IGNORED

Evil Post

big p

I'm fairley new to this forum and ive noticed a lot of people calling the evining post EVIL POST.please can you tell me why.

That's its real name.

There is a bias against BCFC and pro BRFC that keeps recurring.

A couple of examples from last season including bringing up the City players' affray convictions in a totally unrelated story, and seriously downplaying gasheads attacking Swindon fans in Gloucester Road pubs.

I ve noticed a bias towards the gas in terms of collumn inches,eg. City has some important news and gets a little bit on the bottom of the back page.Then the gas the gets rest of the back page reguarding the tea lady retireing.to be honest i thought i was paranoid but it seems I'm not.

That's its real name.

A couple of examples from last season including bringing up the City players' affray convictions in a totally unrelated story, and seriously downplaying gasheads attacking Swindon fans in Gloucester Road pubs.

Or David Pipes alleged attack on a City fan

That's its real name.

So true.

Some numpty takes a swing at Orr and it's plastered all over the front page dragging Orr's name through the dirt even though he was the victim, then Rovers thugs go tooled up to the Inn on the Green and batter some Swindon Town fans enjoying a quiet beer and it's reported as little more than a scuffle!

Not to mention bringing the name of Bristol City FC into reports when someone is attacked miles from the ground on playoff final day, even if it did state it wasnt connected - why mention us at all?

The difference in reporting on the two clubs is scandalous.

Police wade in mob handed at Cardiff away for no reason - City fans made out to be thugs.

Rovers chavs visit the Inn on the green at Swindon and try to smash the hell out of women and children - swept under the carpet and nothing more ever said or written about it.

It sucks that the local newspapers are unable to get behind the only team in the city that can actually raise the profile of the area as a whole. Due to their own alleigances, they would rather try and paint a negative image of the premier team in Bristol.

I don't buy the rag because they are the EVIL Post.

Luckily though, they have no bearing on how the club performs and we will continue onwards and upwards without their support / backing.

CTID

Because 95 per cent of their stories start out from rumours on here because their reporters really are that lazy and inept at what they do along with all the other reasons listed on this thread. They are scumbags.

Arn't all gasheads

We used to have really decent reports from the EP a way back by Peter Godsiff, a talented and articulate reporter who always seemed to strive for objective and balanced copy - days long gone I'm afraid especially with the present encumbent Herr Gruppenführer Shitehausen.

We used to have really decent reports from the EP a way back by Peter Godsiff, a talented and articulate reporter who always seemed to strive for objective and balanced copy - days long gone I'm afraid especially with the present encumbent Herr Gruppenführer Shitehausen.

Before Godsiff though, the EP seemed biased against City. Late 60s, early 70s City were struggling against relegation and on transfer deadline day, Alan Dicks got hold of a defender from Wolves and a midfielder from Coventry (both top div teams at the time). The Evening Post editorial (instead of complimenting the City Manager), stated thiat Alan Dicks was using his contacts in the game to give City an UNFAIR advantage over their relegation rivals.

Really. What was said?

It was along the lines of them jumping ahead in the clubs transfer dealing with Mifsud, stating he would make his debut at Bournemouth then a few paragraphs later stating the deal had hit a "snag".

I don't know any City fans that actually believe what's written in there. They get all their transfer rumours etc from this forum!

There is a gas head who keeps having a go at City everytime there is something positive in there rag, all this is done on line, so I decided to give this toe rag some back, and now I cannot respond at all to anything because they have blanked my postings, I was not offensive, but guess what he is still posting.No supprise.

Archived