IGNORED

Arrogance

wookey

Do I detect the whiff of arrogance and a belief in one's own publicity?

Maeteb stepped out of line and was seemingly dismissed in a fit of pique; no apparent attempt at negotiation and reconciliation despite Colin S enthusing over his quality/value.

Now we have Mifsud seemingly being told to 'take it or leave it'; after that given a chance elsewhere he will leave it.

We have now left it so late we will get the dregs; if anyone.

Where is the management skill?

I hope that I am wrong.

Do I detect the whiff of arrogance and a belief in one's own publicity?

Maeteb stepped out of line and was seemingly dismissed in a fit of pique; no apparent attempt at negotiation and reconciliation despite Colin S enthusing over his quality/value.

Now we have Mifsud seemingly being told to 'take it or leave it'; after that given a chance elsewhere he will leave it.

We have now left it so late we will get the dregs; if anyone.

Where is the management skill?

I have to say the exact same thoughts have crossed my mind. Lets hope that we don't end up without anyone signing.

There is a danger that Bristol City could get a reputation as difficult to do buisness with and that could put agents, players off the possibility of entering into negociations with the club.

The idea of us making a "take it or leave it" Mifsud offer is not true as SteveL's statement yesterday should make clear. Terms have been agreed, he just wanted to show his missus around Bristol apparently. That doesn't mean that Palace can't steal him, until the ink is dry anyone can, but it doesn't support this idea of arrogance.

The only club coming out of the Meteb fiasco looking difficult to do business with is Ahly - no European club would have even dreamt of selecting the player in a similar situation. I would have thought cancelling the deal an over reaction but for GJ's comments - reading between the lines it's quite clear that the reason we pulled out was because of the undue influence his lying sod of an agent had over him. The only thing we did wrong there IMO is carrying on after the first fax was made public.

I've got a feeling he's going to Palace, They can without doubt offer him better wages, being in London is also a bonus considering he's from Malta and also they have a very good manager who's managed in the prem.......and I'd imagine will manage there again with Palace.

Eh whats this ? a pessamistic point of view ? change the record old son!!!

If he chooses to go to Palace then sod him

The key to us doing so well, has been having 20 blokes who actually want to play for City

If his head is turned by Colin and his orange mate than so be it !

I've got a feeling he's going to Palace, They can without doubt offer him better wages, being in London is also a bonus considering he's from Malta and also they have a very good manager who's managed in the prem.......and I'd imagine will manage there again with Palace.

i got the feeling he will be joining us today cant see why u lot have a complet lack of trust in are manegment to get things done plus why do you all think palace is better than us dident we nock them out of the playoffs :disapointed2se:

i got the feeling he will be joining us today cant see why u lot have a complet lack of trust in are manegment to get things done plus why do you all think palace is better than us dident we nock them out of the playoffs :disapointed2se:

Because Despite beating them in a play-offs and being the better team of those 2 games, they are without a doubt a bigger club than us at the current time.

They are a firmly established Top Championship Club who has spent many seasons playing Premier League Football, whereas we have spent all but the last season wasted the last decade playing in the lower league.

One Seasons Success doesn't make a big difference

Archived