IGNORED

No New Signings Before The Season Starts

Redland

Be honest, you are completely making those figures up.

Now Andy,

I know that in the current political and academic climate you can get an A* at A level for being able to recite the 5 times table and a degree for knowing how to spell pythagoras but why on earth should I make the figures up?

I suggested

Carle Sale = £1 million

Play off Crystal Palace = £0.5 Million

Play off Wembley = £2 Million (could be more; all the receipts after expenses going to City)

Season Tickets = £5.5 million

Williams = £100k (I had £300k down a few weeks ago but was corrected by hedgehunter)

Maynard = £2.25 million

Which of these do you think are seriously wrong?

I wouldnt have said it was a ''mistake'' to sell carle, without selling him would wouldnt have been able to have got maynard. Players like nick carle are two a penny and IMO lee johnson is just as good if no better beacuse at least he chips in with goals and can set them up.

Maynard is much more valubale than carle would ever be, and when marv is back fit i don't think we even need to replace carle to be honest, i disnt see what carle ever brought to the team he was all running and not enough end product i was glad to see him go to make funds for players like Maynard.

I have to ask where these goals are that you talk about as Lee only scored 1 last season and that was on the opening day (and the keeper should have saved it). Also how many goals did Lee set up last season in open play?

Been a disspointing pre-season tbh. Maynard looks a great signing but still think we need another striker going to rely on his goals too much. Need a big squad to win this league (just look at WBA) we havnt got that, few of our key players out e.g. Mcindoe, Elliot, LJ, Maynard an Carey out an we are buggered. We have lost a quality player in Carle an replaced him with one who looks to be another Brooker.

I know we overacheived last season but would like to see us improve every season an doesnt look like we are this season sadly. Teams are going to show us a lot more respect this season.

i'd like to have seen him up front with the likes of Akinbiyi, now that would have been a dream strike force?

Should we have tried to sign back Andy Cole? Hes gone to Burnley now isnt he. Theres an experienced front man to pay alongside Maynard.

As for Truns in midfield I think it could work, if he played off the front 2 just dropping balls over for maynard to run on to and slipping balls through. I'm not sure hes combative enough though, he wont make the crunching tackles he'd need to make. Another thing with Trundle, if the ball drops to him out side the box then you got a good left foot to have a pop at goal???

Archived