IGNORED

Maynard Signs

Evy11_BCFC

I would like to take this appologise to GJ questioning his managerial skills,hes the one i wanted ,young skillful,quick,ambitious.I don't mind having egg on my face.God i love this club but its bloody hard work.Cheers SL and GJ,bring them on

Nice interview with GJ on Sky. Sounded VERY chuffed. Said Maynard was like a breath of fresh air after Met and Mis. Said he's gone back to Crewe to get his boots and then back to Bristol tonight so he can play tomorrow.

Said there will be pressure to score goals but we've got the team to bring out the best in him.

Said he hasn't talked to the chairman about the budget but you sense there's another to come yet!

:fingerscrossed:

Cracking signing- I have no doubt he will be top quality for us and not a gamble at all. Hopefully this will help to silence the moaners (old man terry, f block etc)

well I'm glad to be put in my place. But always said i sapport gary 100%

what a signing i got my ticket and my dad got his and were taking my nephew tomarrow night to

SORRY TO GARY AND STEVE COME ON YOU REDS :dancing6::yahoo::city:

MMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD

DDD

WOW I'm HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm just upset I cant make the game tomorrow night.

Fantastic!

Got in from work, day-off tomorrow and what a way to start the long weekend!

As has been said before; had you lined-up all the targets we've been linked with/bid for/etc this summer Nicky Maynard would have been the top of my list everytime!

The price might be high, but then he is both the youngest and potentially most talented of the bunch in my view.

Says everything about how far we have come under Gary J, as I couldn't have imagined us being even close to signing a player of his pedigree the summer prior to this one.

Thank you GJ and SL. A great addition to a already good squad imo.

BELIEVE!

I'm more excited about signing Maynard than the other two put together and that has nothing to do with the water that has gone under the bridge. I remember seeing Maynard score a one on one against us for Crewe a couple of years ago and I turned round to my old man at that time and said that I rated the lad (not on the goal but on his whole performance). Him and Varney caused us a lot of problems that day (I know Varney has not set the world alight at Charlton, yet, but Maynard has always been more prolific).

Yes the critics may use the word "untried" but this lad has pace, is a quality finisher and has a goalscoring record which suggests to me that stepping up one division is not going to be a problem for him. AND he is English, has youth on his side and, most importantly, cannot wait to play for our football club rather than being some foreign mercenary after one last big pay day (before anyone cries racism I appreciate that not all foreigners are mercenaries - just the ones we go for!!).

Only one question to GJ - why didn't you save us all the panic and just sign Maynard on day one?

What a great signing, could be just the player we need to win this league!

Is that the highest transfer fee paid for a player in the Championship so far this summer?

I'm pretty sure Earnshaw cost slightly more.

I'm more excited about signing Maynard than the other two put together and that has nothing to do with the water that has gone under the bridge. I remember seeing Maynard score a one on one against us for Crewe a couple of years ago and I turned round to my old man at that time and said that I rated the lad (not on the goal but on his whole performance). Him and Varney caused us a lot of problems that day (I know Varney has not set the world alight at Charlton, yet, but Maynard has always been more prolific).

Yes the critics may use the word "untried" but this lad has pace, is a quality finisher and has a goalscoring record which suggests to me that stepping up one division is not going to be a problem for him. AND he is English, has youth on his side and, most importantly, cannot wait to play for our football club rather than being some foreign mercenary after one last big pay day (before anyone cries racism I appreciate that not all foreigners are mercenaries - just the ones we go for!!).

Only one question to GJ - why didn't you save us all the panic and just sign Maynard on day one?

Agree wholeheartedly, but I'd say in relation to your final point that it was a money/options thing.

It sounds like Meteb was number one, but having got caught in a winner-less bidding war for Maynard at the start of the summer I sense Crewe were more flexible this time around, as Ipswich have move targets.

Also sounds like GJ got a very good write up from the Crewe team, which is something that may have not taken place till later in the summer, so we can be thanful for having a manager good enough that other clubs sell him to their young talents!

Am pretty blissful this evening all told...

Agree wholeheartedly, but I'd say in relation to your final point that it was a money/options thing.

It sounds like Meteb was number one, but having got caught in a winner-less bidding war for Maynard at the start of the summer I sense Crewe were more flexible this time around, as Ipswich have move targets.

Also sounds like GJ got a very good write up from the Crewe team, which is something that may have not taken place till later in the summer, so we can be thanful for having a manager good enough that other clubs sell him to their young talents!

Am pretty blissful this evening all told...

I'm told there was a £1.75m bid for Maynard before the Meteb one (the club were originally hoping to sign both) but they were asked for £2.5m and thought that was a bit high. Since Meteb and then the backup of Mifsud didn't come off I guess they decided maybe the price wasn't as high as it originally appeared. If Maynard had been signed first then the headline would have read "Maynard was always number one" I'm sure :)

Just think. 3 years and two weeks ago we were the selling club in a deal like this one. Now we've got a player who has the potential to play at the top on a four year deal. It's a great time to be a City fan.

Archived