IGNORED

Carle

Red to the world

It's all I need to come back with......I've made my point and you have offered nothing in return.....what else is to say?

I don't need to offer anything, just look at GJ's record since taking over.

I think you should wake up and smell the coffee, have a look at the clubs in our league this year. There are about six or seven clubs still receiving parachute payments of £10m+ and QPR lets not forget the richest club in the world.

It's all I need to come back with......I've made my point and you have offered nothing in return.....what else is to say?

Now then everybody - don't let Old Man Terry wind you up. He moans for the sake of moaning, hated it when we did well last season and gets joy from the probability that we might not do as well this season so he can moan again.

it's about PROGESS on and off the field, to show progress we need to aim for a minimum of a top 6 finish, anything else is failure

I couldnt agree more, it is about progress! but last season was a season behind our wildest dreams....but now the dust has settled, and you look back at it....yes we played well, and the grit and determination we showed was awesome at times.....however, in your heart of hearts, ywe all know the reason we finished so high was because so many teams underachieved.....

....I cant see that happening this year.

We are progressing off the field all the time.....we have a solid back room staff and a trustworthy board who are taken us in the right direction, on the pitch, progress for me would be to be safe by February time...if we finish 10th, Ill take that.

It has nothing to do with lack of ambition....but has everything to do with realism.....next season will be a tough year, and in terms of "progress", there are countless teams ahead of us.

Consolidate, and build for the future....

Now then everybody - don't let Old Man Terry wind you up. He moans for the sake of moaning, hated it when we did well last season and gets joy from the probability that we might not do as well this season so he can moan again.

and you base that on what comments? me thinks your mixing me up with someone else?

don't think it will quite be a failure if we don't make playoffs! Does anyone really expect a repeat of last season? Of course it can happen but to be able to compete with a lot of the clubs in ccc on a financial level we need to consolidate first and anything else is a bonus imo

Steve Lansdown and Gary Johnson do, they have both said the aim is to get promoted, they said it last season and are saying the same last season, I don't think there is anything wrong with aiming for a top 6 position again at the end of the season.

aiming any lower for a "top 10" place, can easily be seen as not showing enough ambition, the fact is the chairman wants Premier League football and SO FAR the manager hasn't brought in the players during the close season yet to put us as contendors alongside other teams in this division

Anyone who thinks gary johnson should be sacked, after all he's done, is a c**k

People said the same about Alan Dicks after our 2nd relegation in a row, it way a case of "he got us up once and he can turn us around and put us back up there" the rest is history

As is Last Season, History.....If the club is to progress we need to bring in the best we can.....if the manager can't/won't do it, then it's a decision the chairman has to make, I'm not saying he should, but with the basis of the squad that we have, it's criminal we are not putting together the final touches to push one step further.

If we finish outside the top 6 this season, question will have to be asked without doubt........but there is still along way to go.

thats really good news. i really like lee and admire his passing quality. in a 4-5-1 i would never question his place.

just in a 4-4-2 I'm not sure he contributes the goals or graft that someone like darren ambrose could provide.

hope he can really step up and make everyone forget who nick carle was

I was saying this to someone earler too, I think yes Carle is great in thr 4-5-1 but in 442 for one or another never seemed to cut it.Which shows Gj plans are to go for the 4-4-2 which I think fans should want for more goals from the strikers!

I couldnt agree more, it is about progress! but last season was a season behind our wildest dreams....but now the dust has settled, and you look back at it....yes we played well, and the grit and determination we showed was awesome at times.....however, in your heart of hearts, ywe all know the reason we finished so high was because so many teams underachieved.....

....I cant see that happening this year.

We are progressing off the field all the time.....we have a solid back room staff and a trustworthy board who are taken us in the right direction, on the pitch, progress for me would be to be safe by February time...if we finish 10th, Ill take that.

It has nothing to do with lack of ambition....but has everything to do with realism.....next season will be a tough year, and in terms of "progress", there are countless teams ahead of us.

Consolidate, and build for the future....

good post, personally heart in hearts, I believe we finished 4th, because that's where we deserved to be over 46 games, some teams may have under-achived but some teams will do the same this season, much like we did for endless seasons in league one.

Realism is that we have a VERY GOOD squad, minus a top notch right winger, a goal scorer and some strength in depth, the only reason, "countless teams" are ahead of us is because they have signed their players up already where we have been left floundering......obviously things can change but despite what GJ says, you need to get players in as early as possible, not a week or so before the first game, we needed new signings on the flight to Portugal for the group bonding training camp, the only new player we had was one who has still to kick a ball in anger.

