IGNORED

Carle

Red to the world

Lots of " inferences " from fans who were in Portugal that the whole Carle transfer business was explained to them and they now UNDERSTAND.

Well I and many others on this forum do not so can they please enlighten us non Portugal fans why it happened.

If they haven't the guts to put money where mouth is, then please shut up !

Lots of " inferences " from fans who were in Portugal that the whole Carle transfer business was explained to them and they now UNDERSTAND.

Well I and many others on this forum do not so can they please enlighten us non Portugal fans why it happened.

If they haven't the guts to put money where mouth is, then please shut up !

if they new any thing they would have said by now :noexpression:

if they new any thing they would have said by now :noexpression:

Didnt tick any of Gary's 'boxes'...assists,goals,stamina,etc etc....£700,000 profit in 6 months, not a difficult decision when Colin came knocking. Also was the highest paid player by 'some way'...yeah it surprised me when I was told as well..!

Also was after Williams since start of year and considers him a better player than Carle.

Didnt tick any of Gary's 'boxes'...assists,goals,stamina,etc etc....£700,000 profit in 6 months, not a difficult decision when Colin came knocking. Also was the highest paid player by 'some way'...yeah it surprised me when I was told as well..!

Also was after Williams since start of year and considers him a better player than Carle.

can,t really understand why they signed him in the first place then really (admit its nice to make a profit on the guy) did they buy him blind then as they must have seen something in him to get him here or was it a case of get anyone in in transfer window to keep the natives happy

Saw some highlights on skysports at lunchtime and he got about 4 assists in a friendly last night. i think it was a tin pot team but still looked decent.

When he first left i was gutted, then i decided it wasnt that much of a loss and LJ could do a job, but now i think we do need a signing there to say we have improved.

Saw some highlights on skysports at lunchtime and he got about 4 assists in a friendly last night. i think it was a tin pot team but still looked decent.

When he first left i was gutted, then i decided it wasnt that much of a loss and LJ could do a job, but now i think we do need a signing there to say we have improved.

I'm reasonably confident LJ will improve from last season.

Reading a recent article he said he wasn't at peak fitness much of the season and is now.

I'm reasonably confident LJ will improve from last season.

Reading a recent article he said he wasn't at peak fitness much of the season and is now.

thats really good news. i really like lee and admire his passing quality. in a 4-5-1 i would never question his place.

just in a 4-4-2 I'm not sure he contributes the goals or graft that someone like darren ambrose could provide.

hope he can really step up and make everyone forget who nick carle was

Ok, we don't know the full story, but I still think selling Carle will prove to be a massive mistake.

Not many of our squad are Premier League class, but Carle was.

Yes, we may have doubled our money, but with a full season in England behind him, I reckon Palace will soon be doubling their money and sell him to a Prem club.

Ok, we don't know the full story, but I still think selling Carle will prove to be a massive mistake.

Not many of our squad are Premier League class, but Carle was.

Yes, we may have doubled our money, but with a full season in England behind him, I reckon Palace will soon be doubling their money and sell him to a Prem club.

Thats of course if Carle doesn`t play a big part in getting CP into the prem themselves.

PDG

• Admin

. . . or maybe the people who found out some info in Portugal aren't the sort that feel the need to be the first one to write something on the net - or maybe it's just on another site ?!?!

All in all, should not really be openly discussed on a public forum if someone has been told something in confidence !

End of the day he's gone - lets move on !

so who exactly ticked gary's boxes regarding goals last season?

don't understand the selling of Carle in the slightest.....it's been a few weeks since Carle left and we haven't replaced him despite Gary stating he had a replacement in mind.

Personally I wouldn't be surpised if Carle gets to the prem with Palace quicker than we do

just over 2 weeks till start of season and so far I'm not impressed in the slightest with our transfer activity, the signing of injury prone Williams who's not kicked a ball, the total c**k up it seems in the Metab deal and the nothing but plain stupid selling of carle for a insignificant profit.

Right now I think we will do well to get top 10 position, even if we signed 3 players tomorrow it's going to take them 5/6 games to settle into the club/team, which is going to be mid-way through august at this rate.

Sorrhy Gary, but I've backed you 200% so far since you joined City, but your very quickly losing my faith, if you can't get the players to take us to the next level, I suggest Lansdown starts looking for someone who can.......

don't understand the selling of Carle in the slightest.....it's been a few weeks since Carle left and we haven't replaced him despite Gary stating he had a replacement in mind.

Personally I wouldn't be surpised if Carle gets to the prem with Palace quicker than we do

just over 2 weeks till start of season and so far I'm not impressed in the slightest with our transfer activity, the signing of injury prone Williams who's not kicked a ball, the total c**k up it seems in the Metab deal and the nothing but plain stupid selling of carle for a insignificant profit.

Right now I think we will do well to get top 10 position, even if we signed 3 players tomorrow it's going to take them 5/6 games to settle into the club/team, which is going to be mid-way through august at this rate.

Sorrhy Gary, but I've backed you 200% so far since you joined City, but your very quickly losing my faith, if you can't get the players to take us to the next level, I suggest Lansdown starts looking for someone who can.......

Yeah lets start the BRING BACK PULIS thread !!!!!

Hows the dementia coming along ????

