IGNORED

Well Done Gj....other Managers Take Note !

rayer

About time a football manager had the balls to basically say

' Yes, you are a good player, but you are not interested in the shirt, you just want the cash and ready to jump ship for more cash, get lost'

If more football managers had the backbone like this man, we wouldnt see the game riddled with mercenaries, clubs in debt and expensive tickets. Is this why so many of his ex-players are willing to come back and play for him.

I for one applaud him, and hope this is a start a revolution of manager/club power defeating the stupidity of player power at the moment which is destroying the game we love.

:clapping:

' Yes, you are a good player, but you are not interested in the shirt, you just want the cash and ready to jump ship for more cash, get lost'

If more football managers had the backbone like this man, we wouldnt see the game riddled with mercenaries, clubs in debt and expensive tickets. Is this why so many of his ex-players are willing to come back and play for him.

I for one applaud him, and hope this is a start a revolution of manager/club power defeating the stupidity of player power at the moment which is destroying the game we love.

That's one way of looking at it. The other is that while we are taking the moral high ground, other teams are buying all these "good" players, while we end up with whatever is left and ultimately struggle. But hey, at least we have principles.

That's one way of looking at it. The other is that while we are taking the moral high ground, other teams are buying all these "good" players, while we end up with whatever is left and ultimately struggle. But hey, at least we have principles.

Clubs don't appear to be scambling to sign Meteb or Mifsud though?

And Jermaine Easter isn't exactly setting the world of football alight.

I for one applaud him, and hope this is a start a revolution of manager/club power defeating the stupidity of player power at the moment which is destroying the game we love

So if we get relegated cause we don't score enough goals you will be happy because "at least the manager took a stance".and Crystal palace sign him and get the goals to get promoted.You must be naive to think other managers are going to take a stance.Its a money business and as long you get up thats all that matters.

So if we get relegated cause we don't score enough goals you will be happy because "at least the manager took a stance".and Crystal palace sign him and get the goals to get promoted.You must be naive to think other managers are going to take a stance.Its a money business and as long you get up thats all that matters.

Read what Colin said. He has not bid for him and never will. Wonder why? It is not just about principles, though I am proud that in an increasingly corrupt game we still have some, but practicality. Should we spend £1.5m on a player who is likely to walk away at the earliest opportunity?

Look, when we need a new employee we look at their CV's. Some of them are really impressive and the person will clearly be more than capable of doing the job. We still interview then though. Why? Because we want to know THEY WILL FIT IN with the team we already have - if we don't think they will then they don't get the job. Why should football be any different?

Look, when we need a new employee we look at their CV's. Some of them are really impressive and the person will clearly be more than capable of doing the job. We still interview then though. Why? Because we want to know THEY WILL FIT IN with the team we already have - if we don't think they will then they don't get the job. Why should football be any different?

Exactly. I look at attitude before qualifications when I recruit. Are they enthusiastic, team workers, keen to learn and improve, self motivated? If they have those qualities I may take them ahead of better qualified people without them. Knowledge and skills can be learned. Attitude is much harder to change.

or look at it this way, you sign all these players wanting crazy money and next year your season ticket is £800, when the club doesnt perform well, they pack their bags and leave . Swings and roundabouts in this modern expensive game. :blink:

It shouldn't, but we all know that it will never happen. For one club to take a stance such as this, on the basis of principle is, in my opinion professional suicide.

So if we get relegated cause we don't score enough goals you will be happy because "at least the manager took a stance".

Happier than you would be if we went bust cos we played lots of big time charlies who didn't care about the club.

Wake up,Look at Eric cantonas cv,he helped make united what they are today.Football is a fickle world,you honestly expect a player to commit the rest of his career to a club he don't even know.Football is not reality.

surely there is someone at the club who can give a player a rollickin if things arent right, god not that soft are we. Or do we have to sign "yes men" can remmember a certain man u pair (sorry for that example) not getting on staff have to have skills to sort things out. friendship and a happy dressing room and sir gary who i have the upmost respect for and the lads who made us proud last year will only get you so far a few mavericks are good for a team someones got to say the kings got no cloths on sometimes.

Wake up,Look at Eric cantonas cv,he helped make united what they are today.Football is a fickle world,you honestly expect a player to commit the rest of his career to a club he don't even know.Football is not reality.

Not the rest of his career, but all least the contract he is going to sign, hence GJ realising that this guy would not, and dropped the deal immediately. Between the lines, when Mifsud said he liked the city over the weekend, this was taken as 'I will sign' hence the announcement.

