IGNORED

Cheap Shot From Brfc Officials

truefan

It wasn't "this club", it was just a group of individuals.

Yeah a group of individuals called Bristol City and Bristol Rovers fans. I hope Rovers remember that should such a situation ever arise again. Jamie would not have got to the Millennium had it not been for BOTH sets of fans.

Yeah a group of individuals called Bristol City and Bristol Rovers fans. I hope Rovers remember that should such a situation ever arise again. Jamie would not have got to the Millennium had it not been for BOTH sets of fans.

Sad isn't it when all the good of this gesture, as well as the numerous Fans forum Derbies, could be undone by this article. I say 'could' but it won't be as both sets of fans should rise above it as we all know we are better than this.

I don't think there will be any serious fall out from the article. All it does is highlight clearly that off the pitch Rovers have a lot of work to do to convince anyone that their operation is PROFESSIONAL. Any sensible football club who felt that the article was worth running would simply have put a story in along the lines of "Rovers thanked for donation by City fan" and literally left it at that. But clearly the Press Officer or Webmaster at the Gas is so small time that they saw it as an opportunity to try and get one over us. It seems that the majority of decent Gas see it that way too. And to lift an article off a forum without obtaining the posters permission is so low that only Andrew $h1thouse, a local two bob journalist I believe, has ever been found to have done it before.

Whilst the City fan who wrote the article may have been frustrated it has to be pointed out in City's defence that:-

1) The club does donate to charity

2) The club donated hundreds of Quid-a-Kid tickets into the local community last season

3) The club does provide players to visit sick people in hospitals

4) The club does provide players to visit schools

5) The club does provide players to attend local childrens football clubs end of season awards

The club also has considerably more regularly attending supporters than our rivals and, probably receiving considerably more requests for this sort of thing, cannot provide something every single time it is asked.

I'm sure the preparations for Saturday's game remain unaffected.

Guest Eamer

Well they've got to take a shot at us some time this season. They aren't exactly going to be able to take a shot against us in the league... You'd think they'd been promoted the way they celebrated us not going up though so maybe they are in our league and I just haven't noticed.

Come on give them a break, their new stadium is slowly getting washed down those brand new drains of theirs.

I don't think there will be any serious fall out from the article. All it does is highlight clearly that off the pitch Rovers have a lot of work to do to convince anyone that their operation is PROFESSIONAL. Any sensible football club who felt that the article was worth running would simply have put a story in along the lines of "Rovers thanked for donation by City fan" and literally left it at that. But clearly the Press Officer or Webmaster at the Gas is so small time that they saw it as an opportunity to try and get one over us. It seems that the majority of decent Gas see it that way too. And to lift an article off a forum without obtaining the posters permission is so low that only Andrew $h1thouse, a local two bob journalist I believe, has ever been found to have done it before.

Whilst the City fan who wrote the article may have been frustrated it has to be pointed out in City's defence that:-

1) The club does donate to charity

2) The club donated hundreds of Quid-a-Kid tickets into the local community last season

3) The club does provide players to visit sick people in hospitals

4) The club does provide players to visit schools

5) The club does provide players to attend local childrens football clubs end of season awards

The club also has considerably more regularly attending supporters than our rivals and, probably receiving considerably more requests for this sort of thing, cannot provide something every single time it is asked.

I'm sure the preparations for Saturday's game remain unaffected.

As it is for charity, does anybody know when and where the fete is going to take place? Rovers in their rush to demonstrate their charitable credentials appear to have forgotten to give it any publicity!

I am thinking of going along and buying the tickets myself, and then posting on their website that the Rovers fans were too tight to buy them! I assume the tickets can be recycled as toilet paper easily enough.

and that we wont forget..you reds played a big part in that..hey we think its out of order as well..now on with the season..don't do as well as last season please..couldnt be having you lot in the prem..as 4 us about mid table will do.

As it is for charity, does anybody know when and where the fete is going to take place? Rovers in their rush to demonstrate their charitable credentials appear to have forgotten to give it any publicity!

I am thinking of going along and buying the tickets myself, and then posting on their website that the Rovers fans were too tight to buy them! I assume the tickets can be recycled as toilet paper easily enough.

I also thought that but now that it has turned out to be a bit embarrassing for myself I think I will not disclose that information.

(If anyone is interested in coming along PM me.)

Guest MaloneFM
and that we wont forget..you reds played a big part in that..hey we think its out of order as well..now on with the season..don't do as well as last season please..couldnt be having you lot in the prem..as 4 us about mid table will do.

Hello Phillip old sausage!

It's just points scoring really. Although the pink shirts for breast cancer a few seasons ago was a good idea. The Evil think you are going for the play offs.

Bless!

pathetic.....

it has to be said, the bloke who's in charge of their website is a complete and utter tit, this and the whole "Bristol's number one" wallpapers sums up what a wally he is.

Is it still Ian Cole, the computer narg who made the "you stupid, stupid people" comment when some naughty City fans decided to christen his new gas messageboard with many humorous posts?

Archived