not to jump to conclusions.

However, you are right about the other two egyptian players and maybe it is an inherant arrogance within their culture? Certainly the clubs appear difficult to deal with, which in turn will put off many english teams looking for a quick solution.

Still, i fully expect Emad to be training with us this week.

True about knowing facts but don't want to get in massive debate about the action cos plenty of posts already but my opinion and why I suppose I have jumped to a bit of a conclusion is that if he / al ahly were a bit cheeky and say chucked him on for last 10 mins as a farwell i wouldn't be pleased but understand it, to play the 90 mins takes the ****.

My topic is really more about why clubs may steer clear of similar players and maybe why this bargain was available definately risky business at best - i hoped for bcfc I am very wrong but something about leopards and spots comes to mind.

Football has become an utterly mercenary business and ethics don't figure very highly particularly in the UK.

If you have a conservatory be careful what you throw around. Cushions are ok but anything harder may break the glass. I think. :noexpression:

:rofl2br:

I know what china means cos football has everything probably why we all love it; portuguese winkers, russian tsars, thailand criminals, granny sh%*^ing wonderkids, turnips umbrellas it has the lot but lets be fair some of the antics from the above 3 mentioned take some believing.

don't get it

Crikey am I so old that nobody knows that phrase any more (actually it should be people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones)? Mind you it does apparently go back as far as Chaucer:

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/2...ssages/855.html

I know the next question is who the hell is Chaucer?. Try Wikipedia for that one. :innocent06:

Crikey am I so old that nobody knows that phrase any more (actually it should be people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones)? Mind you it does apparently go back as far as Chaucer:

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/2...ssages/855.html

I know the next question is who the hell is Chaucer?. Try Wikipedia for that one. :innocent06:

Common then china lets know when it last happened that an english player went abroad signed and then went back and played a game for his previous club unauthorised!!

that's the only way your comment will have any relevance :yawn:

actually come to think of it the topic was about 3 players so i'll give you a little more chance you could find an english player who turned up to train on first day slagged everything off and manger decided to let go straigt away or even an english player who tried to start a fight with the national coach!

Common then china lets know when it last happened that an english player went abroad signed and then went back and played a game for his previous club unauthorised!!

that's the only way your comment will have any relevance :yawn:

As I understood it the general point was that Egyptian football was unethical and this was an example of it. That may be true. My point was that English football is also. Ask Villa or Tottenham how they feel about Rafa Benitez' behaviour. Listen to Ferguson slagging off Real Madrid for tapping up Ronaldo when he has been tapping up players for years. Watch Wenger trawl the world to poach other clubs' under-16s. Consider dodgy transfer dealings covered up by the Premier League with an "independent" enquiry, think unscrupulous agents, police enquiries into tax fraud and possible money laundering. A fascist dictator is owner of a big club, along with other less than spotless owners. For once I agree with Simon Jordan. We're on shaky ground if we think we're morally superior I reckon.

How does 3 players' behaviour (1 if which you've never laid eyes on) account for all Egyptions attitudes?

Good job Ahmed doesnt follow suit or he'll start a thread over their talking about 'British intelligence'.

Yeah, especially when most of the stuff he's talking about is mere speculation.

So Emad didn't play the other night?

So you're certain he didn't have permission?

Bruce didn't reject Ghaly?

So Bruce actually has a clue then?

Mido didn't start fight with Shehata?

:disapointed2se:

So what?

That's your basis for making sweeping generalisations about a whole nationality? Well done.

So you're certain he didn't have permission?

Yes

So Bruce actually has a clue then?

He obviously did

So what?

A little thing called respect

That's your basis for making sweeping generalisations about a whole nationality? Well done.

Thankyou

Its not so much arrogance its more to do with them being an insular culture which has little to with other cultures.Thats why the Egyptians are so difficult to deal with.They think that their morals apply across the board.The knack of dealing with them is to adopt their morals.They expect you to be as cut throat as they are.

Take a regular taxi ride in Cairo - you negociate and agree the fare before you set off - otherwise they'll overcharge you tremedously. If they ask for 10 Egyptian pounds then you frown and make off towards another taxi - then you'll get the real price which is probably 5 quid.They see nothing dodgy in that at all - its part of they way they do things.They barter for everything.

I can see why some clubs have problems with them. Best thing is to take an Egyptian negociator along with you.

actually come to think of it the topic was about 3 players so i'll give you a little more chance you could find an english player who turned up to train on first day slagged everything off and manger decided to let go straigt away or even an english player who tried to start a fight with the national coach!

You don't need to go abroad to find English players like that; what Joey Barton?!

English football may not be completely corrupt, but we are a league and a society which is full of drunkards, racists, cheats, hypocrites, bullies, imbeciles and ignorant idiots. You have proved several of these points. This makes our society as about as bad as any other around the world.

Alan Brazil is another great example, in fact, of an idiot who went abroad to play his football, but made no attempt to learn the language, fit in with the culture or bond with his team-mates, thinking that they'd accept his heavy drinking and attitude problem perfectly. Unfortunately for him, they didn't and he returned quickly with his tail between his legs.

And who can forget the infamous quote from Ian Rush after playing for Juventus in the 1980's. "The trouble with playing in Italy is that it's like playing abroad." No siht, Ian!

Players from these islands are as bad as anywhere else around the world, mate. So basing the attitudes and cultures of a nation of more than 75 million people on the three actions of three players from country, don't really work.

Archived