Carle was sold because he didn't do what he was brought here to do - get into the box and create and score goals - and because the offer was more than acceptable. Simple as that. He had skill on the ball but no end product and wasn't quick enough IMO.

And Terry, before you start calling for the manager's head and writing off Williams - perhaps you should see him play. You might be surprised.

Carle was sold because he didn't do what he was brought here to do - get into the box and create and score goals - and because the offer was more than acceptable. Simple as that. He had skill on the ball but no end product and wasn't quick enough IMO.

And Terry, before you start calling for the manager's head and writing off Williams - perhaps you should see him play. You might be surprised.

I can`t wait to see Williams play......any idea when that might be ?

Whoaaaaa.....hold on there Terry. I`ve posted on this forum today that i`ve questioned some of GJs recent decisions but i think there would have to be some seriously stupid mismanagement to warrant your final paragraph.

TBH if you offered me a top 10 finish now i`d bite your hand off. GJ has the seat and quite rightly so. He has my support and quite rightly so. He`s not however beyond question and quite rightly so.

Take a moment and consider what you`ve just posted Terry `cos thats a contender for `Knee jerk reaction of the year`.

PDG

Cant believe what I'm reading here, calling for gary's head omg what more do some people want! The position this club is in now is like a dream to me, i never seen us in division one in the seventies so this is the highest ive ever seen us and its down to gj and sl its easy to sign players but not so easy to sign the right ones, i trust them both to do all they can to get us to the prem so its makes me boil over when i read things like that remember ALWAYS BELIEVE!

GJ has the seat and quite rightly so. He has my support and quite rightly so. He`s not however beyond question and quite rightly so.

that's my exact point.......right now the question has to be asked?

all we heard about pre wembley was List A and List B and the players we wanted, however so far Williams, an Egyptian c**k up and Possibly Mifsud very soon, however we are missing Carle, Vasko, Byfield and Enoch right now the squad is alot weaker and we are running out of time to strength.

I'm sure in the next fortnight or so the player will appear but right now........question have to be asked.......

Ive never been one to lower myself to name calling, but this post really wants to make me scream "w*nker"

Listen pal, since Johnson took over, he has done nothing BUT keep taking us to the next level.

First job, save us from dropping to the basement league.....done it

second job, get us out of poxy League One after 9 failed attempts......did it first full season!!

third job, consolidate us as a Championship club and keep us up.....accomplished by Christmas

he then took us to the next level and we were within a whisker of getting somewhere, only 24 months ago, I wouldnt have even dreamt about!

How can you say he isnt constantly taking us to the next level! We said we needed more players to stay in the Championship....GJ knew what he needed, he got it, and we have a cracking season

How do you know Williams and maybe Mifsud are not the two players to take us to that next level! You say about a top 10 position....that would be a good finish! I guarantee all the teams that under performed last season, will not do the same this year. Brum, Derby, Reading, Wolves, Charlton, Sheff U....Id love to think we could make top 6, buts its going to be so, so hard. Why not do what Hull and Stoke done, consolidate, and prepare.....

I'm not one of these that have "blind faith", and there will be a time when City and GJ part company....but we are no where near that point in time!

It really gets me how some fans feel we "should" be challenging top 6.....it makes me cringe when I think how some fans will react if we have a mid table season

There has been some stupid statements made on this forum over the last couple of weeks, but this one is head and shoulders over anything else written on this site recently.

18 months ago we were bottom of league one, for you even to be talking of us getting to the prem just shows how far GJ has brought this club (and SL).

I read a post earlier suggesting GJ could not manager a storm in a teacup (i think the phrase was), another idiotic statement.

that was actually 2 and a half years ago....

Ive never been one to lower myself to name calling, but this post really wants to make me scream "w*nker"

Listen pal, since Johnson took over, he has done nothing BUT keep taking us to the next level.

First job, save us from dropping to the basement league.....done it

second job, get us out of poxy League One after 9 failed attempts......did it first full season!!

third job, consolidate us as a Championship club and keep us up.....accomplished by Christmas

he then took us to the next level and we were within a whisker of getting somewhere, only 24 months ago, I wouldnt have even dreamt about!

How can you say he isnt constantly taking us to the next level! We said we needed more players to stay in the Championship....GJ knew what he needed, he got it, and we have a cracking season

How do you know Williams and maybe Mifsud are not the two players to take us to that next level! You say about a top 10 position....that would be a good finish! I guarantee all the teams that under performed last season, will not do the same this year. Brum, Derby, Reading, Wolves, Charlton, Sheff U....Id love to think we could make top 6, buts its going to be so, so hard. Why not do what Hull and Stoke done, consolidate, and prepare.....

I'm not one of these that have "blind faith", and there will be a time when City and GJ part company....but we are no where near that point in time!

It really gets me how some fans feel we "should" be challenging top 6.....it makes me cringe when I think how some fans will react if we have a mid table season

it's about PROGESS on and off the field, to show progress we need to aim for a minimum of a top 6 finish, anything else is failure

it's about PROGESS on and off the field, to show progress we need to aim for a minimum of a top 6 finish, anything else is failure

don't think it will quite be a failure if we don't make playoffs! Does anyone really expect a repeat of last season? Of course it can happen but to be able to compete with a lot of the clubs in ccc on a financial level we need to consolidate first and anything else is a bonus imo

Archived