IGNORED

Team For Blackpool

CodeRed

He said on the latest World interview that he knows the 11 - give or take 1 or 2 who may need some more time, assuming that means Elliott,Boom Boom, & Jamie MacA:

So I expect (based on what I've seen in a couple of pre season games & read/heard) Gary will go with :

.......Weale.....

Orr.........Carey...........McCoombe............Fontaine

Williams..........Johnson.........Skuse.........McIndoe

.............Adebola............Maynard.........

Subs: Basso,Noble,Sproule, Trundle, Ribiero.

I doubt Elliott will make it, McAllister hasn't played enough yet & has a knock but McCoombe will start IMO - the soft pitch after all this rain will help him through the game.

I also think Weale's played more minutes so far & if you don't give him a go now then when?

If Marv does make it then Skuse drops to the bench and Ribiero drops out of the 16.

Harsh on Brooker but only 2 can play up top & LT offers that something different from the bench and I can't recall him ever missing the 16 when fit - so it has to be LT

thoughts?

CR

I expect it will be the same 11 who started the Antwerp game. I think McAllister place is nailed on and not '1 or 2' Johnson was talking about.

Doubt Elliot will start even if he is fit.

I thought I read McAllister had a knock?

If he hasn't then - yes - Orr/Louis/Boom Boom/McA is the back 4

CR

Doubt Elliot will start even if he is fit.

Surely he's one of the first names on the team sheet when fit, what makes you think this?

Also I agree he'll start with the same team that played against Antwerp, amazed Nobes can't get in the midfield and is behind Skuse and Johnson in the pecking order :dunno:

If Basso is injured then obviously Weale would start but I can't see a fit Basso sitting on the bench.

Williams might not be first choice wide right - unless Johnson decides on 5 across midfield in which case Williams might be somewhere in the middle.

Surely he's one of the first names on the team sheet when fit, what makes you think this?

Normally he would be, but I don't think Johnson would play him, a) he hasnt played much recently b) he wont have trained much come Saturday, c) Skuse did very well aganist Antwerp so why risk Elliot if we don't have 2?

He said on the latest World interview that he knows the 11 - give or take 1 or 2 who may need some more time, assuming that means Elliott,Boom Boom, & Jamie MacA:

So I expect (based on what I've seen in a couple of pre season games & read/heard) Gary will go with :

.......Weale.....

Orr.........Carey...........McCoombe............Fontaine

Williams..........Johnson.........Skuse.........McIndoe

Subs: Basso,Noble,Sproule, Trundle, Ribiero.

I think Basso will start in goal, but i would also prefer to see weale start, a fair bit harsh on brooker he scored a few goals in pre season and i don't think GJ would go with two right wingers on the bench.

I doubt Elliott will make it, McAllister hasn't played enough yet & has a knock but McCoombe will start IMO - the soft pitch after all this rain will help him through the game.

I also think Weale's played more minutes so far & if you don't give him a go now then when?

If Marv does make it then Skuse drops to the bench and Ribiero drops out of the 16.

Harsh on Brooker but only 2 can play up top & LT offers that something different from the bench and I can't recall him ever missing the 16 when fit - so it has to be LT

thoughts?

CR

I think Basso will start in goal, but i would also prefer to see weale start, a fair bit harsh on brooker he scored a few goals in pre season and i don't think GJ would go with two right wingers on the bench. Is mcAlister fit enough to return??? Ribiero needs to come in soon and i don't see why it can't be against Blackpool on the bench.

• Admin
..........Basso..........

Orr..........Carey......McCombe......McAllister

Williams.....Skuse.....Johnson.......McIndoe

..........Adebola...........Maynard............

Weale, Fontaine, Sproule, Trundle, JMW

I think that's the closest so far but with Noble in for JMW to cover central midfield.

In case of match injuries:

Weale would cover GK

Fontaine would cover LB, CB & RB (Carey switching to RB)

Sproule would cover RW & LW (Williams switching to LW) & at a stretch the pacey forward option.

Noble would cover CM & RM

Trundle would cover up front & at a stretch LM

That's all the bases covered, it's good to have flexible players withing the squad.

You could of course switch JMW with Sproule whilst affording the same covering options (or in fact Brian Wilson for Noble or Sproule as Wilson can cover all across the midfield as well as RB).

Williams.....Skuse.....Johnson.......McIndoe

Weale, Fontaine, Sproule, Trundle, JMW

Agree apart from Noble in at right midfield which would drop JMW out the squad and Williams to the bench

..........Basso.......... Orr..........Carey......McCombe......McAllister Williams.....Skuse.....Johnson.......McIndoe ..........Adebola...........Maynard............ Weale, Fontaine, Sproule, Trundle, JMW
Think this is right except the final position on the bench. Weale, Fontaine, Sproule and Trundle will all be on the bench plus one of Wilson or Noble.

Guest Eamer

I don't think it's definate on McCombe or Williams to be honest. They've both had their problems so could be Sproule and Fontaine dependant on if GJ thinks they're fit enough for the start of the league.

.......BASSO.....

