Formation For Next Season

loudred4ever

--------------Basso---------------

Orr----------Carey------------Hill

--------------Elliott----------------

Sproule----Johnson-----McIndoe

-------------Trundle---------------

--------Mifsud-----Adebola-------

who siad goals were a problem for BCFC!!

We have options.

4 definitely at the back. We lack the centre halves to do anything else.

Then a combination of the 4-5-1, 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-1-4-1 when it suits us.

4-4-2 intially with Dele + Mifsud (hopefully) up top.

Basso/Weale

Orr, Carey, Another centre back who is fit/in form, McAllister

Williams (if fit, Sproule if not), Johnson, Elliot, McIndoe

Mifsud (please), Adebola

That's what we've bought for IMO. That's rearrangeable into 4-5-1 4-3-3 etc etc. It's nice to have adaptable players.

Once the season settles down I think the line-up will look something like this:

Basso

Orr, Carey, Fontaine, McAllister

Williams, Elliot, Johnson, McIndoe

Brooker, Trundle

I'd think that left-back, right-wing and the striker alongside Trundle are the positions really up for grabs. Mifsud and/or Metaeb may be kept out by consistent form from Brooker.

IMO there are likely to be chances for Ribeiro, both Wilsons, Skuse, Artus and JMW to cement places at some point during the year and will really have to make it count.

McCombe, Noble, Sproule, Weale, Adebola and Super Scott to be used as back-up for injuries.

However... I'm about as likely to be right on this as a certain Kieren is when questioned about Bradley Orr's future :whistle2:

Guest Eamer

4-3-3

------------- Basso -------------

- Orr Carey McCombe McAllister

-- Elliott - Johnson - McIndoe --

-- Mifsud - Adebola - Moteab --

I don't expect there to be any radical departure from the 442 and 4411 we were playing last season. If we get two quality strikers we may play the former more often though.

Agree with that.

Johnson sometimes changes things during games if the starting formation isn't working and at other times he sets up to combat what the opposition might do - 5 across midfield for example.

This will obviously change if Mifsud / Meteab don't sign.....

--------------Basso-----------------

Orr---Fontaine--Carey--McAllister

---Williams---Elliott---McIndoe---

--------------Trundle---------------

---------Meteab----Mifsud--------

Goals, goals and more goals........ (although very highly unlikely)

Is Gavin a Left-Winger Or Left Sided Mid-Fielder? I could of swore we signed him for centre-mid but lots of people have put him out on the left on their formations.

I still think we lack full-back competition and some centre-back competiton, once we get that and mifsud and moteab sign we should be alright and at minimum not suffer second season syndrome

Is Gavin a Left-Winger Or Left Sided Mid-Fielder? I could of swore we signed him for centre-mid but lots of people have put him out on the left on their formations.

Right sided mid mainly.

I think you're confused, everyone's put the teams as the right sided players on the right side of the screen. ^_^

This will obviously change if Mifsud / Meteab don't sign.....

--------------Basso-----------------

Orr---Fontaine--Carey--McAllister

---Williams---Elliott---McIndoe---

--------------Trundle---------------

---------Meteab----Mifsud--------

Goals, goals and more goals........ (although very highly unlikely)

I come on this thread to right that exact formation!! Great minds and all that! :innocent06: Would be really excited to see that formation at our first league home game! Very attack minded and would be good to show it off live on sky!

Cant see it happening myself though, GJ doesnt seem to have the same football knowledge as you and me :farmer:

Guest DR DICKNOSE
I come on this thread to right that exact formation!! Great minds and all that! :innocent06: Would be really excited to see that formation at our first league home game! Very attack minded and would be good to show it off live on sky!

Cant see it happening myself though, GJ doesnt seem to have the same football knowledge as you and me :farmer:

apparently mifsud can only score goals playing alongside adebola(only scored 1 goal when adebola left coventry for us!!)

-----------------Basso-----------------------

---Orr---Carey---Fontaine---McAllister---

-------Johnson---Elliot---McIndoe---------

-------Mifsud---Adebola---Motæb--------

Bench: Weale, Ribero/Maybury (if signed), McCombe, Williams, , Trundle. (if 7, Sproule + Plummer)

As much as I like Adebola and everyone saying he didnt score goals when Adebola left, he just needs someone to set him up. Meteab is known is to be a good supplier with good movement (or so our Egytpian friends tell us) and we all know Trundle creates alot so between them 2 Mifsud should have alot of opportunuties. Johnson is determined (like us all) for Trundle to be a success here and a deeper role means he can have more of the ball and create more. Adebola is more of a stop gap really considering his age.

Archived