IGNORED

Finance---how Do We Afford The £2.25m Plus Wages?

Br 1st ol

I would be surprised if there are many Championship clubs whose income covers their wages bill, and I suspect ours doesn't.

The Championship is not a place to stick around in for very long from a financial point of view.

Actually Steve said last season we needed to average 15,000 to cover the wage bill as I recall.

I would be surprised if there are many Championship clubs whose income covers their wages bill, and I suspect ours doesn't.

The Championship is not a place to stick around in for very long from a financial point of view.

Our footballing wage bill is around £6m.

Our revenue last season will be over £10m.

There are Championship clubs that are paying £15m+ a season in wages and they're the ones who are in trouble.

There are Championship clubs that are paying £15m+ a season in wages and they're the ones who are in trouble.

sl and gj is giving this club the kiss of life. the club is the healthiest its been in 20 + years i feel sorry for fans like cardiff etc (not really) cause there clubs are always one season away from bankruptcy living on the edge is not the way football clubs should be run a 100 years of history can go down the pan due to a couple of irresponsible and care free people in charge of a club. Well done sl and gj and continue the good work.

The wages won't stay at that level for long, not if you want to build a squad of players with some depth that won't need completely changing following promotion.

that would give us £200 000 ( that is right i did it on a calc). and i am sure that that would be very helpfull to the club to help fund the new stadium...

10,000 * £0.20 = £2,000 * 25 games = £50,000. I think your calculator is broke :whistle2:

oh and the guy with the idea about the one p's i think it is a brilliant idea as say 10000 people went to a home game and everyone gave 1p the that would be £10000 and say there were 25 home games that would be £250 000 we obviously need to think about this !!!!

maybe a quid each? quid a kid?

The wages won't stay at that level for long, not if you want to build a squad of players with some depth that won't need completely changing following promotion.

I think SteveL at last year's open day said he expected the wage bill to grow to around £10m as we push towards the Prem. If it grows slowly and we carry on selling 14k season tickets it should be just about supportable. We'll run at a loss if we keep spending £3-5m on transfer fees every season but he seems to consider that separately.

Obviously the new stadium if it comes off will help. If you look at revenues from Championship clubs the ones with new stadiums tend to turnover £20-£25m a season (not including parachute payments).

Archived