IGNORED

Gary Hopeful Of Two New Strikers

Evy11_BCFC

As he isn't worth £2.5m. Why pay over the top for the sake of it? Ipswich are rumoured to have had a £1.75m offer rejected which in my opinion is suicide on Crewe's behalf.

If £1.5m will get you an international pedigree striker(Mifsud) who is proven at this level then that is in the better option in my opinion.

I can't believe how so many people see just over a year at Coventry and 10 league goals in his only full season as proven at this level. He's quick, very quick, and is probably good value at what we are paying for him but we have to accept that he may just be another 10 goal championship striker. In fact he may just be another Ivan Sproule.

Proven at this level comes at a much higher price (£3-5m) so we are always going to be looking at unproven or not quite proven. One of the reasons so many were excited at the Metab deal was that they could see a chance of signing someone capable of 20+ goals at this level for the money we can afford to pay.

I can't believe how so many people see just over a year at Coventry and 10 league goals in his only full season as proven at this level. He's quick, very quick, and is probably good value at what we are paying for him but we have to accept that he may just be another 10 goal championship striker. In fact he may just be another Ivan Sproule.

Proven at this level comes at a much higher price (£3-5m) so we are always going to be looking at unproven or not quite proven. One of the reasons so many were excited at the Metab deal was that they could see a chance of signing someone capable of 20+ goals at this level for the money we can afford to pay.

You have to keep in mind also that he has scored against such teams as Norway, Denmark, Turkey, Albania and 5 in one game vs Liechtenstein (which England were only able to win against them by two goals). All this was done playing with Malta which are not exactly Brazil.

two NEW strikers... if thats the case mateb woudnt be NEW, which to me means he isnt coming.

it would seem mifsud and some bloke from austria.

some fans will be setting themselves up for a big disappointment.

or maybe... its a way of diverting the attention away so there will not be endless questions about mateb at the Q&A tomorrow?

You have to keep in mind also that he has scored against such teams as Norway, Denmark, Turkey, Albania and 5 in one game vs Liechtenstein (which England were only able to win against them by two goals). All this was done playing with Malta which are not exactly Brazil.

I don't doubt that and think he has the ability to do well.

What I was questioning was describing him as proven in the Championship. In comparing him to other transfer targets many on here have said they prefer Mifsud as he is proven at this level. I just don't think he is. Yet.

Given a couple of years up front and 30-40 goals he'll be proven and a £3m+ player. But there is a risk he will do no better for us than he has for Coventry and we shouldn't be blind to it.

:city: didnt sit well with me

having a

black arab playing for the city :city: (its a joke)

Mod edit: Before the reported post emails start bombarding the mods inboxes, for the uninitiated, tower crane red is making a pun aimed at the Bristol Rovers Black Arab fanzine and has nothing to do with Metab's ethnicity!!.......(I Hope)

:city: didnt sit well with me

having a

black arab playing for the city :city:

Mod edit: Before the reported post emails start bombarding the mods inboxes, for the uninitiated, tower crane red is making a pun aimed at the Bristol Rovers Black Arab fanzine and has nothing to do with Metab's ethnicity!!.......(I Hope)

Not another thread about Marcus Bloody Stewart!!!

The reason, in my humble opinion, why it definately WON'T be Maynard, is the simple fact is he played for Crewe this afternoon. If he were the one, and the deal was close to being acceptable to Crewe, then surely they wouldn't have risked him 1.5-2.5m is A LOT of money to any L1 side.

(Did nothing at Newcastle but probably more down to not getting a chance)

I'm still worried that nothing will happen. However if we do land these 2, I will feel like throwing a party!

Very weak joke on my part. Long name/big name player. I know. :coat:

Sounded a bit strange, said Metab deal aint dead yet but he isnt one of the strikers weve bid on and hopeful of getting, think if these two new ones come of it is dead but if only one then he may try to resurect the Metab deal, thats how i read it anyway

The reason, in my humble opinion, why it definately WON'T be Maynard, is the simple fact is he played for Crewe this afternoon. If he were the one, and the deal was close to being acceptable to Crewe, then surely they wouldn't have risked him 1.5-2.5m is A LOT of money to any L1 side.

Good point.

