IGNORED

Strike Partnership

dezgimed

Maynard and Adebola I think.

Just NOT Brooker.

Eamer,

Given the fact you mention Brooker in every single post in a negative light, I have come to the conclusion that he has either done something to you personally, or you haven't actually seen him play when fit, or you haven't a clue about football.

Answers on the back of a postcard.

Regards.

It's going to be Adebola and Maynard, becasue they're the best we have right now. Dele's got the shirt IMO and if Brooker can win it off him great, but he'll have to do it off the bench. If of course he's even on the bench after we get this new target man in who of course with GJ's philosophy will be better than what we already have!

I think it's nailed on for Dele and Maynard to start if all are fit.

I agree, GJ will pick Adebola and Maynard. I personnally would like to see Trundle and maynard start the first game

Yep I agree totally with that. I really feel Trundle could be the player to get the best out of Maynard and get the forward line playing football again........ so much so TRUNDLE 23 is going on my new top!!!

Eamer,

Given the fact you mention Brooker in every single post in a negative light, I have come to the conclusion that he has either done something to you personally, or you haven't actually seen him play when fit, or you haven't a clue about football.

Regards.

I reckon it's resentment.... Eamer quite clearly has a huge crush on Sarahb and the quicker Brooks is out of the picture the quicker he can make his move... Makes perfect sense! What's my prize?!?

Eamer,

Regards.

Maybe Brooker has "touched" Eamer ?

Hopefully we will get to see Trundle and Adebola with Maynard tonight. Surprised so many people still rate Brooker tbh.

Because he is a good player. Pratically kept us up single handledly in League 1 and if you are good in League then you have an excellent chance of making it in the championship as players like Orr showed last season.

I think Gj's been (up to the point where we spent all the money on Maynard and maybe still if we get another striker) trying to improve the second target man position. Right now it's Brooker, if we had more cash it wouldn't be IMO.

I'm not sure that GJ's that sure about SB anymore either.

I think Gj's been (up to the point where we spent all the money on Maynard and maybe still if we get another striker) trying to improve the second target man position. Right now it's Brooker, if we had more cash it wouldn't be IMO.

I'm not sure that GJ's that sure about SB anymore either.

I think if he wasn't keen on Brooker he'd be long gone by now. I reckon he's looking at Adebola's age as a reason to bring in another target man.

Brooker can play either role up front but throughout his career seems to have formed strong goalscoring partnerships with quick strikers.

If Brooker is in the XI or on the bench behind Adebola against Blackpool that'll tell me that he's firmly in GJ's plans.

I think if he wasn't keen on Brooker he'd be long gone by now. I reckon he's looking at Adebola's age as a reason to bring in another target man.

Brooker can play either role up front but throughout his career seems to have formed strong goalscoring partnerships with quick strikers.

If Brooker is in the XI or on the bench behind Adebola against Blackpool that'll tell me that he's firmly in GJ's plans.

Certainly if he's in the 16 at the end of the transfer window i'll agree. I think one of Brooker and Trundle is very very vunerable.

We've yet to confirm that either can make the step up on a consistant basis though we have hope because of Trundle's end fo season and hope for Brooker because..because..

and hope for Brooker because..because..

I don't really understand how anyone who's actually watched him play for us over the last four or five years could doubt that he has the ability to compete at this level. Most of our squad made the step up and he was one of the best players in the league one squad. My only doubts are his fitness and whether he'll get a chance.

I don't really understand how anyone who's actually watched him play for us over the last four or five years could doubt that he has the ability to compete at this level. Most of our squad made the step up and he was one of the best players in the league one squad. My only doubts are his fitness and whether he'll get a chance.

Hence my assumption that Eamer hasn't seen Brooks in his glory days with LL, when he had a 1 in 2 goal scoring record.

Short memories. It wasnt long ago we were fretting over losing him to Norwich, who were ex Prem at the time...rumour or not we all knew he could make the step up.

As always when this comes up I say.

I think the attributes that make him good for league one won't survive the step up. I think he's too small, unfit and immobile to be a target man, and too slow/stupid (in football terms you people say a player is clever, Brooker IMO is the opposite) to be the player off the striker in this league.

I haven't seen the last couple of seasons regualrly, but then Steve's was MIA for that. Before then, i'm sorry but i think he's a good league one player but no more.

Because he is a good player. Pratically kept us up single handledly in League 1 and if you are good in League then you have an excellent chance of making it in the championship as players like Orr showed last season.

Still I don't think he should start ahead of Trundle and Adebola. There is nothing I know of which proves he is as good as he used to be, I think its too much of a risk.

Archived