IGNORED

Maynard Deal Particulars

internetjef

I know we wont know the full ins and outs of it but i was surprised

A) that it wasnt undisclosed fee

B) even more so, that it appears to be 2,25 m straight up

I was expecting it to be the classic 'deal worth' 2.25m (where there are bonuses and sell ons all tagged on)

as we have paid what most people would agrree to be quite a high price for maynard (not that he wont be worth it), do you think there are still sell on fees etc. You would imagine a club like crewe would prefer to take maybe 1.75m with a 25% sell on fee, as they know how good he is.

anyone heard if there is a sell on fee, or if by paying the high price we have negated that and bought him flat out. If we have maneged to outright buy him with no sell on clauses then 2.25m is prob a steal for us as we would hope to be able to sell him in a few years for much more and keep all the profit.

Either way this ais a great signing but considering his massive potential it would be nice to know if we have secured him 'outright' so to speak

I would be amazed if there is no sell on fee, I would imagine Crewe are pretty savvy when it comes to selling young bright prospects as thats there business.

Spot on - but maybe Crewe waived the sell on fee in favour of an immediate lump sum of say, 250k. They would have to have waited possibly 4 years for a sell on bonus.

Just speculation of course.

Archived