IGNORED

Marc Janko

dargla

A tall but injury-prone striker, Janko started his career playing at the traditional club Admira Wacker from Mödling, Lower Austria. After successful years he came to Red Bull Salzburg. He was one of the most important players for the team and in the end of the 2005 season he scored 11 goals in 10 matches.

He started the 2008/2009 season in great fashion, scoring 5 goals in the first 2 games.

• Admin
An Austrian Bundesliga club plays 36 games a season - if he joined during Pre-Season in 2005 and that good ol' unreliable wikipedia is accurate, he has played 42 out of a potential 108 games.

According to the official Redbull Salzburg website he's actually played 54 games (or half of all their league games) for them in the Bundesliga. With a few strikers with lower squad numbers than him it's also conceivable that he wasn't always first choice when fit so may not have missed all those games through injury.

Completely off thread topic but; Were we not after D Riordan :noexpression: from Celtic a while back or not; They want a Mill but Burnley look favourites??

25 year old Austrian striker, very tall and knows were the net is.

well if it is him, i bet GJ's muttering unpleasantries about the forums highlighting players again ......... although, i've never heard of this lad ......

maybe we should make up some players to confuse outsider forum watchers ....... and see if they appear in the evil post

:icecream:

Completely off thread topic but; Were we not after D Riordan :noexpression: from Celtic a while back or not; They want a Mill but Burnley look favourites??

I reckon the thinking is Riordan is no longer good enough. I think the likes of Meteb and Janko are a class above him IMO. Looking at the way Janko takes his goals I reckon he might be valued higher than Meteb. That sort of info, released if we get him and indeed IF Gary is after him, will allay those fans who love to rant and finally bury the disappointment of not getting Meteb.. IF we do not get him. Janko or otherwise I think who ever comes in, if Meteb does not, will be a massive signing.

The fitness question is obviously something the City staff will have looked at and satisfied themselves about.

Interesting that he doesn't seem to have played for Austria for a couple of years (because of the injuries?). They were horribly short of goals at Euro 2008.

Still, I see from one of the vids he can take penalties while on his crutches . . . .

Archived