IGNORED

Finance---how Do We Afford The £2.25m Plus Wages?

Br 1st ol

Increased ST sales, sponsorship and TV money, yes, but we have just spent 10 times more than we were paying for players 2 years ago...Brooker, Betsy, McCombe, MacAlister, Keogh, Noble, LJ, ME, Dele, etc etc all for £300,000 or much much less...

So how is the Maynard deal being financed?

If not out of cash flow or working capital or reserves is it via Loans, remortgages, or as i suspect, directors loans??

any accounants out there able to throw any light on this??

I've heard a rumour that Steve L has a lot of money? How true this is I don't know.

I've also heard they're having a giant car boot sale.............

Leave that upto the men upstairs and don't start worrying everyone or SL might change his mind and parade Wayne Allison round the gate in the morn.Would that make you sleep better?!!!!

Leave that upto the men upstairs and don't start worrying everyone or SL might change his mind and parade Wayne Allison round the gate in the morn.Would that make you sleep better?!!!!

I was being sarcastic. :noexpression:

Increased ST sales, sponsorship and TV money, yes, but we have just spent 10 times more than we were paying for players 2 years ago...Brooker, Betsy, McCombe, MacAlister, Keogh, Noble, LJ, ME, Dele, etc etc all for £300,000 or much much less...

If not out of cash flow or working capital or reserves is it via Loans, remortgages, or as i suspect, directors loans??

Remember when we got promoted to Division One a decade ago we spent nearly £3m on players and still went down. Back then the TV (and don't forget radio, which we featured on quite a lot) money was a lot, lot less than it is now. £60k for each Sky home game, basic pot split between teams (Sky's general funds go 50% between Championship clubs, 25% L1 & 25% L2), radio money, ITV cash, MOTD FA Cup money etc.

Our average attendance last season was 4,000 more than when we were in Division 1 in 98/99.

Quite simply, we're getting a fortune compared to our income at the start of the promotion season and can speculate accordingly. The extra income we got last year from the play-off run alone will have covered most of our fees for the signings last season alone. Given the fees are paid in staggered instalments I'd guess that we've suddenly freed up a decent chunk of money which we would've had earmarked for paying them off this summer.

Obviously when the reports come out we'll see how it's all happened and if there are any director loans

Which player are you? How much did we sign you for ? How much you on ? :tumbleweed:

Don't forget the money from selling Nick Carle as well. Could be we have spent less net this year than last as a result - so far. :fingerscrossed:

13,500 season tickets sold, 5 players released and more to go (some on loan) mean the wage bill is a long way to being covered also I suspect. Very good business all round. :city:

Investment from SteveL and the other shareholders probably through loan stock.

The main thing is to make sure our income covers our wage bill and I believe it does.

I would be surprised if there are many Championship clubs whose income covers their wages bill, and I suspect ours doesn't.

The Championship is not a place to stick around in for very long from a financial point of view.

Let's not forget that I think it's 7 players gone out, and possibly a couple more to go (are we still paying Keogh's wages???) and just 2 in

yeah but the seven players that have gone out were not really high wage or high value players. ok we made a bit on the transfer and might be saving a bit on wages but i would assume it would not be that much. However every little helps, right?

oh and the guy with the idea about the one p's i think it is a brilliant idea as say 10000 people went to a home game and everyone gave 1p the that would be £10000 and say there were 25 home games that would be £250 000 we obviously need to think about this !!!!

To tell the truth I'm not that worried about were the money is coming from. SL is a wise man and very carefull with the finances. In SL i trust! :fingerscrossed:

yeah that is why he is one of the richest men in britain, because he is carefull but would you not like to know what made him fork out 0.75mill over what he wanted to spend?

yeah but the seven players that have gone out were not really high wage or high value players. ok we made a bit on the transfer and might be saving a bit on wages but i would assume it would not be that much. However every little helps, right?

oh and the guy with the idea about the one p's i think it is a brilliant idea as say 10000 people went to a home game and everyone gave 1p the that would be £10000 and say there were 25 home games that would be £250 000 we obviously need to think about this !!!!

not too good at maths are we ? 1p x10000=£1000 :laugh: nice thought though

Archived