Strike Partnership

dezgimed

Maynard

Brooker

Big Dele

Trundle

Plummer

That is a lovely set of clubs!

BTW anyone noticed that JMW is listed as a midfielder on the website? Maybe decided his future is on the wing after a decent season out there for Tranmere.

Good choice if true and could provide some raw compertition for McIndoe this year.

A fit Brooker and Maynard makes me touch myself.

With Trunds just behind.

:noexpression:

I read the top line and was worried at the state I was in, then I read the next sentence and I could no longer see my monitor... :noexpression:

Brooker and Maynard.

Brooker and Lita was a 50 goal partnership after all. Brooker is at his best when he plays with a quick forward who can force the opposition to defend deep, get to his link play and drag them all over the place.

Dele and Trunds on the bench.

With trundle just behind pushing through the gap, the box would be full of City.

Maynard will play with the second striker GJ wants to sign - a real powerhouse in their air so I'm told, who'll really put himself about and cause major problems. Maynard will be asked to play off him.

If we are going to sign a big target man i should imagine johnson wants to go with him, so in the meantime it will be dele and maynard so we can start playing to it.

if not then i would like to see brooker and maynard at home, infact if teams are going to defend deep enough at home then id even go for trundle and maynard

neber thought id say it :laugh:

Maynard will play with the second striker GJ wants to sign - a real powerhouse in their air so I'm told, who'll really put himself about and cause major problems. Maynard will be asked to play off him.

I doubt we will see a second striker after the fee we just paid for maynards wine gums.

Think GJ will now focus on defensive depth.

yeah ive heard another striker aswell

i wont be gutted if we don't get one though.

absolute top priority was a pacey finisher for me.

I think i even posted a question saying would people rather spend all (or nearly all) our budget on one awesome striker, or bring in a few cheaper but still 1st team players.

awesome striker won it hands down.

made up we have signed maynard. if these means that we have only 750k left to spend rather than 1.5m then so be it.

CMON YOU REDS

made up we have signed maynard. if these means that we have only 750k left to spend rather than 1.5m then so be it.

I don't think SL will work with fixed budgets like that. He'll judge a deal on it's merits.

If the manager wants a player that is going to cost more and it looks like good value I think he'd spend it anyway.

Although Maynard hasn't played at this level other than one game and cost more in some ways he's less of a financial risk than Mifsud because he will be 25 when his contract is up not 30.

I don't think SL will work with fixed budgets like that. He'll judge a deal on it's merits.

If the manager wants a player that is going to cost more and it looks like good value I think he'd spend it anyway.

Although Maynard hasn't played at this level other than one game and cost more in some ways he's less of a financial risk than Mifsud because he will be 25 when his contract is up not 30.

The way the transfer market is inflating, even if he isn't a massive sucess i can see us getting at least a million of that back on resale.

Archived