Next Year will be tough.......but if we haven't built and pushed on to SERIOUSLY improve our squad with those minor additions, instead of taking a backward step which currently we have.

Methinks you havent been a city fan all that long if you consider us not getting into the top six of the second tier a failure

me thinks I've been watching them for too bloody long and that for the last 25 years we have SERIOUSLY underachived, now we are moving in the right direction and have the chance to build on a FANTASTIC SEASON that was last season, but it's worrying that we don't seem to be, partially because Mr J has unfortunately had too many (now possibly) wasted trips to africa playing donkey derby with king tut and tutankhamun in their pointy houses

Steve Lansdown and Gary Johnson do, they have both said the aim is to get promoted, they said it last season and are saying the same last season, I don't think there is anything wrong with aiming for a top 6 position again at the end of the season.

aiming any lower for a "top 10" place, can easily be seen as not showing enough ambition, the fact is the chairman wants Premier League football and SO FAR the manager hasn't brought in the players during the close season yet to put us as contendors alongside other teams in this division

I wouldn`t expect either of them to say anything different. The reality, however, is that last season was just one of those quirky seasons where nobody ran away with it and there wasn`t a team who, having got to the top, was able to really build on it. We benefited with a lot of gritty, determined performances and TBH i think a lot of teams underestimated us in the first half of the season. Now there`s nothing to say that it won`t happen again but it`s highly unlikely to happen in consecutive seasons.

The second reality is that, as it currently stands, our squad is weaker now than when we finished last season. That may well be rectified in the forthcoming weeks, we`ll have to wait and see.

But one thing is for sure, the Championship is still brimming with quality sides and for us to finish in the top 10 this season would still be a major success and surely cannot be construed as failure.

PDG

• Admin
Still waiting to see who this ready made replacement is we had lined up before we sold him. :dunno:

Very true, it was reported that there was replacement lined up and the Williams was an additional signing !

all we heard about pre wembley was List A and List B and the players we wanted,

As much as you are "in theory" correct, just because we had a list of names does not meen they will WANT to join us or that they are available !??!

me thinks I've been watching them for too bloody long and that for the last 25 years we have SERIOUSLY underachived, now we are moving in the right direction and have the chance to build on a FANTASTIC SEASON that was last season, but it's worrying that we don't seem to be, partially because Mr J has unfortunately had too many (now possibly) wasted trips to africa playing donkey derby with king tut and tutankhamun in their pointy houses

You don't sit in the Williams by any chance do you Tel?

I always assumed that Carle was sold because he gained a midfield spot on merit at the end of last season, was clearly first choice in midfield along with Marvin and that left little opportunity for anyone else.

How very dare you!

it's about PROGESS on and off the field, to show progress we need to aim for a minimum of a top 6 finish, anything else is failure

This time last year, my view was that I would be happy if we stayed up.

I have the same view this year. Anything else is a bonus for me. Always believe :fingerscrossed:

I agree that the Carle signing is strange.

Not enough stamina, goals, assists?

Well at the end of the season he had loads of stamina and looked as fit as anyone to me. In terms of goals and assists, that's a problem right across midfield. No one in the niddle of the field scroes enough goals - anyone!

For me it's all about the midfield. They are the engine of the team and the creative link as well. Forwards will not score without a creative and supplying midfield.. At the moment, we are going into next season with the same midfield and therefore, in my opinion, the same problem - how will we score goals?

As for anyone else coming in, I agree it will take probably 6/8 weeks to seetle and blend. It did for Carle didn't it? Therefore, in theory, we can't kick start to be where we want to be until October

I agree that the Carle signing is strange.

Not enough stamina, goals, assists?

Well at the end of the season he had loads of stamina and looked as fit as anyone to me. In terms of goals and assists, that's a problem right across midfield. No one in the niddle of the field scroes enough goals - anyone!

For me it's all about the midfield. They are the engine of the team and the creative link as well. Forwards will not score without a creative and supplying midfield.. At the moment, we are going into next season with the same midfield and therefore, in my opinion, the same problem - how will we score goals?

As for anyone else coming in, I agree it will take probably 6/8 weeks to seetle and blend. It did for Carle didn't it? Therefore, in theory, we can't kick start to be where we want to be until October

totally and utterly agree.

he just settles in and gets sold.........madness

Archived