4 Flag of Germany Carsten Jancker SV Mattersburg 12

Flag of Albania Hamdi Salihi SV Ried 12

6 Flag of Austria Sanel Kuljic FK Austria Wien 11

Flag of Austria Christian Mayrleb LASK Linz 11

Flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina Samir Muratovic SK Sturm Graz 11

9 Flag of Austria Erwin Hoffer SK Rapid Wien 10

Flag of Germany Steffen Hofmann SK Rapid Wien 10

Carsten Jancker looks unlikely though.

Carsten Jancker would be great but surely his career is winding down now?

A great player a few years back, Champions League quality

Yes but not a name that SL would struggle with.

What about Muratovic?

edit 32 yo, and for one club scored 5 goals in 104 apps!!!

Yes but not a name that SL would struggle with.

What about Muratovic?

edit 32 yo, and for one club scored 5 goals in 104 apps!!!

Yep, and according to Wiki, Haas is 34 in september, so I wouldnt be too convinced that it is him either.

FC Basle played on wednesday night, that cant be really far from Austria, and Derdiyok plays for them.... (sorry about me going on about him, he is probably a mile out of our price range, but:-

a) Eren Derdiyok might be halfway difficult for SL to pronounce,

b) He is exciting, and a striker, and comes from europe,

c) That is about as close at austria as GJ is going to get on wednesday to see a game, not including the austrian league game mentioned above.

d) I am dreaming.

a lot of second guessing going on here. makes it all the more interesting.

an arsenal youngster sounds like a good shout by Taunton.

of course we have no idea if Gary slipped across the border into either Hungary, Slovakia or Slovenia by road after he landed in Austria.. you have to spread the net wider and see who was playing matches in places like Budapest, Bratislava or Maribor in Slovenia. Flights into Slovenia are only direct from Stansted. he may have flown to graz or vienna from bristol or b'ham and nipped across. I love these treasure hunts.

He was never ever ever great. He like every other aging ex Bayern striker is lighting up the Austrian league, that's nto a good sign of its quality.

• SC&T Board Members
Anyone know exactly when GJ was their??? Arsenal played on Tues 22nd, SL said its an Exciting signing so anyone else thinking its an Arsenal youngster on a seasons long loan???

Actually, they played in Hungary - but it's only next door.

If GJ wasn't at Hereford, then this does open up the window a bit and can include the friendlies played by visiting teams on the 22nd ... which does indeed put Nuremberg in play. They were relegated last season, so their more ambitious players may want away.

Actually, they played in Hungary - but it's only next door.

If GJ wasn't at Hereford, then this does open up the window a bit and can include the friendlies played by visiting teams on the 22nd ... which does indeed put Nuremberg in play. They were relegated last season, so their more ambitious players may want away.

If it's Robert Vittek, i'd go crazy with excitement. And if Ipwich didn't want to pay Charisteas's crazy wages i don't think we will either. I think Nuremburg strikers are a dead end tbh.

Did GJ definitely see a match? And is this definitely about a striker? And why am i asking questions none of us know the answer too?

• SC&T Board Members
If it's Robert Vittek, i'd go crazy with excitement. And if Ipwich didn't want to pay Charisteas's crazy wages i don't think we will either. I think Nuremburg strikers are a dead end tbh.

Did GJ definitely see a match? And is this definitely about a striker? And why am i asking questions none of us know the answer too?

Ivan Saenko is harder to say ... but not that hard and he didn't play on the 22nd.

Do we know for a fact GJ is looking for a target man, i cant remember if hes said so or not? :dunno:

With the Latvian connection it is a very good shout and a player which i would get excited about, would be real class although if it is a target man its not going to be him.

Do we know for a fact GJ is looking for a target man, i cant remember if hes said so or not? :dunno:

With the Latvian connection it is a very good shout and a player which i would get excited about, would be real class although if it is a target man its not going to be him.

Confirms in this article that the player is a target man:

Link

Confirms in this article that the player is a target man:

Link

There is no quote there though... Only journo's filling in teh gaps. Until GJ says "target man" we have no clue. Unless ofc, we trust the journo!

• SC&T Board Members
GJ was in the stand v hereford. It's on the world video with SL.

In that case we're back to the Wednesday evening game in Austria. How about a 6' 3" 24-year old international forward with 23 caps for his country?

Archived