IGNORED

Will We Get Our Man Today? (merged)

pidge

I'm sure it will be today. I think what we as fans have to start realising is that transfers are not completed in a day unless we are at deadline day and even then things have been in the pipeline for a while.

Transfers go back and forth until everything is finalised. Look at Keanes transfer to Liverpool that was spoken about 3-4 weeks ago and only went through yesterday. I think we all need to take a trip to a pub, relax and let GJ and Sl do all the negotiating with the transfers.

So other clubs have been getting transfers announced it doesn't mean we have been trying any less, what we do know by now is that GJ will only bring players to this club if they gell with the team ethos. So although we can spout players off two to the dozen I am sure they will all of been on the GJ list and as he works through them one by one he crosses through them if he feels it is not right for Bristol City Football Club and that is the main thing being right for BCFC.

In GJ we trust!

May be both new strikers are to be announced today or is that just me being stupid? :noexpression:

Give us fans a huge boost after the last 2 weeks (or 3 months as it seems)!!

I'm in the positive camp today. I don't think anyone else has put a bid in for Mifsud or we would have heard about it on their official site like they did with our offer. Probably just a few 'i's crossed and 't's dotted or something along those lines that takes a bit longer and he'll be our player today - hopefully with the other unknown striker who isn't Janko

B E L I E V E !

3 clubs interested palarse , us and norwich it cant be palarse because they denied it cant b norwich because there skint so its cov holding the deal up

Roeder has gone to press saying they will be signing a striker within the next 48 hours. Might be, might not be, just stating.

Hasn't Coleman stated that the Coventry end is completed?

Just got back from the gate after purchasing my tickets for the Antwerp game on Friday.

Originally told no tickets for Eastend then after getting 5 for the Ateyo told i could have Eastend asked to change tickets and after a lot of huffing and puffing got them changed.

Any how whilst I was waiting asked if there was any news on our new signing only to get an abrut "NO", not the friendliest bunch. :disapointed2se:

Just got back from the gate after purchasing my tickets for the Antwerp game on Friday.

Originally told no tickets for Eastend then after getting 5 for the Ateyo told i could have Eastend asked to change tickets and after a lot of huffing and puffing got them changed.

Any how whilst I was waiting asked if there was any news on our new signing only to get an abrut "NO", not the friendliest bunch. :disapointed2se:

IN ALL FAIRNESS.. they have probably been asked that same question 745 times this past week alone. I suspect you would sound a bit of a grump if that were you.

IN ALL FAIRNESS.. they have probably been asked that same question 745 times this past week alone. I suspect you would sound a bit of a grump if that were you.

Nah not me mate allways happy..... :innocent06:

If you work in a football related industry you would expect to get asked football related questions a smile and a polite reponse costs nowt. We do after all pay thier wages :surrender:

Any hows point I was making was still no news.

What about the other 200 days per year they seem to be unhelpful, grumpy barstewards? How do you explain that one away? If you work in Customer Service you are supposed to be helpful in all circumstances - no excuses, end of story, full stop.

In all fairness.

I believe Mifsud is still holding out for better terms (i.e. more money!)

Mifsud is 27 or 28 and BCFC is where he will make the highest living of his footballing career, it is not unusual that he tries to make as much as he can.

Anyway best wishes, i expect it to conclude within the next day or 2.

Archived