IGNORED

Lt

Pete1975Legend

Went to Hereford last night and I thought LT had a good game. The difference in LT now to last year is incredible. He looks like he has worked well over the summer and looks raring to go.

He looks very lean and looked in patches like the LT we know he can be last night. This is a big season for LT and from what I saw yesterday and his fitness levels I think it may well be the defining season in his career. He looks fitter than last season so credit should go to the fitness coaches etc. But have to say was very inpressed by his attitude and workrate last night.

Thoughts?

Went to Hereford last night and I thought LT had a good game. The difference in LT now to last year is incredible. He looks like he has worked well over the summer and looks raring to go.

He looks very lean and looked in patches like the LT we know he can be last night. This is a big season for LT and from what I saw yesterday and his fitness levels I think it may well be the defining season in his career. He looks fitter than last season so credit should go to the fitness coaches etc. But have to say was very inpressed by his attitude and workrate last night.

Thoughts?

Is it just me as i never thought he looked particuarly unfit last season, i stand by what ive always said about Trunlde, imo its the one area GJ got wrong last season, i think had he played in the majority of games he was dropped for we may well have seen a different outcome last season to where we finished, i know hindsight is a wonderful thing but there were times when i just could not see us scoring and Trunds was not even on the bench, as he can score from abslutley nothing and i think he should have been used more.

Looking good in whats not much more than a training match against lower league opposition doesn't mean that Trundle will have a good season when the real stuff starts.

With the arrival of the Egyptian and possibly another striker it'll be in Trundle's interest to start producing the goods and looking slim is a positive start.

I went last night and I thought Trundle was very ordinary. He earned the pen and scored it himself but felt that Brooker out worked him, linked better with the midfielders and frankly just looked better. To me Trundle looked slow (unsurprisingly) and his touch a little rusty. I also get frustrated when he always tries to chip or float the ball to the top corner when a simple "foot through the ball" would suffice.

Went to Yeovil the night before also and for me (Basso aside) last night had a second string feel to it. Likely to be Metab & Adebola (or new striker to start)

I cant see Adebola starting much though. I'm actually a fan of the big man who done a good job for us last year but he's just 'another club' for Gary to use against the likes of Burnley away where we need a big player.

Iv constantly said Trundle will be a better player for us this year and il stick to that. Metaeb (if he signs) will take a while to adjust and Brooker still has to prove his fully match fit etc. I can see Adebola starting with Trundle for first few games (unless Brooks keeps his pre-season form going) and Meteab being gentally drafted in.......

I think if Metab does arrive it will be a good thing for LT, after all his name can hardly ever be said without the phrase 'the million pound striker' being mentioned. Now he maybe won't be the player with the biggest fee, and attention will be elsewhere, hopefully letting him just get on with what he is capable of?

Oh, God, if only... :worship2:

That brings back nice memories. What a player, and gave the G*s fans the bird after Donowa's last minute goal at the Gate if I remember correctly. Just adds to the legend.

Back to the main subject, a Hereford supporting mate sent me a match report off a Bulls fans site earlier - Trundle got a right slating! Couldn't pass, couldn't shout and they were surprised he got the penalty on target!

I would agree with the original poster. I think that if you look at the season as a whole, Trundle improved as the season went on. Maybe at the start being the big money signing and all that, whilst going so long without scoring got to him and he lost some confidence. It appears though towards the end of the season he got some of it back, and performances vs Palace were brilliant I thought. Next season is a big season for him, espically if we get 2 new strikers in there will be major competition. I'd back him to win one of the place though, and I think Trunds at his best can be a real bonus for us.

From the highlights he looked very good. I don't expect any striker in pre season to be scoring hat tricks (Even if LT did that he would still get stick from some) All these games are about is getting your match fitness and sharpness up to the required standard.

Archived