IGNORED

Murry And Co Left Out Of The Scots Squad

Glastonbury Red

Scotland squad to play Denmark in a friendly international on Wednesday, April 28 in Copenhagen:

R Douglas (Celtic), P Gallacher (Dundee United), C Gordon (Hearts); G Alexander (Preston), G Caldwell (Hibernian), S Caldwell (Newcastle), S Crainey (Southampton), C Dailly (West Ham), M Mackay (Norwich), J McNamara (Celtic), S Pressley (Hearts), A Webster (Hearts); C Cameron (Wolves), P Canero (Leicester), D Fletcher (Man Utd), G Holt (Norwich), S Pearson (Celtic), N Quashie (Portsmouth), G Rae (Rangers); S Crawford (Dunfermline), P Dickov (Leicester), K Kyle (Sunderland), N McCann (Southampton), J McFadden (Everton), K Miller (Wolves), S Thompson (Rangers).

Great picture.. Well done!! :dunno:

It's also unlocked a mystery for me. Remember at home to Plymuff DW said that Caskey would play some part of the game..... And then the following week Caskey was left out altogether? It's because DW is listening to the weather reports!! If there is a strong wind forecast then with those ears Caskey will get at least 45 minutes. :unsure:

Guest butterflybairn
I'm shocked to see no Lee Peacock. I thought he had been given the nod from what he said in the paper the other day. :unsure:

is lee peacock eligible?? there has been nothing in the scottish press about him.....

usually the scottish papers hear berti is looking at lower division, vaguely scottish players and they getting ripped right into him.

Basically Lee Peacock was stating it was his ambition to play for scotland . He said he is in his prime/ coming into his prime and as Scotland are having to look further afield for players, he was hoping to be picked, one day. I think it all came from lee and not Berti. :unsure:

Basically Lee Peacock was stating it was his ambition to play for scotland . He said he is in his prime/ coming into his prime and as Scotland are having to look further afield for players, he was hoping to be picked, one day. I think it all came from lee and not Berti. :unsure:
I think you are spot on. There has been no mention of Lee Peacock in the Scottish press at all, I didnt even realise he was Scottish until I read the web-site.

I doubt he will get a call up, although Scott Murray was looked at last year, so stranger things have happened.

Incidently, Lee Miller had a piece in the Scottish press when City were on there 11 match unbeaten run, he claimed Bristol City were on a better run the Celtic, because the 2nd Division was a more competitive league. Made me smile reading that and the steam coming out of my Celtic supporting mates ears. Therefore if they were interested in City's 11 match winning run, maybe wee Berti has cast his eye over the Scots at City. As a Scotsman I hope so, we need all the help we can get!

Leapys dad, if I remember correctly is Glaswegian.

That aside if Carey and Peacock are being considered for Scotland, Jeez football up there is in a terrible state-surely you have better players up there, than these two!!!???

Scotty and Lee M, I could see in a Scotland shirt, but Leapy??? Nah.......

Guest butterflybairn
Leapys dad, if I remember correctly is Glaswegian.

That aside if Carey and Peacock are being considered for Scotland, Jeez football up there is in a terrible state-surely you have better players up there, than these two!!!???

Scotty and Lee M, I could see in a Scotland shirt, but Leapy??? Nah.......

LeeM should play for scotland one day.

like some i said, don't think peacock has been considered and no ones heard of him up here!!

at the moment we are in a bad way but in a few years it'll be better (i hope!!). there are some quality players coming through at motherwell and hibs that are still only 18 19. mcfadden and fletcher are the first seeds of hope!

look how bad wales were a few years ago!!

I'm actually pretty chuffed vogts didnt jump on the press band-wagon and select David Marshall, i think Craig Gordon deserves his place...

and i was shocked at Malky's call up!

what about Nigel Quashie??? Played with England at 'B' level, now wants to play for Scotland.

I agree with Butterflybairn, give Scotland a few years and the young boys will come of age and give Scotland a team to be proud of again. And i think Lee Miller will be part of that ( even if he cost £365,000 Bristol Boy :P )

LeeM should play for scotland one day.

like some i said, don't think peacock has been considered and no ones heard of him up here!!

at the moment we are in a bad way but in a few years it'll be better (i hope!!). there are some quality players coming through at motherwell and hibs that are still only 18 19. mcfadden and fletcher are the first seeds of hope!

look how bad wales were a few years ago!!

Lee M will be a star for you guys...notice a couple of youg uns at Celtic, Dundee as well..Scotty should get a start too...give ya some threat down the wings he would.

Wales -good point, We've got Robbo, who should be up front with Lee M, put our pig headed manager wont, cos of Peacock!! Saying that Mark Hughes can inspire and was a ###### hot player, Berti, bless him I just can see him inspiring the Scots-you lotare passionate, and always will be, hes German and a technician, with no fire, just Tuetonic efficiency. Ya gotta promote one of your own- A Bremner, Gray, Dalglish, Souness type!!

what about Nigel Quashie??? Played with England at 'B' level, now wants to play for Scotland.

I agree with Butterflybairn, give Scotland a few years and the young boys will come of age and give Scotland a team to be proud of again. And i think Lee Miller will be part of that ( even if he cost £365,000 Bristol Boy :P )

but i'd rather have a former england 'b' international then lorenzo amoruso though... :P

but i'd rather have a former england 'b' international then lorenzo amoruso though... :P
You at the wind up, at least big Lorenzo would fight for the jersey, not 100% Quashie will, although time will tell.

As for the future of Wales & Scotland in the ranks of City, I'm going to hold back my judgement on that issue, as I have read on another thread that I'm only saying Lee Miller is good because he is my mate!! I believe Robbo could do a job for Wales ( ala Earnshaw ) and i hope Lee makes it as a Scottish international.

Ill add a bit which should be on another thread but ill put it in hear, I think the debate about best strikers is all wrong, everyone one of them has attributes which make them unique, what needs to happen is begin to play to players strengths, and get a front 2 pairing, stick with it and let them gel. Ideally id like to see Miller as first choice, but as long as the front two work, personal feelings of mine will be placed to one side. City comes first!!

Guest butterflybairn
Lee M will be a star for you guys...notice a couple of youg uns at Celtic, Dundee as well..Scotty should get a start too...give ya some threat down the wings he would.

Berti, bless him I just can see him inspiring the Scots-you lotare passionate, and always will be, hes German and a technician, with no fire, just Tuetonic efficiency. Ya gotta promote one of your own- A Bremner, Gray, Dalglish, Souness type!!

The man i would love to see in charge is Gordon Strachan should he decide to get back into football.

As for Peacock, i shall follow is career more closely now i've discovered he's a proper scot (and only 6 days older than me ^_^ )! another reason for me to keep an eye on city's scores! who else do you have aside from the two Lees?

Archived