IGNORED

Performances Tonight

silverfox

So, how do we think individuals performed tonight? A few thoughts from me (for what they're worth).

Basso - spilled a few, but a clean sheet, not seriously tested.

Orr - not phased by his recent injury. Didn't see him baulk a header, even in a friendly

McAllister - sound, searching and accurate long balls

McCombe - excellent in the air, good on the ground, really encouraging.

Carey - well, he's Louis. Great as always.

Johnson - confident. Steered clear of Hollywood passes.

Skuse - really impressive. Great commitment to tackles.

Williams - Patchy, great though ball (I think it was him) for one of Nicky's goals.

McIndoe - energetic, dangerous, committed. Every team should have one. Shame his orange boots always clash with the kit!

Adebola - a presence, quite good on the ball, hmmm

Maynard - well, I'm speechless!

Substitutes - too many to mention. I really rate Wilson - does anyone else?

Guest Eamer

Skuse put the through ball to Maynard.

and Wilson (Brian) I'm assuming you're talking about. I rate him, but probably not the same way you do. I rate him as a lower end League One player.

I agree with all of those comments.Although it was obvious Elliot wasn't playing espcially in the first half as I think Antwerp had more possesion. So can't really complain seeing elliot should be back soon. I think Dele and Maynard will be a great parnership and I think Williams coming in really has given sproule a kick up the backside. The defence looked a bit shaky at the start but soon settled.

I agree with all of those comments.Although it was obvious Elliot wasn't playing espcially in the first half as I think Antwerp had more possesion. So can't really complain seeing elliot should be back soon. I think Dele and Maynard will be a great parnership and I think Williams coming in really has given sproule a kick up the backside. The defence looked a bit shaky at the start but soon settled.

what do you think about the players of antwerp. because we weren't complete cause of visa problems

Trying not to read too much into it as antwerp for me werent really that 'up for it' ,

And theres the rub - pre-season game are always less than competitive and not to much emphasis should be put on the win last night.

Apart from being good for team morale and a chance to put into place some training ground moves of course.

i thought skuse, carey and mcindoe and obviously maynard played particularly well

trying not to read too much into it as antwerp for me werent really that 'up for it' , but i think skuse has done himself a lot of favours

I thought on occasions they were "too" up for it. There was that nasty tackle on Wilo and a few rash ones on McIndoe aswell.

Just to add that i thought Sproule looked good doing what we all want him to do and get at his man, and he made the third!

what do you think about the players of antwerp. because we weren't complete cause of visa problems

Visa problems? Surely you don't need visas in the EU?

To be honest, Antwerp looked weak - not up to English Championship standard. On the whole they looked young and lightweight - what is the average age? Is this because you are a feeder club to Man Utd?

I thought no.7 kevin baert was your star man, seemed to be at the heart of all the good moves. I thought Darko Lukanovic was going to be the one to watch seeing as he'd banged a load in pre season but in the end never really did too much, loved his Brookeresque chasing the ball around towards the end of the second half.

I thought no.7 kevin baert was your star man, seemed to be at the heart of all the good moves. I thought Darko Lukanovic was going to be the one to watch seeing as he'd banged a load in pre season but in the end never really did too much, loved his Brookeresque chasing the ball around towards the end of the second half.

I thought the blonde full back looked good. And I also liked the way he went out of his way to shake McIndoe's hand as MM was being substituted.

Visa problems? Surely you don't need visas in the EU?

You do need a Visa if the player is not from the EU. Hence why teams here loan young foreigners out to other EU countries for a few years until they get EU citizenship. I think that's why Chelsea loaned out Alex for the first year of his contract. There are plenty of other examples. Antwerp were about 5 players short as they couldn't get Visas.

Archived