IGNORED

Mccombe Or Fontaine

I BELIEVE

Tough one for me, i can't really choose between the two, but because of pre season i would have to go for Fontaine.

I feel sorry for McCombe with his injuries and especialy missing out on the playoff final, but i just don't feel comfertable when he is on the ball, however for a centre back he does score a hell of alot of important goals. Fontaine IMO is a hot and cold player and could be amazing or dreadful, he is technically better than McCombe but doesn't win as many headers or score as many goals!

So who would you ideal choice for saturday then?

Fontaine. For his pace and work-rate. I just don't trust McCombe with pacey forwards and cringe when he's up against them. Although McCombe does chip in with goals and is better against the long ball teams, Fontaine would be the mainstay for me.

McCombe looked strong against Antwerp the other night. Winning all headers (obviously like he should) but he also directed them well and looked generally solid. I'd go for McCombe but certainly wouldn't be worried if Fontaine started.

At his best......Keogh ! Thats a pity.

As for McCombe and Fontaine, either one, it depends on the opposition strikers we face.

Spot on - horses for courses with these two.

Both have qualities the other doesn't - if we're up against a long ball team then McCombe, if we're up against quick strikers then Fonts.

Nice to have an option, clubs in the bag etc

They apparently played most of the game 4-3-3 on saturday against Tranmere with Burgess, Taylor-Fletcher and McPhee up front (two big lumps and a little 'un) - no doubts desparate to get a goal as they've only scored 3 in the entire pre-season.

Cue a hatful on saturday then...

Who are the two big lumps in that partnership, burgess and ?

As already mentioned, horses for courses and clubs in the bag. Think it was McCoombe and Vasko who played against Blackpool at home last season to counter the height of the twin strikers.

So, depends who is in the frame for the Blackpool striking roles on Saturday. Should make McCoombe a slight favouite.

Spot on - horses for courses with these two.

Both have qualities the other doesn't - if we're up against a long ball team then McCombe, if we're up against quick strikers then Fonts.

Nice to have an option, clubs in the bag etc

totally agree

fontaine clearly the better technical player, but if your playing against big strikers id go for mccombe all day long

horses for courses

Archived