IGNORED

Maynard Signs

Evy11_BCFC

Nice interview with GJ on Sky. Sounded VERY chuffed. Said Maynard was like a breath of fresh air after Met and Mis. Said he's gone back to Crewe to get his boots and then back to Bristol tonight so he can play tomorrow.

Said there will be pressure to score goals but we've got the team to bring out the best in him.

Said he hasn't talked to the chairman about the budget but you sense there's another to come yet!

:fingerscrossed:

So NM is going back to Crewe to get his boots tonight :whistle2: , wonder if anyones offered to drive him there and back... :yawn:

My six year old son went racing down the stairs after we read the news on the main site and said "Mum, you won't believe this, we've just signed Nicky Maynard"

"Who's Nicky Maynard?" came the reply

"I don't know" said my son.

I thought it was funny anyway.

Haha!

Well done SL & GJ - great signing.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
get in there! I saw it all over yesterday wasn't getting my hopes up got back from work very very happy man now! Shows how far we have come to break our record fee for a young english man who has a bright future indeed!!

Definitely mate,i reckon that lansdown feels a bit of a c*** over the Mifsud deal(announcing to the fans hed signed and all that)

This has led me to believe as to why weve splashed out 2.25 mill on maynard

this is a statement to the fans who either believe in SL or don't!!!!

the guy is bcfc through&through(cant believe the amount of doubters just 24 hours previous!!!)

CITY TILL I ######* DIE......... :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

his mum!! she was there with him today and apparently she has a footballing brain too according to GJ...

But that is the sort of thing GJ would notice and appreciate coming from a footballing family himself. That would have impressed him more than Agents and Lawyers etc.

I have watched the interviews on world and the comments on the OS and he is so impressed about Maynard's enthusiasm, saying he is 'like a breath of fresh air'. He wants to play for us. Gj says Maynard is quite shy (no flash ego to deal with) and lets his football do the talking.

Exciting times I think, the feelgood factor has definitely kicked in since the announcement.

Archived