This must of got the player/agent panicing as they were obviousley looking for a better deal cashwise, from either BCFC or another club. He wasnt bothered about who he played for, just wanted the most money in his pocket. (and a nice wedge for his agent) This makes the manager think, Sod you, you don't want to commit to the club, theres the door you mercenary.

I totally agree,when someone is out of line they get a bollocking.Thats man management.Now ive got a lot of respect fo GJ but it seems he only wants to find yes men.there arnt many yes men who we can afford so unfortunatley we have got to sign players who we got to take a chance on.

Football not reality?? What is it then?

Not the rest of his career, but all least the contract he is going to sign, hence GJ realising that this guy would not, and dropped the deal immediately. Between the lines, when Mifsud said he liked the city over the weekend, this was taken as 'I will sign' hence the announcement.

This must of got the player/agent panicing as they were obviousley looking for a better deal cashwise, from either BCFC or another club. He wasnt bothered about who he played for, just wanted the most money in his pocket. (and a nice wedge for his agent) This makes the manager think, Sod you, you don't want to commit to the club, theres the door you mercenary.

Thats the point,athough i love this club,we are not by far the biggest in the league,so we either have to pay "top dollar" for the best players or take a chance on the so called mercenarys.If you think players are not in it for the money well you will be waiting for the perfect player for 1.5m.

We have never struggled under GJ, so we should respect his judgement for now.

If we have a mare because of the striker situation then fair play, but knowing the golden touch he has, i wouldnt be shocked if we challenged with what we have already...cue the abuse

But we're not struggling are we? We just finished 4th in the Championship and compared to 2 and half years ago (which many people seem to have forgotten) that's a major success imo. Whilst the likes of Wolves, Charlton, Leicester etc signed all these big name players we were better than them last season.

If they don't want to play for OUR club we don't want them here, well done the manager. Everyone is always moaning that the players are overpaid and over pampered, well we have a manager that is willing to take a stand and i am PROUD of that :yes: .

Well done Mr Johnson, you are a shining light to the rest of football. :yes:

Not all good players are only from the big leagues/clubs, or are just well known names. Gary has proved this with minimal funds. The best managers are the ones who get unknown talents and turn them into big names.

With the funds that he has now avaialble, he can also look at even more upcoming raw talent from lower leagues in many countries. He has proven to get the best out of a player who noone has ever heard of before, so just because he doesnt agree with the attitude of a player who thinks he should be paid a fortune every week, doesnt mean that he will not uncover a real gem in the very near future. ;)

But we're not struggling are we? We just finished 4th in the Championship and compared to 2 and half years ago (which many people seem to have forgotten) that's a major success imo. Whilst the likes of Wolves, Charlton, Leicester etc signed all these big name players we were better than them last season.

[/qu

Listen if we had signed a striker last season we wouldn't even be debating this.We would be in the Premier League end of.We need a striker to get us the goals.

I think if City went up, it would of been alot worse. We would be looking to strengthen as much of the field positions as possible, and now being a 'Premier League' side, there would of been a queue of mercinaries with their agents rubbing their hands all the way down the road.

Headlines would of been 'GJ decks another agent in City car park'

A question for the people who think we should have signed Mifsud and/or Meteb anyway.

Is it your opinion that GJ got his judgement wrong and these players are capable of the level of professionalism and commitment to the club that he expects or are you suggesting that he should expect a less professionalism and a lower level of commitment from some players because they have more natural talent than those we've signed in the past?

The way I see it is that Danny Wilson went down that latter road for about four years and we had absolutely no success, it was only when Gary Johnson demanded higher standards that we finally achieved promotion.

So Cheesey we are not allowed to question anything,

I haven't seen a single question from you. You've decided GJ and the club are wrong and that's the end of as far as you're concerned. You still haven't told me what football is if it's not reality.

So Cheesey fool,if GJ had signed Meteb and hes admitted he didnt want him to play that game,i suppose you and the rest of the lick asses would of been up in arms.asking for the managers head.Mate,brown nosers don't get anywhere in life.I think people like you should get a life and open your eyes

Hmm, you are so wrong. If you care to look through the millions of posts on Meteb, you will find one from me, very early on that Sunday evening, that says that I hoped he never pulled on a City shirt for playing against Zamalek - not everyone agreed with me - GJ and SL did though - funny that.

Archived