IGNORED

The Leap To The Prem

reddogkev

Last season was a miracle when you consider how close we were to the Premier League, because hand on heart, we all know our team did not have the quality in the places it mattered most (namely goalscorers), to warrant promotion.

In all honesty, I don't believe we will see city go as close as that again for 5/6 years minimum.

This pre-season has made it perfectally clear we have no realistic chance of such a feat, until the below happens:

* We are prepared to spend considerably more then £1.5 million on a player.

* Our salary structure can permit us to pay 10/15 thousand pounds per week for a player

* Our club is prepared to accept that there will always be an element of risk when trying to signing a perceived 'bigger player' as the modern game is full of stars who are arrogant, disloyal, over demanding - but sometimes those risks are necessary to bring in the bit of extra quality that can make all the difference.

I cannot see the above criteria being met for a long time, which leads me to believe the Premier League will be out of our reach for the forseeable future.

However this is not a bad thing, as the championship is a fantastic league (hundred times better then the dross of league 1!)

Let's all enjoy another campaign in the CCC, and if we finish mid table, who cares?

Last season was a miracle when you consider how close we were to the Premier League, because hand on heart, we all know our team did not have the quality in the places it mattered most (namely goalscorers), to warrant promotion.

In all honesty, I don't believe we will see city go as close as that again for 5/6 years minimum.

This pre-season has made it perfectally clear we have no realistic chance of such a feat, until the below happens:

* Our salary structure can permit us to pay 10/15 thousand pounds per week for a player

* Our club is prepared to accept that there will always be an element of risk when trying to signing a perceived 'bigger player' as the modern game is full of stars who are arrogant, disloyal, over demanding - but sometimes those risks are necessary to bring in the bit of extra quality that can make all the difference.

I cannot see the above criteria being met for a long time, which leads me to believe the Premier League will be out of our reach for the forseeable future.

However this is not a bad thing, as the championship is a fantastic league (hundred times better then the dross of league 1!)

Let's all enjoy another campaign in the CCC, and if we finish mid table, who cares?

I wuld be happy with a mid table finish no doubht but as last seasons championship proved anything can happen and to write us off on the 29th of july would be very naive.

Give it a couple of weeks and a couple of strikers and it will change everyones views.

But our best players last season - Elliott, Basso and Orr didnt cost £1m each?

Granted strikers are more expensive but our best striker last year cost nowt as well!

Light years?? wrong 90 mins away, i know people may get narked off with what seems like a lack of ambition not paying more than 1.5 for a player but footies changed and GJ said himself about it being a lot of money! if we start paying over the odds and pandering to agents then i have two words for you LUTON TOWN,

We all want the players in now and so do GJ & SL but remember the window don't shut till the end of aug, so when that day comes and GJ is happy with the players he has manged to get in, then thats good enough for me!

in times like this as a fan you just gotta keep the faith

You could spend £££'s on players

And have a XI of all stars

But that doesn't mean that they will win every game?

You still need Togetherness,friendship and all the rest of it

That's why i think GJ as been the key to our success

He has brought in the right players with the right attitude

And one's that won't disrupt the changing room with their big ego

Think of a team of Louis Carey's and one of Leroy Lita's

Lita will cost how ever much more

Doesn't mean he will create success

Now Carey,

Carey does

Archived