IGNORED

Alan Maybury On Trial

Bristoliain

SPL fans at work seemed unimpressed.

Comments were that he lacks pace and is overly agressive in his tackling to compensate.

However he might prove decent experienced cover and did play UEFA cup football last year, so maybe they were just being bitter (as it should be noted none of them were Aberdeen fans).

If its already been mentioned sorry but ex Leicester defender Alan Maybury will play @ Hereford tonight.

Could prove cover/competition for McAllister.

Your thoughts

I think he's more of a Right Back than a lefty? However he is noted for his versatility and dependability.

He's always been decent enough when I've seen him play for the Foxes.

Guest MaloneFM

Innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law.

Gerrard Lavin eh? Playing Reading next season. At the madhouse.

DUCK PLASTIC COCKNEYS...DUCK!

Innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law.

Gerrard Lavin eh? Playing Reading next season. At the madhouse.

DUCK PLASTIC COCKNEYS...DUCK!

I'm amazed we've not immortalised that 'incident' in song before now (unless i missed something...)

Guest MaloneFM

Hopefully something may be composed in time for the fixture Samuel. However in some quaters the name Lavin may be met with the call of the Tawny owl.

Who?

Hopefully something may be composed in time for the fixture Samuel. However in some quaters the name Lavin may be met with the call of the Tawny owl.

Who?

Threw the blighter's name into the old google and up popped this

interesting...

Unless Wilson's on his way it's pointless.

I don't like bringing in senior players as cover in any circumstance.

Maybury IIRC was a decent champ player..but meh really don't see what positionally GJ is up to. Need a centre back and central midfielder and a couple or one striker.

Who?

I do believe that was Tony Penis' first game in charge. I seem to remember that he said after the game that Lavin would never play for us again.....until of course we had injuries and he needed a full back!

Fool!

Back to Maybury...

He's a right back, but can play at left back or right midfield. If he's anything like Wilson, that probably also includes left midfield, centre midfield, etc. etc.

I'm all for getting value from or players, one size fits all, but don't we sometimes end up with 'a master of none' situation?

I'm not judging Maybury as I don't know anything about him. Yes, we do need competition for all places but I think I'd like to replace like with like. We aren't a small struggling team where there squad numbers have to be kept as low as possible to save money.

Isn't there a trial (cup games?) where the number of subs to chose from is increased this year, and maybe this rule will be brought in for the future; if this is the case would players who can play in many positions not be so necessary as subs places can be filled with dedicated position players?

I do believe that was Tony Penis' first game in charge. I seem to remember that he said after the game that Lavin would never play for us again.....until of course we had injuries and he needed a full back!

Classic away trip, Classic post match interview from Penis too. "Well if he's done what I've seen he's done, well, that's not for me. No, sorry, I'm not having that". Which told us from day one that Pulis can't speak in past tense properly and needs to get confirmation of what his eyes have seen.

So if you're Ribeiro and you've just signed a new contract and Gary has said you can play right or left back, how do you feel about this guy being given a trial? I'm totally baffled. We suddenly seem to be dropping our standards and lowering our expectations all round. BTW what happened to Michael Ricketts?

Classic away trip, Classic post match interview from Penis too. "Well if he's done what I've seen he's done, well, that's not for me. No, sorry, I'm not having that". Which told us from day one that Pulis can't speak in past tense properly and needs to get confirmation of what his eyes have seen.

Whilst conveniently neglecting to mention that he'd just given the bloke a three year contract which he was obviously going to be prepared to rip up.........

My personal favourite was...'I will personally see to it that he never plays his football for this club again'

''oops''

SPL fans at work seemed unimpressed.

Comments were that he lacks pace and is overly agressive in his tackling to compensate.

However he might prove decent experienced cover and did play UEFA cup football last year, so maybe they were just being bitter (as it should be noted none of them were Aberdeen fans).

Most likely.

As an Aberdeen fan aswell as a City fan. Maybury was outstanding last year. Played really well in Europe against Bayern Munich, and then when the Scottish press were absolutely creaming themselves over Aiden McGeady, Maybury marked him out of two games in a space of 10 days.

I really wanted Aberdeen to keep him, but he wanted to come back down south. I'd be really pleased if City signed him.

Spoke to a Leicester fan today as Maybury played for them - ultimately a very poor signing and ended playing for their reserves as made too many mistakes. Trial players are exactly that for a reason - hopefully GJ will be exercising extreme caution. Doesn't sound like a step up from what we've got. Would prefer we go for a player BCFC courts not the other way round.

Archived