Orr.........Carey...........McCoombe............Macallister

Trundle..........Johnson.........Williams .........McIndoe

Subs: Weale,Noble,Brooker, Murray, Skuse

Id like to see Trundle paly in midfield i reakon that is where his role is at the club rather a main striker, he did quite well when he was out in that position last season and he will be on fire this season Maynard is just want he needs to spur him on.

Basso will start, maybe noble instead of Williams and maybe murray on the bench.

Blackpool 1-2 Bristol City

Tombola 26

Maynard 54

Hoolihan 65

Id like to see Trundle paly in midfield i reakon that is where his role is at the club rather a main striker, he did quite well when he was out in that position last season and he will be on fire this season Maynard is just want he needs to spur him on.

Basso will start, maybe noble instead of Williams and maybe murray on the bench.

Blackpool 1-2 Bristol City

Tombola 26

Maynard 54

Hoolihan 65

Can't see Murray ahead of Sproule on the bench,

or Trundle starting on the right ahead of Williams, Trundle, Noble or even Murray.

And Hoolihan plays for Norwich these days.

CR

Basso Orr Carey Fontaine McCalister Williams Johnson Elliot McIndoe Trundle Maynard Subs: Weale, McCombe, Skuse, Brooker, Sproule Thats the team i'd like to see anyway.
Adebola has been our best forward in pre-season, he wouldn even make your bench?

Adebola has been our best forward in pre-season, he wouldn even make your bench?

No

I would like to see Brooker as the forward on the bench. I'm not a fan of Dele and think we rely on the long ball too much if he plays up front.

As i said its just the team i'd like to see not necessarly what i will see.

No

I would like to see Brooker as the forward on the bench. I'm not a fan of Dele and think we rely on the long ball too much if he plays up front.

As i said its just the team i'd like to see not necessarly what i will see.

Hardly saw a long ball against Antwerp, for me, Dele and Maynard up front.

Weale had some good pre-season games while Basso had the hand injury. AB started friday and i expect him to start against Blackpool, he is still our No1 and rightly so.

Assuming the back four came through the Antwerp game ok i reckon that will stay the same Orr/Carey/McCombe/McAllister.

Johnson/McIndoe are nailed on starters and i`d like to see Skuse and Williams as the other two. It worked well and i don`t see the need to change it with Elliot out. Noble is undoubtedly skillful but there must still be questions marks over his ability to perform for over 70m and will probably make the bench along with Sproule, Fontaine, Trundle and Weale.

PDG

Guest Bristol City  93

Basso

Orr...Carey...Fontaine...McCalister

Williams...LJ.......Skuse.......McCindoe

.......Maynard....Adebola

This is the side I think we'll have on Saturday due to GJ's comments and pre-season

When I started this thread I put Weale to start, not my preferred choice - but what I believed GJ would do. Most people who replied said Basso to start but I believe that - deep down - GJ thinks Weale is potentially the better keeper.

Gary's latest comment today on the OS basically confirms that Weale is going to get the nod - why else make these comments if he is not planning a change.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1358599,00.html

Basso will play against Peterborough, but baring any ricks by Weale against Blackpool I think GJ will give him a run, in fairness we've only seen Weale play occaisionally while Basso has developed into a cult hero. But Weale did look very impressive against Cheltenham and made some fantastic point blank saves.

CR

I have no problem with Weale starting as no 1, I believe he is a very good, solid goalkeeper. It was always a case of whoever performed better pre-season would get the nod, if Basso is carrying a slight injury then its a no brainer. As Basso started vs Antwerp it appeared he was nailed on, gj didnt even give them a half each which id expect if he were undecided, but it appears as you say that Weale may start.

I have no problem with Weale starting as no 1, I believe he is a very good, solid goalkeeper. It was always a case of whoever performed better pre-season would get the nod, if Basso is carrying a slight injury then its a no brainer. As Basso started vs Antwerp it appeared he was nailed on, gj didnt even give them a half each which id expect if he were undecided, but it appears as you say that Weale may start.

For me its.

Sproule.....Williams.....Johnson.......McIndoe

Weale, Fontaine, Skuse, Trundle, Brooker

My team for Blackpool------------

BASSO

ORR CAREY McCOMBE McALISTER/ FONTAINE

(if fit)

SPROULE JOHNSON SKUSE MCLNDOE

MAYNARD ADEBOLA

SUBS WEALE, FONTAINE IF MCALLISTER IS FIT, WILLIAMS,TRUNDLE AND BROOKER. :city:

Only reason i have picked sproule infront of Williams because i don't think he's 100% fit yet.

COME ON YOU BOYS LETS START OF WITH 3 POINTS! WHOEVER PLAYS BE PROUND TO WEAR A BCFC SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

I'd pick:

-----------------------Weale----------------------------

--Orr-----------Carey-----McCombe-----McAllister--

--Williams-----Noble---------Skuse--------McIndoe--

--------------Brooker--------Maynard-----------------

Basso

Fontaine

Johnson

Adebola

Trundle

I reckon GJ will pick:

-----------------------Basso----------------------------

--Orr-----------Carey-----McCombe-----McAllister--

--Williams----Johnson-------Skuse--------McIndoe--

--------------Adebola--------Maynard-----------------

Weale

Fontaine

Noble

Sproule

Trundle

I do fancy us to win and Maynard to score.

Archived