IGNORED

Gary Hopeful Of Two New Strikers

Evy11_BCFC

Terrific. That gives this forum another 48-72 hours of speculation, conjecture, supposition, argument and disagreement. I know that is pretty much the definition of a forum but I wish we could be "potentially signing" players with surnames that were easy to pronounce. Who else is out there we could bid for with tricky surnames???

This is when he will reveal Meteb and Mifsud as City players. :whistle2:

I'm sure it will be these two to be honest the mifsud deal is all but complete and i cant see GJ being rash and calling of the moteab deal.

The sooner we get these two the better beacuse i am starting to get a little concerned about other areas.

Terrific. That gives this forum another 48-72 hours of speculation, conjecture, supposition, argument and disagreement. I know that is pretty much the definition of a forum but I wish we could be "potentially signing" players with surnames that were easy to pronounce. Who else is out there we could bid for with tricky surnames???

I've always wanted Tresor Lomana Lua Lua. Big name player. :innocent06:

I'm sure it will be these two to be honest the mifsud deal is all but complete and i cant see GJ being rash and calling of the moteab deal.

The sooner we get these two the better beacuse i am starting to get a little concerned about other areas.

.......like a centre-half. We have neglected this area in our search for a goalscorer. Vasko gone, granted he was cover, fonts and McCombe injured, didn't Skuse fill in today? We need one for sure..........

I shouldnt be telling you this as I have heard it from an inside source but I can reveal we will sign Fernando Torres and Robinho early next week.

Watch this space :whistle:

Seriously though anyone think Maynard is still a possibility?

Rumour coming from the bar at Bournemouth is that both the Meteb and Mifsud deals are dead, Meteb for obvious reasons, and Mifsud cause he wants too much money.

That must mean two new names.

johnson has just said on the radio that mifsud and his mrs were shown around bristol this weekend to see if she likes it... i think this one is almost a nailed on cert..

Rumour coming from the bar at Bournemouth is that both the Meteb and Mifsud deals are dead, Meteb for obvious reasons, and Mifsud cause he wants too much money.

That must mean two new names.

You can let the people in the bar in Bournemouth know that GJ says Mifsud has agreed financial terms and we are just waiting for his wife's visit to Bristol.

If she's been living in Coventry for the last 18 months the deal is in the bag :whistle:

Just read the Radio Bristol thread and seems one of them will be Mifsud. Like I said, anyone think Maynard could be on his way. I would be totally over the moon if this was the case.

I think you might be on to something. It's fair to say most posters on here like the idea of Maynard coming and people at the club will be aware of that. So he would fit with a signing a lot of people would be excited about. Unproven in the Championship, but so were many of our current players a year ago.

I think you might be on to something. It's fair to say most posters on here like the idea of Maynard coming and people at the club will be aware of that. So he would fit with a signing a lot of people would be excited about. Unproven in the Championship, but so were many of our current players a year ago.

That did go through my mind. I know he would be unproven at this level but for a young player with such blatant ability I think he could handle the step-up.

Crewe want 2.5 million, ain't going to happen at that price

Then there's the Austria trip and the theory in the local media that he wants another big man (like Dele) to throw back into the mix (again).

I'm not convinced by this apparent 2 million-plus price tag.

Why not exactly? :disapointed2se:

As he isn't worth £2.5m. Why pay over the top for the sake of it? Ipswich are rumoured to have had a £1.75m offer rejected which in my opinion is suicide on Crewe's behalf.

If £1.5m will get you an international pedigree striker(Mifsud) who is proven at this level then that is in the better option in my opinion.

i was a little confused about the radio bristol interview, because there was gj saying that the Motæb deal isnt totally dead, and yet he was saying that he wouldn't have settled in bristol - hence sounding like it WAS dead!!!

as for me i think it will be mifsud and an unknown foreigner.

but i won't find out for a couple of weeks because I'm on holiday in switzerland!!! :crying:

anyone know if the swiss do internet cafes? :sign09::surrender:

Archived