But at least he didn't parade around in a City shirt on Friday and then play for Crewe today ..... :noexpression:

I think Meteb is now one of those spinning plates now. I was really excited about Meteb, This other signing must be something special if I am to be just as excited, However as this striker was not our number one target I highly doubt we will all be as excited as we were about Meteb unfortunately. We still need that fox in the box and if we do sign these two strikers and then also Meteb then that will leave us with 6 strikers, Last season we didn't have enough strikers and now we could find we have too many!

Or maybe it is just one big massive conspiracy and Meteb will sign and all will be forgotten.

Just seen GJ interview...Meteb deal is off by all accounts.

So that will be Mifsud and one other then...

I agree. Meteb deal definitely sounds off. Mifsud a distinct possibility. Hopefully Mrs M saw The Mall on a quiet day as the whole world seemed to be on the M5. The other signing may well be coming from Europe, excluding UK, of course.

If she's been living in Coventry for the last 18 months the deal is in the bag :whistle:

Stratford upon Avon, Leamington, Warwick, Kenilworth, Meridan, Balsall Common and a fair few other places within a few miles of Coventry and the some of the suburbs around Cov and very pleasant, I lived there a couple of years after College, sorta just after WWII

Stratford upon Avon, Leamington, Warwick, Kenilworth, Meridan, Balsall Common and a fair few other places within a few miles of Coventry and the some of the suburbs around Cov and very pleasant, I lived there a couple of years after College, sorta just after WWII

and you say it was nice just after WWII... blimey.. you are easy to please!

Anyway, more to the point.. not a patch on Barrow Gurney, Clevedon, Wrington, Blagdon or Nempnett Thrubwell. OOhhh arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I was watching Sky Sports News and they were interviewing the Crewe manager before their game with Hull and he was asked about having to be a selling club and he said that Maynard was probably the next to go. Crewe just signed a Leeds striker for £150k - the thought crossed my mind about him for us but know f. all about him so will just wait and see.

i was a little confused about the radio bristol interview, because there was gj saying that the Motæb deal isnt totally dead, and yet he was saying that he wouldn't have settled in bristol - hence sounding like it WAS dead!!!

as for me i think it will be mifsud and an unknown foreigner.

but i won't find out for a couple of weeks because I'm on holiday in switzerland!!! :crying:

anyone know if the swiss do internet cafes? :sign09::surrender:

Well i'm off to Turkey for 2 weeks on monday, so they better have bloody internet cafes there.

I can't believe it,the City's possible transfer targets situation is actually going to affect my holiday! :noexpression:

Hopefully Meteb deal is still ongoing, otherwise i've wasted a fiver on my Eygpt flag! :noexpression:

I would like to see Maynard and Mifsud among our strikeforce next season. And another 'big man' from outside UK seems promising.

Maybe his surname begins with M aswell. Maynard, Mifsud, Meteb....What other M striker are we going to be linked with? :cool2:

I've heard, which is totally unsubstantiated from an old mate from Leeds ...... that we are after Jermaine Beckford.

I've heard his attitude is a wee bit of a weakness with Beckford. If this is the case I don't think he will be joining. If we do sign him it wont be an exciting signing in my opinion.

Well i'm off to Turkey for 2 weeks on monday, so they better have bloody internet cafes there.

I can't believe it,the City's possible transfer targets situation is actually going to affect my holiday! :noexpression:

Hopefully Meteb deal is still ongoing, otherwise i've wasted a fiver on my Eygpt flag! :noexpression:

I would like to see Maynard and Mifsud among our strikeforce next season. And another 'big man' from outside UK seems promising.

Maybe his surname begins with M aswell. Maynard, Mifsud, Meteb....What other M striker are we going to be linked with? :cool2:

I'm off to switzerland for two weeks tomorrow mate. so the swiss best have internet cafes, otherwise I'm going to go mad!!!!

:unsure::shutup:

I know Tyson was supposed to be off the list - but maybe our offer of £750K has remained on the table and now that Forest have signed Garner (£1.3M) in addition to the other 2 ( Earshaw was £2 mill+ I recall and Cole will be on big wages) they will be wanting to recoup some cash and may be willing to take a more realistic offer for Tyson.

I really don't see it being Meteb -

I'll go with Mifsud and Tyson.

If not Tyson then an Austrian striker

CR

Archived