IGNORED

Will We Get Our Man Today? (merged)

pidge

What about the other 200 days per year they seem to be unhelpful, grumpy barstewards? How do you explain that one away? If you work in Customer Service you are supposed to be helpful in all circumstances - no excuses, end of story, full stop.

In all fairness.

I was always happy and helpful when I worked there...mind you it was the eighties and they were a bit of a blur :innocent06:

What about the other 200 days per year they seem to be unhelpful, grumpy barstewards? How do you explain that one away? If you work in Customer Service you are supposed to be helpful in all circumstances - no excuses, end of story, full stop.

In all fairness.

I think it's all about "captive audience".

If you get snubbed at say Somerfields or B&Q you can always go to Asda or Homebase.

Where are we going to go, Whorefield !!

In all fairness.

This is to truebrit as well... fair points. cannot argue with them. I was only trying to justify, in any way possible, why someone might have made a very slight remark considered not particularly friendly. I must be lucky because I have found telephone and in person the staff are almost always really helpful. In fact, if there is ever a grump out there i make it my mission to try and get a smile out of them before i leave the shop.

one thing i do notice though is that in any given shop when you give your money and they give the product/service the natural reaction in the UK is for the buyer to say thank you and the seller to sort of grunt a reply. i make a point of not saying anything unless they say thank you first. if nothing i say nothing. I have had one or two weird looks i must say... bizarre heh? :noexpression: I am giving you money, you are making a profit and you want me to thank you?... p--s off.

I think Michael Mifsuds wiki page might be a tad ambitious....

'Bristol City had a bid for Mifsud accepted in July 2008. He will undergo a medical this week, and has agreed personal terms, rumoured to be in the region of £30k per week'

Archived